Stayed about 5 weeks ago, we had a garden room 4006 which was a bit disappointing the room was big but poorly furnished ,the shower was weird, the taps for the shower were situated in the middle of the bath so you had the width of a bath along with a nylon shower curtain which kept sticking to you when you showered, it was a problem but you got used to it. The patio area was big and private with the sun in the morning, if you like a cup of coffee early in the morning which I do take your own kettle, the room boy was brilliant the room was kept very clean he was friendly and courteous and even gave me a gift when we left The food was typical of Egyptian hotels but you could always find something to eat. The hotel is huge with a pool to match but the water was too cold to appreciate the pool when we went. We did find the lack of information a problem ie;- rules regarding aqua park, (which is brill especially for children or big kids) we wanted to have room service one night but could not find a room service menu or number we could ring in the room. The plus side the staff were very friendly especially Shahat in the Dockers Bar who keeps you well supplied with drinks and Ali at the beach bar (unfortunatly Ali left for vacation after a few days, it was never the same after)We saw a couple of shows in the two weeks we stayed and they were good.The only other gripe was the disco if it wasn't techno music forget it, it's not just the younger people that like to have a dance. Think he needs a bit more variety. Also check out the Grill restaurant in the town they do fabulous steaks and very reasonable it's about 10 min stroll on the beach path. Yes I would stay in this hotel again but with a different room grade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts an international standard Aqua Park, a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada