First, I would like to say that it is a very good hotel and that we had a wonderful time there.
Beach&Pool: Pool is very big and clean, and it is not crowded but water is a little bit colder. Sea water is warmer and beach is sandy but it is bigger sand. Sea is full of fishes and they swim right next to you. The whole area is very windy. At half past five there is no more sun at the pool or beach. You get free towels for the beach/pool.
Rooms: Rooms are big but some of the furniture seems old. You have mini bar with two bottles of water. Never drink tap water! Also, there is a safe box in rooms which you can use for free. Disadvantages: hair dryer is nearly useless because you need to hold the button the whole time you are using it and once you release it you need to wait till it cools off. Also, terrace light is very week.
Food: I think food was great, for dinner there was different menu every night. It was well adjusted to Europeans and there is always something like fries, chicken, and spaghetti. For drinks there is coca cola, fanta, sprite, gas water, orange, apple and pineapple juice and alcoholic beverages. We didn't have any stomach problems.
Also, there is a doctor at the hotel and I think that is very good especially if you are traveling with young children.
Staff is mostly kind, but sometimes they seem cold and unfriendly.
Animation team is good, they have mini disco for kids every night and show after. Also, for children there is something like play room, where they can draw, watch cartoons, play with toys and they are being watched by animation team girls. Animation team girls were from Europe: Hungary, Czech, Ukraine.
Hurgada is 35-40 minutes from the hotel, and there is shuttle but from the hotel 2 times a day round trip costing 7 EUR per person. In Hurgada bus leaves you in old center where there are mostly stores and coffee shops and fast food restaurants. Egyptians standing next to stores will try to make you come in and try to sell you something. Never buy for the first price they tell you, you should bargain and try to reduce price.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure Hotel offering All Inclusive service Located at unique Area at the Red Sea for all seasons. Multi nationalities and different Cultures of the Guests . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and LoveHolidays so you can book your Prima Life Makadi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prima Life Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Prima Life Makadi Hurghada