The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the reception staff were friendly and were really efficient when I complained. This was our eleventh visit to Egypt, my husband and I have had holidays in Hurghada, Sharm and Taba and have always booked 5* hotels, this hotel doesn't come close to any other we have stayed in. We are not fussy eaters, love Egypt and the Egyptians and have never complained before, in the U.K. we often dine out at Wetherspoons but I was unable to eat anything for five of our seven days stay due to food poisoning. My husband lived on soup and bread for most of our All Inclusive holiday because everything served, other than salad, was inedible. All meats were either overcooked or if barbecued undercooked or served up in a sauce/gravy and we did not receognize what we were eating. I was horrified to see defrosted uncooked chips served up on the salad bar.
The bar staff were surly and all drinks were served in tiny plastic disposable cups including beer, tables in the restaurant were not cleared which meant searching every night for somewhere to sit and during the evening meal you were lucky if a waiter came to your table to offer a drink, however if they did at least it was in a glass. The waiters spent more time being admonished by their superiors which left them with less time to look after the guests. There was only one tea/coffee station at breakfast time and of course only the English waited in turn, bearing in mind we only met one other English couple which wasn't a problem as we never go away to meet fellow countrymen.
The pools had signs up saying no diving, only clothing to be worn were t.shirts in the childrens pool, but every day there were guests diving and others fully clothed even wearing jeans, why bother with signs that are not adhered to. One day there were an extended family with at least twenty children armed with water blasters firing them at guests and no pool attendants to stop them, not my idea of a relaxing holiday. We did escape to the beach for the last day for some peace and quiet, only trouble was the sea was a long walk away and when we reached it I could not go in due to the sea being rough and the fear of being torn to shreds by the coral.
I never complained about the food poisoning, I was lead to believe from a member of the Animation Team it was caused by tap water being used for the ice, I did have to complain about the noise coming from adjoining rooms and neighbouring blocks. I was informed by reception it was due caused by an extended family who had booked rooms next to us above us and in another block, a total of eight rooms. The famlly members moved from room to room and block to block making so much noise into the early hours, I felt so unwell I telephoned reception a couple of times and then got dressed and went to the reception desk to complain at 1.30am.
Take my advice and stay away from this hotel, if you want a great holiday in Hurghada go to Dana Beach, you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is located in the prominent Makadi Bay area, only 25KM southern of the very popular Egyptian holiday destination "Hurghada", on Egypt's beautiful Red Sea Riviera. Makadi is a peaceful bay with many opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving. The semi-tropical climate makes this both a summer and winter resort. The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is situated directly on over 600 meters private and white sandy beach, and has a spectacular house reef very close by, which guests may use for snorkeling. Among the 552 outsized (52sq m), comfortable & luxurious rooms, year-round sunshine, panoramic views of sea (subject to hotel availability against charge 10$ per room per night) and blue skies, Spa, tennis fields, all makes the Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort the place for unique moments to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel Makadi Bay
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel And Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort