“Never again”

Derbyshire
“Never again”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Where to start
We arrived to find out we was in the wrong room after hours of trying to sort it out with no respect from the staff. We tryed again in morning finally changed the room. Food well if you like rice,fish,chicken and pasta you will be fine .After our stay last year we was looking forward to go back but I can say can not wait to get back home from this trip.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Matt T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
notts
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived here on Friday and was put in the wrong room after 3 hours of arguments the staff still refused to do anything to help..and had to return in the morning. .The next day finally got it sorted but not put were requested. .We have had bad customers service all the time no respect for the British guests we are seen as second class to the Russians. The food is terrible and not catered for westerners .We can't enjoy our holiday nobody is interested in what us minority has to say. .After last year I could not say enough postives about the place and I was recomminding it to all my friends and family but now I will be telling them all not to book this place..We planned to come back next year but I've been here 5 days and got 9 left I can't wait to get home..I'm so disappointed and angry in how so much as changed for the worse..so bye bye tia heights I won't be back

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank rockman11

Travellers are raving about these Makadi Bay hotels

Leicestershire
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we had booked this holiday just for a week of rest in the sun, and looking online it looked beautiful with loads of pools and beautiful beaches. don't get me wrong the beaches were beautiful and so was the snorkelling!
We had paid to upgrade to a lagoon view room as we thought this would be lovely over looking the whole resort and lagoon and it wasnt that much to upgrade. In fact there was no lagoon ... but a building site in front of us...nothing spectacular about that view. The air-con in our room had a black mould like residue all around it with cracks starting to appear. They also advertised free WIFI ... this is not true as we had to pay and it was so poor quality that we only managed to use about 20 minutes of it. The hotel advertised that they had 6 other restaurants however four of them were closed and again they did not want their own currency but American dollars instead.

The food was inedible and cold in the buffet style restaurants, the meats did not look like they were cooked at all. There was also people that had no respect and would push in the queues with no spacial awareness of others around them. We had also witnessed people picking up food with their fingers .... smelling it and then putting it back ... how unhygienic!! there was also a lack of utensils for the food at the buffet. As a result of only eating two meals both me and my husband were then confined to our not so lagoon view room for the rest of the week because of sickness and diarrhoea.
We found that there was only us and another couple that were English and even the hotel rep said to us that we should be staying in the hotel next door as this hotel was full of Russians and the one next door was for the English.
We found the staff to be very rude...especially the reception staff who would not speak to me as I am a woman and I found myself to be ignored if there was men around waiting to be served even if they had arrived after me.

We found both the hotel and people to be very unsanitary! we saw people throw up in dockers bar (again they were not English) and just get up and walk away from it and leave it there without telling anyone. The toilets were just as disgusting with no soap to wash hands, no toilet rolls.

As a result of this holiday I ended up coming back with some sort of bacterial infection that has not only spread from my stomach but all through my guts... into my blood and into my lungs causing me to get pneumonia ... which now means weeks off work as they wont let me back until im not infectious and my lungs have cleared.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cait2695
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here with the family on a last minute getaway advertised online, totally unplanned. The deal was very good and included an all-inclusive pacakage so there was no issues with being fleeced when you got there which was good.

The place is predominantly Russian clientele, with a few Europeans. In this sort of environemnt you have to go with the flow! Most of them were normal decent people, but a few at emal times were really hard to bear as it seemd there was no consideration when it came to lining up for food or drinks when tthe serving stations became busy and they would think nothing of barging into the front to help themselves. The hotal staff really need to grip this as it did become quite annoying after a few days. I'm not sure if thats the custom where some of them live butas I said, most of the normal decent crowd seemed to observe common decency!

The beach was pretty good with the team there cleanig the sand each morning. The seas is lovely and warm and slowly graduates so the kids can enhjoy the water without being knocked over by waves!

the room were clean, large but a bit basic. No complaints as it wasn't a top priced place. The sunbed issue with the guests needs to eb sorted out though as again the common courtesy rules were not obsevred on this count with peopel paying the pool lads to reserve sunbeds for them at the crack of dawn and then not using them all day!! Managemetn - sort this out please and adopt a 2 hour rule or the towels get removed (and sort out the pool chaps - they're taking bribes for this service which makes it worse).

Didn't have any tummy trouble here, but apparently the hotel next door had some serious issues!!

Otehrwise, good value hoiday!

Room Tip: Try and get a room nearer to the beach as the far rooms are a bit of a walk in the hot Egyptian sun!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CityGuy1973
Hesham D, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am really disappointed to your contradicting comments. You have complemented the cleanliness of the rooms, you have mentioned that food was good and you never had any problem with food knowing that neighbor hotel did have issues, you have complimented the beach and most of the services we offer in the hotel yet you have complained about Russians and did not give us fair ratings according to your positive comments. I assure you that we do have lots of regular British guests who come four of five times a year and we do also have fair share of our German Guests who really do not have any issues with different guests' nationalities. I do understand your comments and I wish you can change them back to more positive to suit your good comments. Thanks and have lovely day!!
Egypt
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I just came back from a vacation in Tia Heights , We were happy to have such a lovely vacation in Makadi Bay ,the Hotel is wonderful, Aqua park is fantastic especially if you have kids, Food is okay , nice pool , beautiful sand beach & reef, No need to make snorkeling outside the hotel you can see corals and colored fished so u can make snorkeling and take photos. Rooms are too small, but overall the Hotel is really amazing, and we have all what we need. I highly recommend the hotel especially for family trips

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mirahabashi
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments we all do appreciate your support and objective openion.
we wish to see you again in our hotel.

have a wounderful day!!
egypt
Reviewed 9 June 2014

i went there more then 5 times,in every time i go there i enjoy to the max,the staff are so friendly it has a great aqua park the rooms are very good and clean the service are very good too every thing is wonderful except the food it isn't very good, the animation team is very active .activities everywhere

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank veco n
Dear Guest

Thank you for your complements about our resort. It is home away from home to you since you have visited us more than five times. We do appreciate your business and your comments and we would like to see you often. On behalf of the management team thanks again and has a wonderful day!!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Cool water park... We had sooooooo much fun... U should go even if u r staying in a different hotel... Lots of fun slides... And the pool for the kids was amazing... U must be warned the water is terribly cold though for the kids, but there is also a heated pool that they can enjoy

Stayed May 2014
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hesham D, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi Bay, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Greeting sir

Thank you for your comments and feedback . we are very proud of our resort and services especially the aqua park as you mentioned. our hotel is a perfect place for singles and families since we have a vast variety of room types and location to meet and exceed all kind of expectations. once again thank you .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makadi Bay
Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi
Al Nabila Grand Bay Makadi
#22 of 30 in Makadi Bay
Hawaii Riviera Aqua Park Resort

Been to Tia Heights Makadi Bay? Share your experiences!