SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Prima Life Makadi(Makadi Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Iberotel Makadi Beach(Makadi Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Makadi Saraya Resort(Makadi Bay)
  • Pool
7,902 results
All reviewsfamily poolpergola bart bonewelcome homea la carte restaurantsanimation teammain restaurantvictoria pubvip poolred flagthomas cookthe mexican restaurantgreat holidaymain poolroom in blockfamily roomour favourite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Our 3rd visit to this resort - that speaks for itself.
You cannot fault the staff they cannot do enough for you, in particular yazzer and soliman at pergola bar. Mohammad at the VIP pool is brill, he kept the area spotless and anything you required he would get you - I have never visited a hotel where a pool area is so clean he was friendly and extremely approachable , keep up the good work.

Our fav restaurant was the Asian staff really friendly lovely food. Try keep away from main buffett Russians take over and very pushy.

All in all excellent hotel will be going back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank SimpsStoke_on_trent
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I always said that I would leave a fair review, so this is a true reflection of our experience at this resort. After reading some negative reviews all I can say is that they must have gone to a different hotel than us.

Some people would complain if they stayed in Buckingham Palace with the Queen....

Yes, some things could be improved upon but I can honestly say this is the best hotel we have stayed in over the last 3 years holidaying in Egypt.... We have had holidays all over the world and to be honest the only one better is a P and O cruise around the Caribbean..

The staff on the whole are great and we didn't have any negative experiences. A quick mention to Walid who is in charge of the food, Monty in the Pagola Bar, Bassam in the main pool bar, Abdo (lifeguard) as well as a special mention to Noaa in the Asian Restaurant... Also the animation team are fantastic, Patrick and Ilyes need a quick mention....

There are only two areas really which let this hotel down. One being the main buffet restaurant which caters mainly for the German and Russian guests and the compact beach.. Now the main buffet restaurant didn't concern us as UK guests as we could choose from 7 a-la-carte restaurants for our evening meal... For breakfast try the smaller "around the world buffet"..

The food in the a-la-carte restaurants was excellent, portions are not massive but it is a-la-carte...Again thanks to Walid.... Many other hotels only offer a buffet service or a couple of a-la-carte restaurants you can use once per your stay... So how can you complain???? You have a choice of 7 a-la-carte including Mexican, Steak House, Bedowan, Italian, Asian, Greek and Mediterranean , plus buffet restaurant. Burgers, Pizza, Chips, icecream available to 5pm at Pagola Bar...

This complex, the food and staff really are fantastic... We met people from all over the UK, and most have been to the hotel more than once. This speaks volumes and we will book again for next September....

Room Tip: We stayed in Block 36 which was excellent.... However if you are not happy then ask to be moved....
6  Thank Darren-michelle218
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We travelled to Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort on Sept 13th for two weeks and I can honestly say this hotel delivers everything you want out of a restful holiday. The flight with Thomas Cook was cramped, but we booked extra legroom, so the only problem we had was people standing within our area to stretch their legs. The transfer time from the airport was about thirty minutes so no problem there. On arrival at SRMB, we were greeted by a vast team of staff who ensured you went to your allocated room safely, though I would recommend you look out for the special one called Mohamed (see photo) for that extra special treatment. The rooms were cleaned every day and had plenty of room for the small amount of time we spent in there, all the pools were great, but we tended to stay around the family pool as we were in block 10 and so was more convenient for us.(see photo of Islam, who always had a smile and a drink ready for when we arrived). We also went down to the beach a few times and I must say that if, as previously reported, the best area for snorkeling is next door at The Fort Arabesque, then there must be a massive amount of fish life there, as I found the area around SRMB beach to have an abundance of varied fish life.
We tipped staff as and when we felt deserved and thought this worked well. All the staff were polite and served us as quickly as they could, but if you go to the Lobby Bar look out for the final two characters who I assure will go that extra mile to ensure you have a fantastic holiday. The red flag scheme seems to work well with everybody but the Spa team, but we reserved a couple of treatments and they did not bother us too much after that. We tended to use the Around the World restaurant for breakfast and lunch, as this was much quieter than the main buffet. For the evening meals we used the a la carte restaurants and whilst we were there a new one opened, The Greek, bringing the total to seven venues for a la carte, each one having different merits so I wont bore you with favorites.
At the end of our holiday, all the lobby staff and a few of the waiters came out in the searing heat to say goodbye to us, which was a really nice touch and had some of the departing women in tears, so I will say thank you to all the staff of SRMB for a truly fantastic holiday and we hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: The Brits seem to be placed in block 10, though I am sure you can request elsewhere.
2  Thank PhilipLWilson
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We arrived on 16th September for 2 weeks, we found the room was ok but a bit dark and dingy, the cleaner forgot to bring us shower gel, clean towels and soap but this didn't happen every day. There is a VIP pool with a really rude chap called Mohamed Ali, he shouted at guests to wash sand of the feet from the beach, after complaining about him the manager almost suggested I was telling lies about him. The buffet in the main building was like a bun fight and it is difficult to get a table, the round the world buffet was better but the staff were more interested in texting on their mobile phones instead of looking after customers. Half of this area was dedicated to guests for smoking.

The main pool where the animation do water polo and aerobics etc was filthy, the grout in between the tiles was black in some places and when I mentioned it to the pool staff they said they clean it every 30 minutes and it is caused by sun cream. The next day the manager came and had a look and then the staff spent 30 minutes cleaning out all the gullies and after 30 minutes from the manager going back to his desk they were all playing on their phones again.

The other eating areas, Steakhouse, this was good but the size of the steaks were about 4oz, this is outside and people smoke at this place.

Asian, the food was good apart from Doua the staff were confused we went here 3 times and on all 3 occasions we were brought food which we didn't order and start eating then someone realised there was a mistake and the took it from out table to another table even though I had had a taste.

Mexican, this was inside, no smoking, the food was average but the girl wandering around spent more time being chatted up by the male manager instead of attending to customers.

Greek, again no smoking but the food was all fish; all deep fried in the same batter and tasted the same.

Mediterranean, smoking and average food

Bedouin, outside with smoking and food was awful

Italian, food ok but the starters were very tiny, the minestrone soup was nothing like it was just vegetable, the pizza was ok so was the steak they served.

On the whole the place is huge and holds 1600 people but as there were not so many children it didn't feel too busy, there were an awful lot of rude Russians that pushed in at the buffet and bars.

The Lobby bar where Thomas Cook guests get VIP Ultra All Inclusive are supposed to get international named brand drinks included, I found that the bottles on the bar such as JB whisky did not contain the original drink, they fill it with another local brand, there is a cupboard underneath the bar where they were serving Russians that tipped well the proper drinks.

On the whole the place was ok, the gardens at the back of the property were not looked after too well, the beach is nice and while we were there they doubled the number of umbrellas and beds on the beach as some people were complaining they could not get a bed on the beach unless they got up at 6.00am.

The Spa I did not try due to a conversation with a fellow guest, they told me that one of their friends had gone for a massage and during the massage the chap in question had his arm damaged and was told it would be alright in a few days, after a couple of days he had to visit the hospital and they bandaged it up telling him it might be alright.

I got ill after a couple of days and could not stray too far away from the toilet, I would suggest not to eat any of the dips or salads at the buffet as they were the same for a few days at breakfast and lunch.

On the whole the location was nice, the food was nice but if I went to a place with the same quality and service at home I wouldn't eat there again.

I have been to Egypt on 5 other occasions and it did compare quite well to other places. However the reason for I will not go back is because of the lack of service and the poor management of the property. This place did not meet my expectations and I am very disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
8  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 3 October 2011

arrived 20/09/2011 for 10 nights, this is our second time at this hotel. First time was 2 years ago,and it was as good second time round as the first. hotel was beautiful the food at the al-a-carte restaurants was fab. service was second to none would like a special mention for Soliman and Mustfa Hassan the waiters at the pergola bar they were great looked after us during our stay nothing was too much trouble. we stayed in room 14108 the cleaner was great room was spotless so thankyou to the cleaner. Hopeing to return next year can't wait. So thankyou to everybody who made our holiday great

happy holiday maker from Wolverhampton