I read the other reviews before staying at this hotel and as they seemed to be split 50/50 between good and bad...I went with an open mind. But having now been there for 2 weeks I come down 100% on the side of the bad. If you go there expecting a 5 star hotel you will be so disappointed it's at best a 3 star but averages 2½
There are some good points so I will mention those as it will not take long...The Animation team work really hard to entertain everyone and do a good job. The rooms are large and well air conditioned and the swimming pools are ok.
Sadly that’s where the good part ends...the problems that this hotel has are 90% due to poor management...as someone who stays in hotels regularly on business I can tell you these people could not run a bath let alone a hotel....so what are the problems?
Plastic Cups: You will read in other reviews the comments regarding drinks being served in tiny plastic cups...it's ridiculous they serve the drinks in tiny plastic cups (beer included) that you finish in 10 seconds and then have to queue again for another drink...the result is constant queues for drinks and empty plastic cups all over the place.
Food: Bland, Boring and the same day after day after day...Clearly the Head Chef only knows a limited number of recipes so nothing changes, additionally in the main restaurant all the stations are together, drinks, salad, hot food and deserts. The result is more queues and people waiting for one thing hold up other people who want something else...Separate the stations as they do in good hotels the problem will go away..plus get a new chef.
General: The staff and managers do not care..you are just a number to them. The hotel is located a long way from Hurghada and the hotel taxi is very expensive..There is a shuttle bus but it only operates one trip a day and that is in the evening. You will be constantly hassled by guys at the hotel trying to sell you Boat Trips, Quad Bike Trips, Massages etc etc...at first you are polite but as time goes on and they do not stop you also stop being polite...It’s a pain
After a few days at this hotel I asked the agent if we could transfer to another hotel as it was so bad and I would be happy to pay extra to do so..Yes I was willing to pay to NOT stay at this hotel, sadly it was not possible.
I could go on some more but will stop there...all I will say is if you want a real 5 star hotel don’t go to this one..try the Marriott or the Stella Hotel nearby.. These Real Hotels with Real Service..maybe the management of the Harmony should go there for a night or two and learn how to run a hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is located in the prominent Makadi Bay area, only 25KM southern of the very popular Egyptian holiday destination "Hurghada", on Egypt's beautiful Red Sea Riviera. Makadi is a peaceful bay with many opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving. The semi-tropical climate makes this both a summer and winter resort. The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is situated directly on over 600 meters private and white sandy beach, and has a spectacular house reef very close by, which guests may use for snorkeling. Among the 552 outsized (52sq m), comfortable & luxurious rooms, year-round sunshine, panoramic views of sea (subject to hotel availability against charge 10$ per room per night) and blue skies, Spa, tennis fields, all makes the Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort the place for unique moments to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel Makadi Bay
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel And Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort