SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort(Makadi Bay)
US$126
  • Pool
LABRANDA Club Makadi(Makadi Bay)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$94
US$99
US$270
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Iberotel Makadi Beach(Makadi Bay)
US$364
US$136
US$104
TripAdvisor
7,921 results
All reviewsfamily poolpergola bart bonewelcome homea la carte restaurantsanimation teammain restaurantvictoria pubvip poolred flagthomas cookthe mexican restaurantgreat holidaymain poolroom in blockfamily roomour favourite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Excellent hotel,great and very friendly staff..everything was fantastic hotel was very clean,pools were great and staff was very polite,food was very tasty, We went to the Al a Carte every night and enjoyed all of them,it was the best holiday I've ever had. people were great specially thanks for general manager's wife Mrs Kaplanci.she was very nice and friendly too..it was so nice to chat and meet with her..a big thankyou to them all they really take pride in the job they do .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie C
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I'm writing this review sitting on a sun lounger watching my daughter and wife playing in the pool. I hired a 3G dongle from the hotel for a tenner for the week so I can browse the net when the heat gets too much. I haven't joined my family today as the pharho's curse struck me yesterday and i've been hugging my loo for the past 8hrs. I managed to organise a late check out for today so we can enjoy the pool and surrondings for a bit longer.

The resort is getting emptier by the week, perfect time to come now and the great thing about it is its a family resort. The resort itself is a well maintained property clean and picturesque lots of restuarants to choose from for evening dining. The restuarants have to be prebooked 24hrs in advance which is a bummer but you get a routine operating fairy quickly.

The staff are great very helpful and I can't fault them, the best dish to try out here if you enjoy a bit of chicken is chicken moshahab. The beer is good and the wine is not bad either had both red and white. The main lobby bar make the best and strongest cocktails, pool bars are not that good.

The pools are clean but cold, it will take your breath away average pool temp is 24c but the sea is best warm, sandy beach and some coral. Sharm and Taba are better for snorkelling outside hotels if thats what you are after. We took a trip hired a glass bottom boat for two hours it was amazing, there is a section in the middle of the sea which beats the carribean.

If you want to avoid any stomach bugs in Egypt with some success then choose one of the big chain hotels like Hyatt, Mariott and Le Reve Premier hotel.at a substantial cost. I've stayed at two egyptian brand hotels Tropicana and Sunrise and at both resorts i was sick, not sure how and why. I stayed at the above three hotels mentioned and no problems encountered.

Having said that I still recommend this hotel because of the staff, cost and ammenities. The flight with Thomas Cook was horrible, the seats on the plane are too small and matters are made worse when you have a stuck up person who despises children seating infront of you.

I am not looking forward to the journey back home tonight......

Room Tip: Block 14 for family's is a good choice as the rooms are close to everything, bang in the middle of the resort.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Just got back from a lovely holiday at this hotel. It's in the middle of nowhere so a total relaxation break. The downside to this is that there is nowhere to wander to in the evenings and the hotel entertainment was poor so quiet nights in.

Al a carte Restaurants were pleasant, but main restaurant was busy with poor food and I am nit a fussy eater. There was too much choice and not enough quality.

Pools were lovely and the grounds were maintained to a very high standard.

The staff were all marvellous and worked so hard.

The constant pestering from hotel services sales staff at the poolside got a bit much after day 1. Constantly bothering you to sell spa treatments, photography, boat trips etc

Rooms were very dated and poor. Not what we were expecting from 5 *

Overall nice holiday, but a few changes could really make a difference.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Katypins
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Travelled to Sunris Royal Makadi Resort Sept 16th for one week. As previous comments the flight with Thomas Cook is awful, so cramped and no entertainment on board but once you get over that we found the hotel to be of a good standard with a quick transfer time. The rooms were clean and spacious, all the pools were great and so was the beach. We did not like the main buffet restaurant, too noisy with everyone running around and like most of the english enjoyed the Round the World Buffet which was smaller with less choice but much more calmer. We went to the Al A Carte every night and enjoyed all of them, my husband went to the Victoria pub to book our al a carte about 10 - 10.30 and always managed to get booked (but there was only 2 of us) and there was no que around that time.

We did not tip the staff until the day of our departure but found once they got to know you they have a drink waiting for you (especially around the family pool) before you have even swam up to the swim bar. All the staff were polite and served us as quickly as they could. You do get hassled by the Spar team but either get a red flag and put by your beds or say no and they do move on very quickly.

The hotel is definately not a 5 star and the lobby could you with a bit of TLC (new furniture) and my only gripe was that a lot of the drinks were not very cold (only the beer) but apart from that we had a very enjoyable holiday which was great value for money.

Room Tip: We was in block 10 which overlooked the family pool and was very quiet at night and not too far away from where all the main amenities were.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Me and my partner have stayed in this resort twice this year. We first came in March on a friends recommendation and we liked it so much we rebooked for July.
On both stays we had our photos taken by the guys from UNITED BROTHERS PHOTOGRAPHY who are very friendly and took some great proffesional pictures of me and my partner.
MOODY and SAM are the photographers we used and we were very pleased with the results.
The guys took us all over the resort and we had over 400 pictures taken on each occasion from which we chose the final pictures to have edited and corrected.
DR MAGIC who edits the pictures using the latest version of photoshop is a genius, he really makes the final copies of the photos perfect.

Many thanks to all the staff at Sunrise Makadi Bay.
We will be back very soon.
Paul Chesterton