“A sea of serenity, sights, & stays”
Review of Habiba Beach Lodge

Habiba Beach Lodge
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Nuweiba
San Francisco
“A sea of serenity, sights, & stays”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Habiba is the best beach lodge I have ever been to! I was there for over a month, so I know - you too, will have an exceptional stay! As both a single-guest and farm volunteer, I was pleased, safe, and had the time of my life!!

My room was clean, cozy, and steps from the shore. The adored owners, Maged and Lorena, treated me like family, as did the rest of their long-time talented, warm, and dedicated staff.

The food was ex-quis-ite. Your taste buds will dance to their traditional Egyptian meals, and your mouth will water with their homemade pizza and French fries too! All the while you'll be seduced by the singing birds, beach breeze, and moonlit waves...

Habiba arranged various must-do excursions: romantic camel ride on the beach, overnighter in the desert with delicious fire-cooked dinner (by native Bedouins), guided trek to White Canyon, St Catherine Mountain and Monastery tour, dinner and dancing in dreamy Dahab, etc.

Additionally I enjoyed good books in their library, blazing bonfires, flavorful sheesha, Bedouin handcrafts (jewelry, purses, and stones), a friend's birthday dance party, on and off-site yoga classes, authentic Egyptian music, games with neighboring children, community gatherings, etc.

Also, I was wowed by the snorkeling at Habiba's three nearby coral reefs! I saw an abundant rainbow of fish and coral. Scuba and boating are offered as well.

At Habiba Organic Farm nearby, I volunteered as a "WWOOF'er", after my mix of relaxation and play at the camp. I learned a lot about cultivating fruits and vegetables, eco-sustainability, healthy tasty cooking...even about myself and life! I befriended a fantastic group of international volunteers and farmers, and I will never forget the vibrance and vivacity of Mervat or "Vito", the Farm Manager.

In addition there's a school that Lorena runs for local children; volunteers can help too. I highly recommend you take a tour of this farm and bring your children, especially! Maged welcomes you anytime.

At both the hotel and farm we enjoyed Habiba's garden fresh vegetables, herbs, fruits, etc. Also, it was delightful and unique to sell our produce and tantalizing homemade fruit jams at the Bedouin Festival and weekly outdoor markets in Dahab. I was kindly welcomed by all the different communities. The philanthropic work Maged and his wife are doing with the residents and agrotourists is touching and life changing.

Conveniently, Habiba's driver took me safely to and from the Sharm Airport and at a great rate! It was easy to get transportation to the nearby markets, shops, and cafes. Sometimes in the evenings I wanted to walk to town or to the farm, and it was safe and also refreshing.

Now, can you imagine an unforgettable and magical WEDDING at Disneyland?! That's what it was like for me getting to even attend their son's marriage celebration!! I've never seen a more beautiful wedding. By day, we graced the gulf on a "Glass (bottom) Boat"; by night, we were bewitched and bedazzled by bellydancers, flame throwers, and musicians. Habiba is 'the place' to get hitched!

I will indeed return to both their Lodge and Farm. Habiba is well worth a visit, with excellent rates too.

I wish you a stupendous stay! ❤

Check out: habibaorganicfarm.com &
wwoofindependents.org/host-list/wwoof-egypt-2

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
UK
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed a month at Habiba Beach lodge Aug-Sept 2013. I liked the simple natural feel of the place, the beautiful views of Sinai, Saudi and the Gulf of Aqaba. The rooms, though simple, were spacious and the bathrooms clean and fairly modern. Habiba Beach Lodge is a small community linked to the owner's organic farm and other local projects. I liked the idea that the owner was trying to create a sustainable local community educating and helping the local bedouin population and providing opportunities for intercultural learning and experience. I enjoyed meeting some of the interesting people who visited Habiba during my stay. The staff were extremely caring and were very warm and welcoming. The food was fresh and great tasting and presented attractively. I liked the fact that salads came fresh from the organic farm each day and it was interesting to go and visit and see how the farm was working too and meet the staff and volunteers working there. The resort on the beach is itself small with only 10 rooms but my overall experience was that this was more than just a resort or hotel, it was a warm friendly family and community. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SandraHillawi
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We came to this hotel at four o'clock in the morning and we were really tried and hot. They gave us a nice clean and cozy room with AC. It was perfect.
In the morning we sat at the beach restaurant to get our breakfast and it was a wonderful view with the ocean and Saudi Arabia in the horizon. The owner told us that they even have an ecological garden.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lindhoj
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have been visiting Nuweiba for the past couple of years at any chance that i get . By far my stay in HABIBA has been my favorite experience so far. The atmosphere is amazing, the rooms are clean and comfortable , the food is delicious and i can go on and on and on about the friendliness and hospitality of the owners and a staff. A definite come back for me. I have finally found myself a home in Nuweiba .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MisoDimo
Grafton Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We visited Egypt in December 2011. After 5 weeks it seemed very apt to spend the last night on the same beach that we flew over coming into the country. Nuweiba Beach is a huge expanse of sand stretching 5 kms in each direction. It's that large it can be seen by satellite. It was wonderful to travel the road as it meandered through the valleys of the Sinai that connects St Katherine to Nuweiba Beach, as we travelled along I wondered if we were going through the very same valley the Israelites did so long ago led by Moses. Many historians believe Nuweiba Beach to be the very same beach where they crossed the Red Sea.
Habiba Village sits almost at the northern end of the beach, the Saudi Coast is easily visible across the Gulf of Aqaba. Our accommodation back at St Katherine arranged for our transport - a minibus to take us out to the coast and to Habiba. We stayed overnight spending New Year's Eve with others in this great little hotel. The owner put on a special roast lamb meal to celebrate the occasion. The room was simply furnished but adequate and the bathroom relatively new. It has a great bar area and terrace area to hang out. They lit a fire on the beach afterwards, a wonderful time was had by all as various people sang or played and instrument, we even had a fellow who was a fire juggler for want of a better word. Just the best time. We left the following morning after breakfast to go back into the Port to buy tickets for the fast ferry to Aqaba. Be aware there are two ferries that leave most days I believe there is only one that leaves on Saturday, not sure on this. The fast ferry is the second one, it is supposed to leave around 1pm but the day we were there it never left until after 4pm, so make sure you have ample to eat as there is only one food vendor in the ferry terminal that I wouldn't eat anything from. You can't go back through to the town nearby once you go through customs. So bring a good book and plenty to eat and drink. Once onboard the ferry you can buy burgers, chips etc, cake and drinks. The voyage took just over an hour. We got our Jordanian visa at the Aqaba terminal, Its free, but be aware that there may be many others ( Egyptians Jordanians and Saudi's)who have come over on the slow ferry before you that need to be processed through customs and visa terminals... it took us 11/2 hrs to be processed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie C
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We had a very nice stay in Habiba village. Nice view, lovely atmosphere, Red Sea beach is within 5 minutes walk, friendly staff especially Maged and Azza. They were always ready to help. We stayed as couchsurfers so we provided our own food. Nevertheless, Azza was kind enough to invite us for a drink and tasting some local food. Great memory!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank smileyadventure
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Paid 220 EGP for the worst food I've eaten in my trip, the most expensive as well. Food is terrible. Got a triple room for 180 EGP and the room wasn't clean. It had no heater and the service isn't good. I highly advise not to stay in this place and if you have to stay in there try to get your meals from somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TarekMostafa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuweiba
Nakhil Inn & Dream - Nuweiba
#8 of 22 in Taba
Ayla Camp
Ayla Camp
#6 of 41 in Nuweiba

Been to Habiba Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!