“something you do once in your life”
Review of Mount Sinai

Mount Sinai
Book In Advance
US$26.40*
St Catherine Monastery and Mt Sinai Sunrise Tour from Dahab
US$660.00*
and up
Private Sunrise Tour: Sinai Mountain Climb and St Catherine Monastery from Cairo
US$75.00*
Mount Sinai Climb and St Catherine Tour from Sharm el Sheikh
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We hiked Mosas mountain at night which is 3 hour hiking to see the sun rise, it was really tough but it was really beautiful on top, please take something heavy with you if you are hiking at night it's freezing on top, however I recommend the night hike because it's melting the day one really hot and then we saw the oldest church and the tree, was fun actually .

1  Thank 920M0hamed_K

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We climbed Mount Moses in March 2013. Starting around midnight and reaching the top around 5am! It's a difficult climb, with a LOT of steps near the summit, but worth it to see the sunrise! It was freezing at the top in March, so we hired blankets to keep warm as we watched the sun come up. I'm proud to say I didn't take a camel up, but you can. It's not for the faint hearted!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I knew I couldn't let this pass so I added this in my itinerary while already in Egypt in Oct2012. It was highly recommended even though I had to pay extra $500 for this experience. It was well worth it and more. That included airfare from Cairo, a day pass at the hotel and snorkeling, private van with driver, tour guide and police escort to St. Catherine, another guide to hike to Sinai and some more extras. As a pilgrim and an adventure lover, it was amazing.

2  Thank Ching C
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Don't miss hiking in the desert. You will feel something different in the mountains, something great, OKAY so what I recommend:
1- You should have a guide from arab bedouins because they know how to take the best way inside Mountains.
2- Generally people who live there and particularly children are very special so don't miss to have some talks or take photos
3- eat Arabian food
4- grab some water, juice, something too eat with you while hiking
5- highly recommended too book at that place
6- You need to be on the TOP during the sun rise :D so start your journey late at night 00:00 may be ..
7- enjoy it .. your Music (update your playlist as you need special kind of music to make it happy and challenging) stay in the Happiness Phase :D
its the highest in the Meddile east ;D .. I reached to the TOP of Mousa Mountain and its Perfect. Next time I will do it to Saint Catherine

i luv this photo there :D https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202892212573611&set=t.1451365531&type=3&theater

1  Thank Ahmed Y
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Mount Sinai. One of the top destinations on my trip through the Holy land. Reading most of TripAdvisor reports on climbing to the top and to admire the sunset. Well I am not that young any more (almost 60), but still in a quite good shape. We have left our hotel in St. Catherine at 2 in the morning. In the mid of February, I was expected more pilgrims. The uphill was quite a decent one, not a big challenge. After almost two hours we have reached the beginning of the famous stairs. In a moment I found myself staying at the very beginning of the stairs and due to icy track (and due to my vertigo phenomena) I should quit. Be very clear. It is not dangerous at all. But - if you are not secure when icy or similar conditions occurred, it is better to quit. Its painful, but very rational. Any damage of the lag might jeopardise the whole trip and may harm the group. When I decided to quit, I rest for a while in a Bedouin tent, then I found a place from where I was able to see one of the most fascinating sun rise in my life. What a red colour of the almost 200 meters high wall above me. I have attached some pictures of the sunrise which was done by my wife at the top of the mountain. She has no problems at all. Let me conclude. I believe that I will come back to reach the top. What the powers are all around!!

1  Thank Vinetou