Oh dear - what a real and true disappointment within such an idyllic setting. This hotel has such potential to be a "real" 5 star hotel but Management and Infrastructure is seriously lacking (if at all existing). By european standards this hotel is maximum 3 stars and not more and this is due primarily to the beautiful gardens, the pools and the beach - BUT IT STOPS THERE. Unfortunately, we were put in a family room (which we payed extra to have) but this family room was located above the theater area so on the first night we were not able to sleep until 05.30 in the morning and then 2 russians got into a noisy fight whcih was broken up by 06.00hrs and that was our introduction to "Serenity"!! The next morning we requested to change rooms they did provide us with another room but on the other side of the theatre (directly opposite our original room and just as noisy). Finally in order to get another room away from the main hotel I had to pay extra and yes they put me in a suite by the beach infront of the restaurant which had beautiful views - but then comes Saturday night party at the beach which went on til 01.30 that morning again welcome to Serenity.... The next day after a beautiful day by the pool we come back to our room to find cockroaches in our bathroom - we complain to the mgt they propose to put us back in our original room (no extra charge - very kind) so we stay where we are. They then proceed to fumigate the bathroom which made the room unbearable to stay in so we left everything open to air (don't worry the door to the terace was broken anyway so if someone wanted to break-in either way it would not have been a problem). Unfortunately their attempt at killing the cockroaches did not work and they had to come back again.....
The rooms are clean but old, and it's time to possibly invest in new sheets and quilt covers, ours had so many holes in them that you keept getting your feet caught in them while you slept. We also had the "Ultra all inclusive" offer which provides bathrobes (when you reminded the reception!!) but again I think time to invest in new bathrobes as they were seriously torn to bits.
As for the food - overall its not good, you can find 1 or 2 things to eat, but its more of school canteen quality, again if you have the ultra all inclusive stick to the Royal bar - its better there. Furthermore, don't be late for breakfast 10.00 is 10.00 and they will not serve you after that - fullstop.
Again as I said before its such a pity as this hotel has great potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serenity Makadi Beach is located on the west banks of the Red Sea, built in Moroccan style. Opened in January 2007, this spacious five Stars Resort spans a total of 400,000 sq. meters, surrounded by large gardens, it is located directly on the Red Sea situated on its own wide beach 320m, offering spectacular views over the turquoise water and an amazing experience of a luxury life style, combined with the warmth of true Egyptian hospitality. The rooms are divided into five wings 17 clusters of 2-3 floors. You can simply relax on the hotel's beach or one of the spectacular 7 swimming pools. The resort has every possible feature to make your stay enjoyable by offering a wide range of safari and diving trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Serenity Makadi Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serenity Makadi Heights Hotel Makadi Bay
- Serenity Makadi Heights Bay