“Very Nice Hotel Except some minor staff actions” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaz Makadi Star & Spa

Jaz Makadi Star & Spa
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Cairo
“Very Nice Hotel Except some minor staff actions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We Checked in Jazz hotel on July 30 and checked out on August 03. We spent 3 nights in a superior ground floor room and then moved the last night to a private pool suite. All staff were extremely nice, keen to help,friendly and always smiling especially Restaurant & pool guys. Food was great. Our room was always clean. Beach was only 5 min away from hotel . We enjoyed our vacation. I was intending to say it was a perfect vacation except for two negative issues:1- Some of the reception guys are not professional enough in how to deal with a client in satisfying his need and listen actively even in very simple requests like towel cards!!
2-During checkout and at the time that I myself informed the reception guy that my bill still doesn't a include a charge I consumed, he checked and thanked me a lot for notifying him. He added the charge and I paid. Once I was intending to leave, he stopped me asking a weird question whether I took the slippers with me from the suite. I said no and even I checked with my wife whether she did so but she replied no as well. We usually don't use these things. Even we didn't have an orientation for the suite to know exactly what is in the room and what is free or not. He asked me to wait because the Housekeeping manager wants to see me as the housekeeper guy is claiming that the slippers is not in the room and that there is a charge of EUR 5 for taking it !! I was very astonished of this hilarious conversation. The Egyptian housekeeping manager came and asked me the same question. I said no and shouted as him and the rest that I paid almost $800 and u re asking for EUR5 which I said I didn't even see or use. What sort of a sense or professionalism you guys have ?! I told him if you want to check my bags, then please do. He said no. Then I said I don't have anything to say except that u re wasting my time. I left. I checked all the bags back home and found nothing except my wife being grateful for the Housekeeping guy because I did her part of getting the cloth out of the bags.

Room Tip: Ground floor superior room if u have kids for more convenience.............
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ZahranCairo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was vacationing in Jaz Makadi Star with my daughter. We stayed there from July 5th to July 16th. The overall impression is very good. The service was great! My specials thanks to chiefs and cooks for such fabulous meals. Everything was delicious and there was a big selection of food. We really wanted to try all of the prepared dishes but there was no way of doing it due to our short stay.
There was this bartender guy near billiard area ,he was making very good cocktails; all people working at the bar were trying very hard to please their customers. Waiters in restaurants were very attentive and served our orders very fast. There was a waiter on the beach also and he was serving drinks called ‘ Ahmed Sayed’. He was very pleasing regardless tips.
The management at the hotel is excellent.
Special thanks to the hotel housekeeping Manager Idrahim. We wanted to exchange a mattress for a more comfortable one and all this was done without a hassle. Up to the very last moments of our stay we were very happy and pleased and thought that we would recommend this resort to our friends and family.. until something unfortunate happened. While my daughter was sitting at a bar I received a call from a receptionist. It was a man and I recognized his voice, he wanted to come over and bring some travel information pertaining to my trip. I told him that I received this info already but he kept insisting on coming over to my room . After a while I just hang up. This man called me back immediately and offered to come to my room. I asked him what he wanted and he said that he wants to have sex with me. I was caught of guard , surprised and thought maybe I mis-heard him. I asked him to repeat and he did say the same thing. I was furious and told him
that I recognized his voice and I’ll be complaining to the hotel’s management. I immediately came down to the reception area and said that I’ll be complaining (including Jazz network) and to my surprise that guy named ‘ Ramadal’ was acting like nothing happened!
The only two people who could do it was either that bartender or Ramadal. During that time when Ramadal was calling me my daughter was chatting with a bartender. She saw Ramadal coming in and out of the bar area, so it does look like he made a call. Since I consider my English to be good and since the level of English of that bartender was just so-so, I am pretty sure it was Ramadal ( because of his much better English level) .
During my stay at this hotel this guy named ‘Ramadal’ was always looking for some reasons to visit my room. Those reasons were : ‘ to show how to use TV’, ‘to check on our refrigerator’. A couple of times someone just barged in our room without knocking and thank God we had the security lock on our door !! During last night of our stay my daughter and me were afraid to sleep in our room , we were afraid someone could rape us.
The very next morning , when living this place, we asked receptionist to see the main boss Joseph Saad. But he did not showed up until we left this hotel thinking that we will never come back to this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Alena0811
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Quite unexpectedly this was one of the best hotels we stayed in in Egypt. Excellent services - reception, room cleaning, restaurant, beach attendants. We remembered always smiling cleaner in beach toilet. Food was really good both in the main restaurant and near the pool. Quite interesting shows. But what was the most important - the sea was good for those who like snorkeling and swimming! And a nice souvenir from hotel - a set of cookies - on departure. We would definitely return there!

Room Tip: The best views are closer to the sea
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irina01011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were at this hotel from 2.4.2014-8.4 2014.I can say it was one of best holiday in 2 years.I do not have any negative comment.All staff were extremly nice,friendly and always smiling.We were asked minimum 3 times a day if we are ok,if we dont need something and if everything is ok.Our room was always perfectly clean and mini bar always full.I can really say,everything and everyone in this hotel is just PERFECT. Beach was only 5 min away from hotel and was with beautiful clean sand and clear water.Snorkling there is one breath taking experience.We were there only for one week but will definitely come back and will this hotel highly recommended :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lenka2920
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just has a week at this hotel from 28.02.14 to 07.03.14 and we had a lovely time. The hotel in relatively small with only about 160 rooms but the facilities were more than enough. The stall were very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel was only about 50% full and we were the only English, the rest were mainly Germans but this was good - nice to speak to other nationalities. We were on an all inclusive package and the variety of food could have been better but what there was was very good. The beach was a shortish stroll thru the neighboring hotels and without doubt the JAZ was the best. I have notice other reviews have said that the beach is a long walk away- I don't know which way they walked or which beach they went to but is way no further than a two to three hundred yards. I would certainly come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but if you can get a pool view room I would have one.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Peter J
Bern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel has the friendliest staff ever! Every request was granted with a smile - fresh orange juice at breakfast and decaffeinated coffee, no problem. They opened the shisha bar in the evening and provided tea and warm covers for my daughter and her friend, which the other two hotels we stayed in didn't do. Food excellent, tea and coffee in room. Good hotel for travellers with young kids or over 50s as not far to walk to dining room, lobby etc. However, beach quite a way away and I wouldn't fancy that walk in 40 degree heat. All in all highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TarekNikki
Khartoum, Al Khartum, Sudan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

nice, clean, VERY friendly staff, nice location, child friendly. 5 mins walk from sea, 10 mins driving from Hurgadah, supermarkets at Makadi bay is bit expensive than normal prices. and the best thing is that its 2 mins driving from the water park. the water park is nice, clean, safe, had great time there

Room Tip: pool view rooms is better that golf view ones
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family