“The best hotel....”

SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 19 June 2014

in this hotel, I was the third time and again I was surprised how nice here take care of their guests ..... already taken this so that you feel at home ..... all the staff is extremely friendly to me ..... all rooms nice, clean ...... food is excellent and a great choice ..... fun enough for young and for those a little less young ..... the beach is big ... the only thing that would be well as the beach is music lokalcek, where guests can sit down and chat a bit ..... like the poolside bar rergola ..... as far but the animation is extraordinary animators were all going off and trying from morning until late night hours of fun guests ..... so I'll definitely be back because there feels like home ...... thank you all .... good for a wonderful holiday ... especially while Natalie SUFFIELD and John Oss .......

Room Tip: ol room is good..for my....21205.....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SlovenijaIvona
royalmakadi, General Manager at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear our valued guest,

The SUNRISE Royal Makadi Team thanks you very much for these wonderful compliments.

We are very pleased that we could meet your expectations and proud of your comments!

We wish you a lovely time back at home and are looking forward to welcoming you at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort soon again!

Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (7,572)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is quite simply amazing. It is the first time I can honestly say I've not been able to find a single fault.
From the moment we arrived and were greeted with a nice drink and cold flannel, to the moment we were seen off by, I'm convinced it was the majority of the staff, it was an excellent experience.
The resort grounds are so clean and tidy, with a special mention to the gardeners that keep the gardens in perfect condition. The pool and bar areas were very spacious, with there being no chance of any over crowding anywhere. The restaurants offered up a huge variety in food at breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the themed restaurants were outstanding. I would recommend the Mediterranean restaurant on helpfulness alone, as they catered for my sister's vegetarian requests in every way they could.
Lastly, the animation team were a joy to be around. They would create a great atmosphere all day long, offering plenty of activities to those not too keen on spending the day lounging in the sun for hours.
I would also like to thank one member, John, for taking the time to constantly ask about my recovery from a stomach problem I had (and even offering up his own remedies), and this was before I'd even met him.
If anyone is even just considering going here, then do it. You'll find it very hard to come back disappointed.

6  Thank danc098
royalmakadi, General Manager at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Got home last week after an absolutely perfect 2 weeks here in paradise.
Staff are ever so welcoming, friendly, approachable and helpful.
Rooms are nice and spacious and so clean.
Pools and beach are lovely. Lots to do if you want to get involved or just perfect for relaxing.
The food is lovely, something for everyone and the restaurants that you can book are just lovely! I can highly recommend the Asian and Mexican.
Finally, the animation team, what an amazing bunch of lads and ladies! Genuinely feel I have made some lovely friends in them. They work soooo hard to ensure each and every guest are happy. They run a huge range of activities, something for everyone and well worth getting involved, especially aqua gym with Kareem. Try and keep a straight face when he acts serious, it's harder than the exercise itself!
I highly recommend this hotel for families, couples and groups.
You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha D

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel feels very luxurious with marble floors and beautiful buildings with lovely decor. Everywhere we went was incredibly clean, we were invited for a tour of the kitchens and they were immaculate and they had separate rooms to prepare different types of foods to stop cross contamination. Our room was very spacious with a large bed, sofa, makeup area, bathroom and balcony. The room had air conditioning, T.V, safe, fridge, hair dryer and telephone. The room was fresh with lovely decor and was always very clean.The resort itself is very spacious with several large pools, bars and restaurants so never feels overcrowded. The grounds are gorgeous and are obviously well looked after by attentive gardeners. The beach is beautiful and only a few steps away from the main pool where there are plenty of sun loungers so no matter what time you get up you will find some.

The service was incredible and really made the holiday. We were greeted upon arrival with a drink and a cold towel and from there the fantastic service never stopped until we left. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and all spoke very good English. In particular Islam in the main restaurant was very friendly and one day even had our drinks ready on the table before we were able to sit down. Mohamed Ali gave us exceptional service in the Asian as did Moustafa Ali in the Italian. For breakfast there is a choice of two restaurants which both serve a huge selection of food, one busier than the other. For lunch again a choice of two restaurants, with a huge selection of food, most definitely something for everybody. They also have a snack area where they make pizzas to order, there’s also soup, burgers, chips and ice cream. Most days they also had a barbeque. In the evening there is the main buffet or 7 a la carte restaurants to choose from which I highly recommend, the food both looks and tastes amazing and with fantastic service you will always have a great evening. I particularly enjoyed the Asian, Italian, Steak and the Bedwin. In all the restaurant’s the portion size was plentiful and your drinks were always topped up.

The entertainment was fantastic, throughout the day the animation team would provide many activities I took part in the aqua aerobics a few times which I enjoyed, but there are plenty of activities for everybody. The animation team are fantastic always have a smile on their face from morning to night and always go above and beyond to make your holiday special. In the evenings there is always a great show on, I really enjoyed the dance show where there was some astounding break dancing at the end. The animation team were fantastic in particular Kareem who was really funny and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Katieliciouscakes

Dear our Valued Customer,

I could not find the suitable words to express our appreciation for your kind post on trip advisor.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest and I am very happy to know that we were able to make your holiday the most enjoyable trip.

I shared personally your comments with the entire team members in particular with the animation team, the other staff members which you have mentioned , of course your remarks will stimulate them to maintain their high level service and spare no efforts to make the guests’ journey at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi is always enjoyable and memorable.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I have just had a holiday at the SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort and had a lovely time. The staff are lovely and so helpful and friendly. The kids loved the kids club and the animation team. There are so many places to eat from the buffet restaurants to al a carte restaurants (which you pre-book). The pools are lovely and clean. Would certainly recommend for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Our family room was in block 36 and overlooked the small family pool and just a short walk to the ma...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemma A

Dear our Valued Customer,

I shared personally your comments with the entire team members in particular with the animation team, , of course your remarks will stimulate them to maintain their high level service and spare no efforts to make the guests’ journey at SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi is always enjoyable and memorable.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family and I have just been to sunrise makadi bay for 11 nights.
Cannot fault it at all.
Beautiful surroundings, immaculate rooms, top class food.
The animation team made the holiday for us.
Karin, mono, john, Natalie and the rest.
All of above genuinley cared and took interest in making sure the guests were happy.
Friendly, approachable, funny, couldn't do enough!
Also really personable as all animation team always remembered your names.
My sons max & George loved all the animation team and cried when we left!
Will really miss you guys.
Kids club, brilliant, thanks to Ryan, Rhiannon and Becky!
Would definitely stay here again and Mr Sunrise needs to be aware what a fantastic team he has, not just animation team, but bar staff, recreation , cleaners and waiters.
WOW WOW WOW

Claire, Darren, Max & George

4  Thank Clairewig

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is absolutely fantastic! Cannot fault it one bit. The animation team especially are great and make sure that you are having a great time.. Never a dull moment when they are around. The food is excellent with a huge selection on offer so there is something for everyone. The hotel is very clean and our room was lovely and spacious. The gardens were very well maintained and the beach (which was only a short walk from our room) was lovely too with plenty to do. All staff were very very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. All in all I would recommend this hotel as it is absolutely fantastic and very welcoming! I will definately be returning next year!

3  Thank Mchalec

#2 of 30 in Makadi Bay
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
#1 of 222 in Hurghada

Been to SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort? Share your experiences!