If you stay at this hotel please make sure you eat at the italian one which you will need to book a reservation daily at guest relations.
We had to change our rooms on arrival as the bed sheets were heavily stained with blood.
The staff were mainly polite and friendly. The guest relation staff did their best under the circumstances.
For the first few days we ate at the belle vista, which was on the beach, and the food was average but ok. In the evening we ate at the main 'canteen' and the food was cold and not very nice. My girlfriend took a bite out of some chicken to find blood and it not be fully cooked.
From our experience here, we would not go back and for sure not really recommend this hotel to any friends or family as All four of us were on the toilet for a big chunk of the holiday.
I had food poisioning and so did my girlfriend.
We paid good money for this so calle '5 star' hotel. No way was this a 5 start. probably 2 or 3 to be honest.
If this hotel was branded as a 3 start and the food were better when we contracted an illness then this would have been a great holiday.
We do bring back some really good memeories but we were left wanting more.
Having said this, the hotel staff did do their best to improve our saty in the 2nd week and we did start to see a vast improvement in the food being hot and cooked fresh.
By the look of it they were making some renovations and improvments so if you do stay you might have a really good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is located in the prominent Makadi Bay area, only 25KM southern of the very popular Egyptian holiday destination "Hurghada", on Egypt's beautiful Red Sea Riviera. Makadi is a peaceful bay with many opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving. The semi-tropical climate makes this both a summer and winter resort. The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is situated directly on over 600 meters private and white sandy beach, and has a spectacular house reef very close by, which guests may use for snorkeling. Among the 552 outsized (52sq m), comfortable & luxurious rooms, year-round sunshine, panoramic views of sea (subject to hotel availability against charge 10$ per room per night) and blue skies, Spa, tennis fields, all makes the Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort the place for unique moments to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel Makadi Bay
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel And Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort