Upon arrival we were surprised by the impressive entrance with its oriental flair that seemed almost welcoming. The reception before the main building was already overwhelming and all the staff were so very endearing, that we did not know how we did. The main building itself was also very impressive. Many affectionate details let us think quickly on 1001 nights. And in the dark the whole hotel complex shines in a romantic light. The residential buildings were not far from the main building and were not close to the usual mass tourism. How much more we were surprised that here so many guests are accommodated. Of the entire two weeks there was no trace. From our room we were almost overwhelmed. Had we but booked a so-called "budget room", it was absolutely nothing to feel! We had more than ample room and from the balcony we could overlook the beautiful fountain in the courtyard of the building. The cleanliness was almost overwhelming. Free WiFi there was in a separate area (pergola bar and pool), where especially the early morning hours could be well used to write with the loved ones at home.
All-Inclusive was in our case really all-in) .... it actually were no wishes open. While the majority of the guests were those of Russian and English guests in the first week, Egyptian guests mingled in the second week after Ramadan then propagated among the people. We have enjoyed them. We estimate this to be particularly endearing and outgoing.
All in all, we were more than pleased with the hotel !!!!!!
The location of the hotel is simply unique. It is located in the beautiful Makadi Bay, with direct sea access and a private beach section. Here also the little house coral reef is an absolute recommendation. Again and again we enjoyed it, just to look a little snorkeling and a variety of fish.
The transfer from the airport took a good 30 minutes, which is completely in the frame. The trip to Hurghada is approximately the same period. So the position is on the one hand heavenly quiet but not too far out of the way for all those who love to make excursions in the area.
On trips of various kinds already make the reps on the first day attention. So there are the most diverse ways to do things, and the right of the entrance door: go Delphi tours, diving, fishing, glass bottom boating, quad biking, trips to the desert to the Bedouin and many more.
What impressed us most positive was the absolute friendliness of ALL staff, from the gardeners, on the cleaning staff (both in-room and in the restaurant, bar or by the pool), at the reception, in the restaurant (both the waiter and chefs), at the pergola bar and at the pool bar, the pool (the "Recreation-People" and life-guards) and especially to mention: all entertainers!!!!
We have all - but especially the entertainment staff - really close in our hearts!!!
The foreign language skills were absolutely phenomenal; sometimes we were even asked about German and have ipso facto equally felt at home.
Since we were more than satisfied with all the things we had no reason to complain about anything. Thus, we cannot report on it also. However, we are at our good experiences here one hundred percent sure that a complaint had been dealt with promptly.
Except for a short visit of my husband in the medical department because of a sprained finger, which was expertly connected, we also needed no additional services.
But everything we have experienced here corresponds, far more than the usual standard!
Some people we would like to mention here in particular because of their phenomenal achievements:
- Anwar, who is always more than thoroughly cleaned our room and because of his kindness and attention to us really stood out
- Had Ahmed (Recreation), who was found always cheerful and busy at work and always a kind word on the lips
- Abo El Hassan, of the pergola bar: his eternal smile and his loving nature has simply carried away a
- Sameh (Pergola bar), which has quasi us read every wish from your eyes ... and before we could sit at all, he already had our favorite drinks provided ... something we have actually never experienced!
- Islam Ibrahim (T-Bone): such a competent and likeable young man we have not met for a long time ... for his sake alone, we like to go eat there!!!!
- Ahmed, who served for breakfast and lunch in the main restaurant and in the evening at the Arrabia: his cheerfulness and attention are second to none! Already in the morning for breakfast he brought unsolicited our favorite beverage and also read us literally every wish from your eyes!!!
- Ahmed from the pool bar: it is in our eyes something really special. Day after day he did his job with a joy and kindness toward us, that it was just fun to watch him. And this is certainly anything but an easy job. Often, many guests were already more than a little tipsy, or even drunk ... he has never lost yet the wording. He has all treated us with much dignity and respect. And this brings us lots of fun! In our eyes he was the best bartender ever !!!
- Ahmed Fahme, the Lifeguard, the two weeks we experienced in his element - he introduced his job through with a thoroughness that we really have respect! An example of this ...: (. Vlt aged 6 and 8 years) two little girls were in the water so tired that they threatened to drown. While the mother was unconcerned at the edge and she only abused, they should swim finally, Ahmed jumped bravely into the water and "saved" them. He put his medical skills before our eyes demonstrated by, we have seen how he treated a wounded boy expertly. - So he really deserves high praise!!!
His happiness is the way, also without equal.
- Mahmoud Samy, another lifeguard, who is also the day more than diligently performed his job and never was too much something.
The cuisine in this area is not to exceed !!! No matter which of the various restaurants we have visited, the food was unique and the operation and service were beyond compare. It is actually for all tastes: Asian, Italian, Mexican, Arabic ... Such a diverse selection of perfect palate pleasure is probably not be beat and unique. We personally ... the Arabic Restaurant overwhelmed most: the most fantastic food cooked in the most delicious way ... and then the completely perfect service! We felt so comfortable and were absolutely spoiled!!!
The various pools and the beach are just unique. Of cleanliness, this is all really can not be beat. We saw every morning as the "Recreation team" in hours of hard work everything cleaned meticulously. Since we can only say: Hats off !!!
Due to the different pools and the beach was also the amount of holidaymakers not to notice, it has absolutely "run" and was not crowded.
Then our entertainers would be mentioned. These are easy to describe with nothing !!!!! We have so far not even close to experiencing something as positive as with them. Everyone .... and so is really meant EVERYONE has made his job more than well. Yes, it was in reality not just a job for them, but it was passion and passion, love and dedication with which they all looked after us.
Early in the morning they were so cheerful over the pool that we were simply swept away. Anyone who even somewhere something gloomy could be had immediately be placed in a good mood!
It was nice to see that each had its particular characteristics and skills that were used accordingly.
We actually had the feeling that we have found in all of them real "friends" and were not just "annoying" guests had to be entertained. Thus we have in these two weeks each so well acquainted with and fond that we all already miss their lovable exclamation, such as "wiki wiki" .... "Yo, Yo, Yo" ... "Boca, Boca ", or similar.
Where do we start?
- John Oss, who charmed us again and again with his disarming nature and cheerfulness and his cute German dialect, water aerobics was very special to him
- Sepastian, the "sweet" Frenchman, who is just to love and we all laugh again and again brought ("wiki, wiki, I will miss you"), and with him was doing the water aerobics a lot of fun, but also water polo he managed to give the teams fighting spirit but also team spirit
- Mostafa Ghazal, who with his humor and charm just wrapped ourselves only to the finger and again and again perfectly motivated (for example at the water aerobics).
- Momo, who always spreads across her face and you want ("Yo, yo, yo ...") prefer to embrace the whole day, and showed the full use even in the sports activities and was having heart there!
- Boca Fouad, the "funniest bird" among the entertainers. Without him, the team just would not be complete!
- Mezo, who managed to motivate us again and again, even if we maybe wanted to be just plain lazy.
- Jamaica, Brown, Kareem and Moresio that showed the Water Polo and otherwise getting full use and super motivated teams.
- Kimo, who always made for the perfect music for the activities
You all, and of course all the others from the animation team, whose names we have not all noticed were the perfect team. Without them this holiday would have been actually not even half as good. They not only daytime gave their best. No, evening or even evening they ran in top form !!!! All the shows were just phenomenal. We could see how much work, effort, but especially how much love they have all invested in these shows!
And even then, whether at karaoke, darts, shuffleboard, bingo, or other activities they were always at his best!
We have seen up to now nothing like it and are very proud to have met this top team !!!!!
The hotel actually lives by this team !!!!!
From our room we were almost overwhelmed. Had we but booked a so-called "budget room", it was absolutely nothing to feel! We had more than ample room and from the balcony we could overlook the beautiful fountain in the courtyard of the building. The cleanliness was almost overwhelming. Of course there was air conditioning, TV and a really super nice furniture.
Having already written more than just a novel here is a very "hot" trip-tip, for those who love to make a dolphin tour:
Bay, this tour is not directly at the hotel, but at Sim-Sim Travel http://sim-sim-reisen.de/ directly in Hurghada.
Such a unique experience is guaranteed to complement your holiday one hundred percent. The seller was the first to have offered such tours and this also makes in harmony with nature. It was just overwhelming and fantastic !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Select Royal Makadi is located in the heart of Makadi bay. The hotel is built on relaxing landscape, with spectacular avers and fine sand beach for enjoyable vacation. Distance form Hurghada international Airport 30 minutes, from Hurghada downtown 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay