After reading a number of such vastly differing reviews on here, I thought I would write a review of my own for the first time to offer an unbiased and fair evaluation of this hotel. Hopefully a few people find this useful.
I’ve just returned from a week at the Fort Arabesque with the Mrs and it was excellent, I can’t fault the hotel in any area and would seriously consider going back. If you are looking for a relaxing week in the sun at a very nice hotel, I don’t think you have to look any further than this place.
I contacted the hotel prior to arrival to say it was the girlfriend’s birthday and ask if we could be put in a nice room. We arrived and they had my email there, they said it isn’t a problem to upgrade but they wouldn’t budge on making us pay for it! I said to just leave it, but I think they put us in an executive room anyway as the one we got was really good. Big bathroom, two double beds and a nice balcony.
The rooms are cleaned every day and the cleaners are very friendly, if you want a bit of a lie in put the ‘don’t disturb’ sign on the door as they can get to the room pretty early (9am is early for me). The rooms are always left very clean, the air conditioning is always on so they are very comfortable to return to and you always get a very interesting towel design on the bed.
I’m not a fussy eater but I also like to eat well, the food at the hotel is really good. We’ve done an all inclusive in Egypt before and there is no comparison with this place. The selection at breakfast, lunch and dinner is very good, I missed breakfast everyday due to my lie-ins but the little bar by the beach has snacks on till 12pm so I could have a pastry and a drink. For lunch and dinner you can choose from pizza, soup, fish, freshly made pasta, rice, beef, lamb etc.
There isn’t an a la carte restaurant but the hotel puts on different menu’s you can get involved with three times a week. We joined in for the lobster night and the BBQ, both were really good, the lobster night especially (only about £17 each). You can also walk down the beach for about twenty minutes into a little town centre and go to a restaurant called The Grill, we went twice.
The beach is very clean and its quite lively, water aerobics, different water sports and obviously snorkelling so you won’t be stuck for stuff to do. The pools are also nice, one with a swim up bar and all that so if you get sick of the beach the pools are good too.
I honestly couldn’t complain about a thing here. The only thing I would mention is that there aren’t that many young couples or families here, it is predominantly older couples in their 40’s, 50’s and beyond! The hotel gets a lot of repeat visits from these couple in their 60’s and beyond and they absolutely love the place, some people we spoke to were on their 5th and 6th visits! That is why a lot of reviews on here call it paradise, it isn’t paradise but it’s very good!
As for the reviews on here saying they wouldn’t go back or they gave it one star as a plug socket was broken etc etc, I honestly think they were staying at a different place. Take no notice of these reviews.
If you are after a relaxing holiday, guaranteed sunshine, good food and lots of different things to do, go to this hotel as it is excellent.
1) Don’t buy the snorkelling kit, you can hire it for 9 Euros for three days.
2) Go on the Blue Lagoon boat trip, takes you out for around two hours and its very good.
3) There is a gym at the hotel which is pretty good actually, good free weights section and a couple of benches. But you have to pay 20 euros for the week. It works out as a good thing really as it means it isn’t over-crowded and full of kids messing about.
4) The girlfriend had a spa treatment and loved it, the spa is relatively new and is really impressive. If you want a couples massage thing or whatever I would imagine it is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Arabesque Resort, Spa, & Villas promises tranquilityand opulence with its 444 luxurious rooms, suites, privateapartments and 14 newly built villas.Four dining venues, five swimming pools, including a children's pool(three of which are heated), a state-of-the-art gym, world class Thai managed Spa and sports facilities as well as I-Dive, a five-starIDC PADI dive center, guarantee a fun and unforgettable hotel experience.Inspired by the Sardinian roots of its architects, FortArabesque Resort & Spa combines distinctive Italianand Arabic accents in its architecture, from its imposingmedieval fort structure to its interior touches and décor,where the different shades of Egyptian cave stones fromAswan blend with the antique fine wood furnishings oforiental designs.We would like to introduce our new concept as well, which is unique in Egypt.Nestled within the Fort Arabesque resort, The Villas offer its guests luxurious accommodation, space and privacy in addition to a more personal and dedicated service. Each of the 14 Villas (8 units with 1 bedroom + 1 bathroom, 6 units with 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms) is tastefully decorated to reflect the mix of Arabic accents and Mediterranean influences of the Fort Arabesque Resort. All units have private garden and terrace with private access to a secluded swimming pool exclusive to The Villas. To ensure a fast and efficient service, the check-in is done through a private reception. The residents also have access to the Pavilion which is a private lounge where the villa guests can enjoy a semi-served upgraded breakfast in the morning. For lunch and dinner time the Pavilion functions as an A’la Carte Restaurant, giving the opportunity to enjoy a fine dining experience. The extra benefits of the Villa Guests include free Wi-Fi, free Gym usage and various discounts in the different outlets of the hotel.Guests at The Villas are free to use all the facilities and enjoy the same ‘all inclusive’ benefits at the resort with quick access to the main restaurant and the beach as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Arabesque Resort, Spa & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fort Arabesque
- Fort Arabesque Makadi Bay
- Fort Arabesque Hurghada