“Just a breath of fresh air”

Nuweiba Coral Resort
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Nuweiba
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Booked this week off to spend with my daughter. The hotel was very quiet and the staff were finding it difficult to find things to do but as always they were all perfectly charming and couldn't do enough for us. This place whether it is busy as it was in April or quiet as it was this time I still don't believe for me there is a ore beautiful and friendly place to spend a holiday.
I can't comment truthfully on the food, I have mine cooked for me due to food allergies so it is usually chicken and veg for me but that's fine, I don't go for the food.
Missed many of my usually friends this time as they were having their vacations but it was still a lovely,truly relaxing week. Will be back again in October for a couple more weeks.
If you love the place, please keep going, if you haven't been before and you just want to chill out and have a quiet holiday then try it.

Room Tip: If you are able try to get the ground floor, you may have to pay a little extra for it but its just...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayne-LM
Ashrafyounis, Manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Ms. Jayne

How always nice to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the service you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Mostafa Mohsen
For

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We arrived on the 18 th of August for a two week stay here. We did have to stay in Sharm overnight before travelling on to Nuweiba.
The hotel is in a wonderful beach side location. The site is flat and everything is within walking distance, gardens are simply beautiful.
Due to lack of customers many facilities are not open....at one point there were only five of us in the entire hotel. We were wonderfully well looked after, and as we don't look for discos etc were more than content with quiet evenings and local entertainment.

Food was well cooked, and staff really tried their best for us, producing a wonderful a la carte meal for my son's 26 birthday plus hand decorated cake. Everyone kept apologising for how quiet it was, but we relished the time to do what we wanted, relax, unwind and spend time together.

Samy, the restaurant manager, was highly entertaining and could not do enough for us. In fact, all the staff were extremely friendly and attentive.

Although not operating at full capacity because of the current situation our stay was everything we could have hoped for. We have taken many fond memories of our first visit to Nuweiba, and it won't be our last!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank FiCar
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front Office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guest

Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you want a lively holiday, this is not the place. However, if you want a relaxing time you will not find anywhere better. We have been many times, but due to the current trouble (not that you notice), there were very few travellers at the resort. Hence, why there are some comments about things not being open. The staff are fantastic from the front desk, to the restaurant to the housekeeping. We had a great time with our 11yr old daughter and will definitely go back. You can always criticise places but for value, setting and service this place is great. Yes the food is not outstanding, but we enjoyed it and it is better than some places we have been in Egypt. Overall, if you want a relaxing time, next to a fantastic beach/pool with friendly people, then this place is for you.
(We unfortunately had to use the doctor on this trip, and in contrast to the review one person left, he was exceptionally good, efficient and caring. Yes we had to pay, but without the NHS what do you expect, and we thought it was good value)

Room Tip: We have always stayed in the bungalows which are fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason A
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front Office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for two weeks all inclusive and was the best two weeks of my life. The staff were amazing and friendly and never complained. Each day the beds were made with a special design by the house keeper. On arrival, we had missed dinner so the staff brought up a plate of biscuits and cakes to tide us over. The food was amazing and so many options. The entertainment was every night and was 5 star rating.

Well done and thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The food was repetitive and we were served the same at lunch and dinner - they just added cheese to make it look different! Their themed nights had the same food all through. This just used labels like 'oriental fish' to give an impression of multi-culturalism!

And loads of parts of the hotel were shut, which no-one told us when we booked, so there was no promised alternative restaurant and nowhere else to eat near to the hotel. Oh and they put water in the all-inclusive wine and beer.

There wasn't any entertainment during the day and in the evening I saw the same whirling dancer at least 3 times. The disco was closed too, so there was not really anything to do after dinner, unless you're into Hookah pipes. And the staff - apart from the chamber staff - were unhelpful and always on their phones. Their service felt like they were doing you a favour.

It's definitely not the 4* it promises. More like a 2* and the rooms are tired - and their food hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. They actually served pizza that birds had been eating from! But I guess this is less disgusting than the bird that flew about the main restaurant pooping everywhere - even on the baby's high-chair!

The pool is much smaller than the pictures make out, the beech all pebbly. If there was supposed to be a gym and a spa - there wasn't (i'm basing this on what I've been asked to rate below). There were pool and tennis tables and that's about it.

I didn't expect the earth - I've been to Egypt before and experienced a 5* that didn't equate to 5* hotels I've stayed in elsewhere - but I expect more from Hilton. I can only think that this brand has either really let itself go or it's just that the hotel is so remote than no-one from Hilton ever bothers to check it's ok.

I wouldn't recommend staying here and can only think the higher reviews are from a different time; maybe when there was more tourism and they weren't maximising profits by cutting back on quality - which is my opinion and not fact.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Karen S
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front office manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spared to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort in the soonest future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I've just returned from this establishment and I wouldn't advise anybody to go there. I've been to Egypt before and previous trips have been wonderful and enjoyable. The Hilton Nuweiba didn't hit the mark. It certainly didn't live up to the way it's described on Hilton's website. There was only one restaurant open, which only offered 5 hot dishes including Rice, Chicken and Beef and only a small selection of Vegetables and if you're a vegetarian it's Game Over with only 4 salad bowls. Evening meals were simply left overs from Lunch time and themed nights provided the same food with the theme in front of it. As the al carte was shut there was no alternative. Entertainment was poor and the night club advertised was shut. The Kidz Club was shut most days and the animation, which was advertised didn't happen. The Hotel is kept really to a high standard but its staff and its all inclusive deal isn't the greatest. I would rate it as a 2 Star B&B in the middle of know where instead of a Hilton. STAY AWAY

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TravellingAlone5

Dear guest,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Have just returned from this hotel and holiday that for was just for a week (June 17th). Unfortunately had a delay from Gatwick so did not get to hotel until after 10 o'clock their time. So long day. Taba International Airport is misleading as it is just one building and only one passport controller working so can be lengthy wait. Trip to Hotel took about nearly two hours the roads are a challenge. On reaching hotel porters available to take luggage to rooms with brief tour of resort booking in also easy just one form to complete. Was only able to go into Blue Restaurant and they had still a good selection of food even so late. Next day breakfast in the same restaurant they are all very helpful. Samy is the main guy that deals with anything you require. But we also got lots of assistance from Ramzy (Head Chef) and George (Breakfast time) lovely pancakes. Only one restaurant open although you can have A'la Carte if you speak with Samy. My daughter and I had a lovely meal and very substantial. Ahmed (Towel Man on Beach) very very helpful. Would recommend having the massage on the beach but would suggest asking for the soft one as they are very strong. Went on 2 trips the first was snorkelling off sail boat at Waterworld would recommend this trip as very good and the crew and water guys lovely. Other trip was Quads the one from the guys on the beach and it was really good. And the safety element was top so don't have to go into Taba Heights (over 1 and half hours as apposed to 15 minutes). Also do the early morning as gets too hot after 10. This resort is for quiet time and not for the Disco queens - entertainment is low key. Wine is only available in the restaurant which is a shame and if you want cocktails you have to pay for these but only works out about £3-5. Also any named label also at a cost. But there beer and spirits were ok. The Grounds are kept beautiful and they are always working on them. This holiday was just what my daughter and I needed which was quiet and relaxing, but would have liked a bit more noise. Also the shops on resort don't have prices on anything as well as the airport.

Room Tip: Had a Superior Room but this takes away the option to have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank caza321
Ashrafyounis, Assistant front desk manager at Nuweiba Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Yours sincerely,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuweiba
0 mi away
Sol Taba Red Sea
#14 of 22 in Taba
0 mi away
Swisscare Nuweiba Resort Hotel

Been to Nuweiba Coral Resort? Share your experiences!