We were a bit dubious about our stay here after reading the reviews after booking our holiday but nevertheless went with an open mind as not every persons opinion is the same.
We have been to Eqypt before so sort of knew what to expect but we had never stayed at an all inclusive hotel, when we arrived the booking in procedure was simple and staff were very helpful. When we got to our room we were very pleased with it, was situated in block C2 which is close to the Baywatch restaurant and the beach. It was very spacious with a huge bed,plenty of storage and a large walk in shower, the only down point at the stage was how long the bell boy took to get our luggage to our room but hey what the heck your on holiday enjoy !! After reading another review on Trip advisor we ate the majority of time at the Baywatch restaurant, excellent views lot less crowded and manic than the main restaurant, it is open for breakfast and lunch (fresh pizza). We also ate on our allowed 1 occasion at both the Italian and Oriental restaurants again better than eating in the main restaurant. Now the main restaurant what can I say not a lot really did not enjoy the experience at all but that is just our opinion, majority of the food was clearly aimed at the majority of the guests who were Russian and German.
I cannot fault the staff in anyway, if you want to get good service tip the chef you WILL be looked after that way.
What I could not understand is that on the first couple of days the red flags were up on the jetty so staff were turning people away from swimming off the jetty but some guests were arguing with them about this but this was done as it was not safe as it was very windy?? That said when you could snorkel it was amazing so many different fish so make sure you take your snorkeling stuff with u, cheaper then buying at hotel but if u do buy there barter with the shopkeeper they will take offers.
Other negatives were ice cream only served at the main pool bar between 2pm and 4pm, and paper plates used at main pool bar.
Positives outweigh negatives but would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serenity Makadi Beach is located on the west banks of the Red Sea, built in Moroccan style. Opened in January 2007, this spacious five Stars Resort spans a total of 400,000 sq. meters, surrounded by large gardens, it is located directly on the Red Sea situated on its own wide beach 320m, offering spectacular views over the turquoise water and an amazing experience of a luxury life style, combined with the warmth of true Egyptian hospitality. The rooms are divided into five wings 17 clusters of 2-3 floors. You can simply relax on the hotel's beach or one of the spectacular 7 swimming pools. The resort has every possible feature to make your stay enjoyable by offering a wide range of safari and diving trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Onthebeach, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Serenity Makadi Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serenity Makadi Heights Hotel Makadi Bay
- Serenity Makadi Heights Bay