“excellent!! We will be back!!”

The Makadi Palace Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We came here for a week in December, liked it that much, we came back for two weeks in May. When we arrived we were not impressed with our rooms. They backed on to a building site, and were not clean.This we reported to the staff, who moved us by the end of the following day.The next rooms were clean. The holiday from then onwards was excellent. I dont think we will find many places with services as good as this hotel. Although the country is having problems, the staff spoilt my daughter, the grand daughter, and myself. Nothing was too much for them.
The food is really good, although more choice would be nice. The rooms were cleaned and tidied every day to a high standard. We came back at the end of a day to find the cleaner had made a picture on the daughters bed of a peacock, using a towel, flowers and petals. Really nice!
Beach shoes are essential as the beach is made of coral. I did go into the sea but be aware that i saw a lot of sea snakes, jelly fish, and a lot of sea life i still haven't been able to identify. I questioned the staff about some of the sea life. They just said dont go too near! We stayed near the pools by the hotel.
For a quite relaxed holiday, i dont believe this can be topped!! We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed 15 August 2011

A very nice vacation experience .... beautiful weather and a lot of pleasure during our stay. Great thanks to all the people who made our stay very agreable : reception, housekeepers, animation team (Buba, Leo, Inna and company), restaurants, etc.

Can't come back this year although I really appreciated the 2 weeks stay in the hotel.

Wishing all of you a nice summer season amd a lot of pleasure,

Best greetings from Switzerland,

Karen

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Dear Staff and the Owner of Makadi Palace!
Dear Mr Tom.
Me and my wife, would like to thank you for the best time you provide us in Makadi Palace for two weeks from 3 to 17 of July 2011..
Being treated as a VIP client from my Travel Agency in Vienna, I really wouldn't aspect much in an Egyptian Hotel where Opera is not a popular form of art.

But meeting Mr. Tom, the Director of Makadi Palace we got the respect and the treatment that move, any guest of any stature.

We where aware of Egyptian revolution and being regular guest to Egypt's summer for many years, we thought something had change this time.

And yet has changed but FOR GOOD!

We found the organisation of the Hotel to the Highest level, the care true and genuine, the food almost to 5 stars european standards.

Yes, we advice everyone, go, don't hesitate to make your holiday dream to Makadi Palace in Hurghada.

Once again Thank You for all!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahushi
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Travelled 15-22 July 2011. Lovely place and not too far from Hurghada airport (around 35 mins). Rooms were nice and staff very polite. We had a little trouble with the electricity in the room on arrival this was fixed that evening. We then noticed we had a problem in the bathroom, when the toilet could not flush. They changed our room. We did have to remind them of the problem a few times before they offered us a new room (day 2). The room was an upgrade although our original room was just as nice and spacious.
The main restaurants offer European food, and is somewhat repeatative but you can reserve tables at other restaurants on site or at the neighbouring hotels Family Star & Grand Makadi. We tried the Thai and Fine Dining restaurant at Makadi Palace which was nice. Also the Caribbean restaurant at Grand Makadi. Didn't have time to explore the others.
It was nice to go to the beach and have the fish swim around you. You will need suitable footwear which you can buy from the onsite shop at 5 Euros.
The hotel offers a shuttle bus to Hurghada town which is worth visiting.
Tip: avoid buying too many souvenirs at the hotel, the airport is soo much cheaper.
We experienced a power cut the night before we left which took a while to be resolved. Power came on then off again 2/3 times. Don't know if this is a one off but be prepared. Also get up early if you want a sunbed!!! Overall my daughter (14yrs) and I had a good time.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel resort in the March 2011 for my partner birthday. We have had such a great experience. All staff very friendly, the food was amazing and a lot of choices. Definitelly will come back.....

Room Tip: Spacious room,
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Greate late booking deal with Red Sea. Airport at Hurghada one big scrum, 1st tip on entering arrivals disregard fast track visa agents and take sharp left go to banks for $15pp you still have to join next scrum at passport control.Palace has the wow factor , rooms are a bit dated but overall its a gem. 2nd tip, especially if only staying for a week, book the restaurants you want to eat in well ahead as you may miss out otherwise , tried the Italiain,thai , chinese, botanical , Dome and Melange all good Botanical head and shoulders though, Dome lovely but bit like the airport with Germans and Russians showing their lack of manners, more later, Discovery open at 5am to allow Germans to have breakfast before putting towels out , seriously,beds are plentifull but this time of year hotel is full and if you have not joined them and set your alarm for 6.30 you will be lucky to gat beds anywhere apart from the beach , 3rd tip get your wife to set alarm and push you out of bed at 6.40 it's great fun lol. Beach has plenty of beds and staff will sort them and drinks for you , 4th tip if you like the beach or miss the pool beds turn right at beach and walk 200yds in front of new hotel beach is better and there is a new beach bar and toilets that are spotless- reef is also very good for the snorklers- like swimming in an aquerium. Building work going on but only seen or heard from right hand side of the beach or back of Family Star hotel. All staff very friendly and helpfull , I took $ for tipping and these were very well received . We could only do a week at 40+ and not a cloud in sight , lol,so enjoy i hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Biffo3
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Hi all.

Just returned from the Palace and as usual we were not disappointed. I have read a few reviews about standards slipping and if I’m honest they are probably true. However this Hotel is far superior to your Tenerife or Spanish tower blocks and will be able take far more knocks before it gets to those standards. However if anyone from Red Sea Holidays is reading this then maybe you should look at the situation to get it back to tip top condition. I would suggest overhauling the rooms and keep the staff numbers as they are. For example, we noticed that staff cuts have been made since our last visit particularly the pool boys where they have been cut from 3 to 2 per area.
This was our 3rd visit to the Palace and will be planning on going back soon.

Bad points for me were...

Airport – Really don’t like Hurghada airport because you get treated like herding animals and are forced to pay the rip off visa price. God knows what this payment is for and I do get suspicious when you see all that cash being collected without any receipts. Also, watch yourself on the way home. I was frisked once by a dodgy looking airport male member of staff who grabbed my privates. He did this to other males as I heard them commenting about him aswell. Take care when you go to the toilet. I was hounded for money by the cleaner on the way in and because I ignored him (I just gave him a little smile and shake of the head) he followed me and stood very close to me whilst I was using the urinal. I felt very intimidated as he continued to follow me when I washed my hands and he still persisted his demands for money as he was handing over some tissue to dry my hands. This really made me feel uneasy.

Smoking – I’ve committed about this one before. We are none smokers and find it really off putting when you get smoking bellowing towards you when trying to eat delicious food. Real shame. I wish they would provide no smoking areas on the outside of the restaurants.

Sun Loungers – My poor wife had to get up at 06:30hrs to ensure a decent lounger by the pool. Sorry darling but I just couldn’t get up...far too early. Anyway I have read other people complaining about this and it really is up to the management to sort this out. There’s plenty of room so just purchase more.

That’s it really. We will hopefully be going back in November. Don’t let the airport put you off, just be careful. Don’t forget to tip the pool boys as they do a great job in that heat.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

All the best.