My partner and I visited Harmony for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year 2011-12. We enjoyed it so much we decided to go back for our summer holiday. What a mistake that was. It only took us less than 1 day to realise that the hotel was under new management. The food was the same menu for lunch and dinner every day, with no variation and all inedible. The waiters no longer ask if you would like a drink with your meal. We only got asked once (on our first day) and the drinks had not arrived by the time we had eaten. For the last 8 days or so (after we had both been very ill) we ended up buying crisps and taking rolls up to our room and having crisp sandwiches (funny but we were not ill again). On our arrival we asked for extra pillows, this took 3 trips to the reception desk and arrived 24 hours later.
The gardens are no longer well looked after, and are overgrown and full of weeds and litter.
The floors in the restaurant and lobby were filthy, but after a few days the buffers came out, we were told that the owner was making a visit. We did not see the buffers for the rest of the holiday.
Saying this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel I do expect to be able to drink out of glass glasses at night in the lobby bar and not flimsy plastic ones.
This was such a disappointing holiday but goes to show that if you've been to a hotel and enjoyed it, it may not be the same when you go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is located in the prominent Makadi Bay area, only 25KM southern of the very popular Egyptian holiday destination "Hurghada", on Egypt's beautiful Red Sea Riviera. Makadi is a peaceful bay with many opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving. The semi-tropical climate makes this both a summer and winter resort. The Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort is situated directly on over 600 meters private and white sandy beach, and has a spectacular house reef very close by, which guests may use for snorkeling. Among the 552 outsized (52sq m), comfortable & luxurious rooms, year-round sunshine, panoramic views of sea (subject to hotel availability against charge 10$ per room per night) and blue skies, Spa, tennis fields, all makes the Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort the place for unique moments to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel Makadi Bay
- Harmony Makadi Bay Hotel And Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Resort
- Domina Makadi Bay Hotel & Resort