“Fab holiday”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fab holiday”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second time here and we loved it just as much as the first time, food, room and service all just as good

Have to give a big shout out to Kirsty (Sheridan) she was amazing and does an amazing job. Also to Simona from the teenagers club really good with the kids. It was sad to say goodbye.

Met some great people this year and lots of children who all played together.

As for people moaning about breakfast on their reviews what else do you want????? There is assorted cereals eggs any way you want them, toast, variety of pastries, yogurts,fruit. You can't go to a Muslim country and expect a full English fry up maybe try benidorm.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Adlewj
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guests,

My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and motivating comments received in TripAdvisor which had a great positive influence for us to work harder and to continuously improve the service we are offering to you.

We are very pleased that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.
It is our pleasure to forward your kind words to the entire team of our hotel.

Our efforts have resulted in being awarded by TUI Umwelt Champion 2010, 2011, TUI Eco Resort 2009-2010-2011, Hygiene Silver Award, ISO-14001-Awards for 2009 till 2012, HolidayCheck Award 2006-2010, Green Star Hotel Award, Tripadvisor Best Family Resort, TripAdvisor Travelers‘ Choice Award 2014, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014 and recently the HolidayCheck Award 2014
We understand this recognition as a commitment to further improve our services in 2014.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in your Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort.

Klaus Reinwand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We travelled here at the beginning of July, just as the Scottish school holidays started. The first week we were there the hotel did not seem particularly busy, but it was picking up in the second week by the time we left. As other reviewers have noted, the majority of guests at the hotel seem to be either Russian or German, although I think there were about 15 different nationalities there in total!

The service here was generally good. It has to be noted that our visit coincided with Ramadan, and I think this did have an effect on the service as the day progressed as the attitude seemed different later in the afternoon - completely understandable since people hadn't eaten since about 4am, and temperatures were usually over 40C during the day! It did seem like staff were working long shifts at times, and perhaps if they were allowed to take a rest at some point during the day this might help. Service picked up again after ifthar, at around 7pm, with improved moods and more smiles! As the hotel got busier, though, I did notice a drop in service levels towards the end of our stay - I'm not sure how well they'd cope if the hotel was nearly full.

With 15 nationalities, not everybody is going to be satisfied with the food on offer, and that was certainly the case in the buffet restaurants. The food here was targeted mainly at the German and Russian visitors, particularly at breakfast, and I often found it difficult to get any sort of variety beyond an omelette and toast (in fact, many of the British visitors could be found in the morning around the toaster!) You're not going to get the typical "full breakfast" here, primarily because the lack of pork products rules out bacon, black pudding, most sausages, etc. However, there needs to be a greater variety of fruit at breakfast - there was usually only red and green sliced apples, and the markets suggest that there could be more.

Lunch and dinner in the buffets were particularly disappointing. There was a lack both of variety and of what you might call "reliable" dishes that all nationalities would eat, such as burgers and chips. These did sometimes appear in the kids' section - and when they did, adults were generally there grabbing them! We usually went to the pool bar for lunch, where we could get burgers or chicken (and which were really good, especially the fish & chips). Because we were with First Choice, we were able to eat in the restaurants every night, and this was great because I would have struggled to enjoy the food in the buffets. My favourite was the Oriental restaurant which served traditional Egyptian food, which was really flavoursome and very filling! We thought the Chinese restaurant was excellent and not salty at all, as others have said, and particularly enjoyed the banana fritters. The Grill restaurant served excellent steaks and onion rings, and while the Italian restaurant was good, we only went there once.

The beach is about 10 minutes walk away. Beautiful sand, and stunning snorkelling within walking distance of the shore. The beach bar serves drinks from 10am, and food from noon - the odd thing about this was that this meant that you could order a beer at 11.30, but not crisps or nuts! The pizzas were excellent and freshly made.

The Animation team were excellent and really got things going. There were plenty of activities during the day, and a competition between the Iberotel resorts on Mondays. Special mention here to Kirsty and Simona, who both got us involved with the activities! Just a wee thought though - although my daughter was too old for the mini-disco, I felt it was a bit late for the kids as, because the restaurants didn't open until 7pm, it was difficult for parents with young kids to get something to eat as the kids were tired by the time the disco ended. Also, for those without young kids, it meant it was virtually impossible to get a seat for the show so more often than not we weren't able to see it. I would suggest that the mini-disco could be between 6pm and 7pm (as it is in other resorts I have stayed in) so that parents can then get a meal, and we all have a better chance of seeing the show.

We were invited to the "Captain's Table" where management met with the guests over a meal to have a chat about holidays and other things. This was really good and it was really pleasing to see them taking a good interest in what we were thinking, and I certainly felt that what was said would certainly be acted on (chips were available in the buffet at lunch the next day!) In fact, the hotel took customer views and comments seriously - we were asked about every couple of days by staff either at the pool or restaurants, and this I think shows a strong commitment to customer care.

On the whole, this was a really enjoyable holiday. Service was OK on the whole, with understandable drops because of Ramadan. Rooms were kept beautifully clean (thank you, Sabry) and the resort itself was lovely.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which faces out onto one of the pools.
2 Thank Keith2107

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd time in 2014 .june and august.
The facility are perfect.
Food variety and quality very good, Pool,water world,shisha bar ,Beach,Animation team,kids club,and night show
Staff are very friendly. Services is very good
Recommendation for family vacation.
Small comments to have late dinner as snacks as some time we miss the dinner time as we return late from some activity in Hurgada after 10 :30

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 135hayr

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Me and my sweet family liked this hotel. this is an excellent place to have fun, pleasure and memories.

Beach is very clean and beautiful, there are many restaurants, bars and clubs in this resort that could help you to have more fun in your holiday. I recommend this resort specially for family and friends

Special thanks for all staff.

• Stayed August 2014

Suez Governorate, Egypt
Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was our first time in Hurghada. We enjoyed our Eid holiday at Iberotel makadi saraya resort. The staff at the restaurant were very friendly. The service was good. We enjoyed the beach, the swimming pool and the bar. The show of the animation team at the night was great. Every thing was great. The only thing that made me upset is that the Animation team pays more attention to tourists more than Egyptians.

2 Thank Mennaa23

Egypt
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I SPEND 3 DAYS at that hotel and it was the worst days ever
the room was not 5 stars quality at all poor a./c at room very poor a;/c at the loopy and the restaurant
there was gecko every where at the rooms and out side
the pool wasn't clean at all and my little baby got sick becuz of it
bad tv and bad TV channels
nothing works well in the room except the refrigerator everything wiz money all activities wiz money very poor animation very very poor
the kids area was sucksssssssssssss it was too expensive compare to this quality i only give it 2 stars

3 Thank Hasnaa M
Reinwand, General Manager at Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to send you greetings from the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort and we would like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback as we are extremely committed to deliver the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.

We know that it was worth the effort and time therefore we appreciate your willingness to inform us about the below feedback about your stay in our hotel.

We do apologize that we didn't accomplish this for you and we welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Holiday started and ran very well. Great hotel. staff very friendly and helpful. Food in the buffett restaurants was a bit hit and miss. some days there just wasn't anything any of us fancied (wife and son aged 4). we tended to stick to the a la carte restaurants instead. the whole resort is nice and well maintained. better directions to the beach location would be handy as it took us a while to find.
the ending was not the greatest though. When i booked and paid for in full for our 10 days holiday, as we had a late flight i booked and paid for a late check out (6pm). when getting ready to leave the room around 5:30pm we had a knock at the door and it was someone asking if we needed assistance with our luggage. very good service, and also you take the assumption that they knew we had a late check out. we went to reception and I was asked to take a seat while they checked by bill etc. They called me back and said I owed 30Euros for late check out. I said I paid for it when I booked but they didn't believe me, I asked for them to show me my booking they would have recieved but they couldn't find it??? Can't find a booking? Very odd!! I argued my case for a while whilst they said it could only be resolved with the email confirmation from when I booked. I had this to hand but I didn't trust how the situation was unravelling so i didn't tell them I had it straight away. They said they couldn't find my booking and I had to pay 30Euros. When i booked it was £60. so even on the exchange rate that doesn't add up. In the end our coach turned up so I had to tie the situation up. I got my phone out, showed them the email and that was it. they changed their attitude and through a pre written reciept up. Given how some locals are in egypt, looking for tips etc I can only conclude they were looking to get money out of me through deciept. They knew before I checked out I had a late check out, why else would the porter have come to my room at 5:30pm to assist with my luggage, yet when I questioned it they had no record. such a bad way to end my holiday and has put me off going back. such a shame.

Room Tip: Take all pre booked confirmations with you
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jaz Aquamarine
Jaz Aquamarine
#35 of 222 in Hurghada
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Makadi Bay

Been to Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort? Share your experiences!