“Great hotel!”

and 1 more site!
Prima Life Makadi
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Makadi Bay
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I`ve been there in 2011, October. First of all, sea and the beach are beutiful. Coral reefs with beautifull sea creatures around, sandy beach with comfortable bads. Room are also good, 2 of us had 3 comfortable beds, lcd tv and clean wc. People are very nice, from the barmen, chef, entertainer to reception guys etc... I would like to recommend to all people who need a good rest from urban city life to go there

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Milos S
Khalifa1255, General Manager at Prima Life Makadi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Hi ...
Thanks so much for your comments about us , we are waiting for your coming back .

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have spent there a week in Feb 2013. It was my second visit to Hurghada, first time in this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised as this hotel fulfils what promises. All employees are very friendly and helpful. The cuisine is tasty and offers local food as well. The beach is clean and the access to the sea easy, sandy. Corals in the proximity. Interesting evening programs performed mainly by the team of animators, who take care of you even during the day. Room was large and cleaned daily. Overall, I can only recommend this hotel to all visitors who would like to try the renowned arabian hospitality. Simply perfect.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank Dasa K
Khalifa1255, General Manager at Prima Life Makadi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I went to Prima Life Makady Bay for a week from 17-24/11 2012. I absolutely loved it, and so did my travelling companion.
Before I describe my stay at Prima Life I would like to mention one thing: when I was reading reviews on Tripadvisor, I noticed that the newer ones were mainly positive and some of the older ones (more than 2-3 years old) were very negative. Being curious about this I asked the manager of the hotel, and the answer was simple: in late 2009 the management (and management style) of the hotel was changed completely and staff was being treated better. Since then the staff has been happier and more engaged. And the clients feel that, which you can see from the reviews.
We arrived at the hotel early in the morning, around 7 AM – after having left Prague at midnight. We were tired, but I was prepared that we would have to wait for our rooms and the All Inclusive wrist bands until at least 1 PM. But no! The friendly and smiling night manager, Achmed, welcomed us, gave us our wrist bands and invited us to use the lobby car for refreshment, while they would arrange rooms for us and the group of app. 35 persons arriving from the same plane. I told him, we would appreciate a room with 2 single beds (2 single guys travelling together) and of course wouldn’t mind a sea view.
We sat down, had a drink and coffee – and were called to the reception, and being told that our room was ready. We got exactly what I had asked for. A spacious room with 2 large beds and a sea view. What a nice beginning, and this was the style of hospitality through and through. The first 36 hours of our stay I was being greeted by 4-5 different people (one even called our room) and asked, if we were satisfied with our room and the hotel – and if there was anything we needed. As they were told that we were satisfied, they stopped asking. But still they always greeted us as if we were their special guests.
The hotel has a good standard. It is not Hollywood style crazy luxury – but nice, comfortable and well kept. Compared to other all inclusive hotels I have stayed at (4 and 5 stars) this is by far the one I would recommend and at the price we paid (normal middle range price out of Prague), it was very good value for money. We both had high expectations, and we were both surprised, how we liked our stay even better than we had imagined.
Food: Every evening of the week a different theme for the buffet. This goes for the food as well as for decorations and the way the waiters are dressed. We could always find something we liked. We especially liked the very fresh and delicious bread. We enjoyed the food a lot.
Room: Spacious, clean, well kept with very comfortable beds. Good bath room. Air conditioning functioning very well. Towels and linen of good quality. Very nice terrace.
Gardens and surroundings: Always a joy to stroll through the gardens. They were beautiful and very well kept. Every day we could see how the management made a round to check if everything was up to par – and if something wasn’t, it would be taken care of right away.
The beach: Sandy with sufficient sun beds and always the option of getting fresh towels. Being a lousy swimmer I especially enjoyed that I could literally walk into the water and then just keep my “snorkeling” to floating around over the corals and enjoy the beautiful fishes. Bad swimmers can still have a great time and beautiful experiences at Prima Life!
Staff: Like I’ve mentioned, we’ve only been met by friendly and helpful people at the hotel. Always saying hello, smiling and being willing to help, if we needed anything. We had a good time with Achmed, the night manager, because most people went to bed around 11 PM (or midnight), but we liked to stay in the lobby bar a couple of hours later than that – so he usually had time to come over and talk. He was friendly, intelligent, witty and an interesting partner for conversations. What can I say? When I return to the hotel, the first thing I’ll be looking for will be Achmed’s smiling face!
Bars: There are plenty of bars – but they are not very lively in the evening. Most of the visitors are families who don’t do a lot of late night partying. I’ll not lie, Egyptian alcohol is not the best I’ve had. I mostly drank wine and beer, but also some cocktails. The service in the bars was very friendly. We especially enjoyed the roof top bar close to the beach. Nice atmosphere, beautiful view and very relaxing. Best after sunset.
Wellness: my friend had some back problems, so he booked a massage for every day. He was so happy with it that I had to try as well and ended up booking for the last 3 days.
Other guests at the hotel: As I have mentioned, there are a lot of families, so if you’re looking for peace and quiet, you’ll be satisfied with your fellow visitors. Party-people and people looking for holiday flirts should maybe choose another hotel. There were some Russian guests, and on other hotels I have seen them described as noisy and unfriendly (and I have experienced the same myself). That was NOT the case at Prima Life, on the contrary.
Shopping: there are some shops in the lobby and a small shopping arcade. I bought a watch and a bag. But for REAL shopping, go to Hurghada, where you’ll find plenty. I bought a lot of spices and some clothes. The sales people are quite pushy, so you need to be able to say “NO” in a friendly but firm way. We went bu the hotel taxi, which was not too expensive – but the driver needed to be told quite firmly where we would like to go, because he wanted to take us to some shope whe he would get a commission.
Animation: Neither of us are really interested in that kind of entertainment, so we skipped it. I seriously don’t know if it was good or bad. There were a lot of activities for children during the day and games on the beach.
All in all I loved my stay at Prima Life – it was better than expected (although my expectations were high), and I’ll be back. Many times!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to specify which type of room you would like. They'll do their best to help...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank Laus S

Reviewed 15 January 2013

It was my fifth visit to Hurghada and may be the best one. Staff is friendly. Nobody was begging for tips as usual in Egypt. The beach is nice, no so strong winds blowing. There many animators speaking many languages. Trust me, the main problem for me in Hurghada annoying by everybody who wants to sell you their goods or services. At this hotel I did not feel annoyed.
Fitness center has enough facilities even for professonal sportsmen.

Room Tip: If you get your room closer to the beach, you will be farther from the restaurant....
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kirill I

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We were in Makadi Bay during the 1st of November holiday. Makadi Bay is very nice, Egypt is always sunny, what do you want more?
Nevertheless Prima Life is not a 5 star all inclusive hotel! Rooms were large, beautifull but not well kept. The drinks were awfull. We didn't expect grand cru wines, but they were really not drinkable. Also the cocktails were awfull, they had very strange tasts. I understand that we got only local alcoholic drinks, but these couldn't even be called cocktails. The food in the restaurant was not good neither.It also bothered me that you have to pay a lot of extra's when you want something decent, this is not my perception of all inclusive. F.i. for fresh juice, for better cocktails, for shows, for à la carte restaurant,... Animation wasn't really motivated, they did their best but were not really pushed forward.
Of course we had a great holiday but it wasn't really thanks to the hotel of which I think quality is getting less every year. A missed opportunity.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank abbabelgique

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I visit Hurghada with a minimum of once a year, most times i visit Albatros Chain, i went to Prima Life as a second visit to Hurghada this summer and the difference was unmeasurable, the Hospitality...the food and every thing. above all that we found a lot of Geckos and even in our room!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Baher M

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I was very skeptical about the hotel and as special about the coral reef, but was from the first day surprised in a positive way. To start with the coral reef, which is absolute amazing and very hard to find in other hotels in Hurgada. Me and my partner were every time at least for one hour in the water and watched the colored fishes, absolutly amazing.
The rooms are big with big bads and bathrooms, we did not have a great wiev, but we were in the room just for badtime so it didn't disturbed us. Moste of the rooms have a great view to the pool or sea.
The staff is polite in a typical egyption way, if you show him your not interested in any of the offers they have, then you wont be distrubed anymore, if you would like something, then they really try to help but in exchange for a tip.
We were also on a whole day reef trip with Tito's, this is the trip/animation provider on the hotel beach and we can just recomend that too. The price is the same as with the agency, but without any bus transfer, direct with the boat from the hotel beach. The trip was also good because the guide Alex, who was funy/polite/informative.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple