we had booked this holiday just for a week of rest in the sun, and looking online it looked beautiful with loads of pools and beautiful beaches. don't get me wrong the beaches were beautiful and so was the snorkelling!
We had paid to upgrade to a lagoon view room as we thought this would be lovely over looking the whole resort and lagoon and it wasnt that much to upgrade. In fact there was no lagoon ... but a building site in front of us...nothing spectacular about that view. The air-con in our room had a black mould like residue all around it with cracks starting to appear. They also advertised free WIFI ... this is not true as we had to pay and it was so poor quality that we only managed to use about 20 minutes of it. The hotel advertised that they had 6 other restaurants however four of them were closed and again they did not want their own currency but American dollars instead.
The food was inedible and cold in the buffet style restaurants, the meats did not look like they were cooked at all. There was also people that had no respect and would push in the queues with no spacial awareness of others around them. We had also witnessed people picking up food with their fingers .... smelling it and then putting it back ... how unhygienic!! there was also a lack of utensils for the food at the buffet. As a result of only eating two meals both me and my husband were then confined to our not so lagoon view room for the rest of the week because of sickness and diarrhoea.
We found that there was only us and another couple that were English and even the hotel rep said to us that we should be staying in the hotel next door as this hotel was full of Russians and the one next door was for the English.
We found the staff to be very rude...especially the reception staff who would not speak to me as I am a woman and I found myself to be ignored if there was men around waiting to be served even if they had arrived after me.
We found both the hotel and people to be very unsanitary! we saw people throw up in dockers bar (again they were not English) and just get up and walk away from it and leave it there without telling anyone. The toilets were just as disgusting with no soap to wash hands, no toilet rolls.
As a result of this holiday I ended up coming back with some sort of bacterial infection that has not only spread from my stomach but all through my guts... into my blood and into my lungs causing me to get pneumonia ... which now means weeks off work as they wont let me back until im not infectious and my lungs have cleared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts an international standard Aqua Park, a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada