“Great location, excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropicana New Tiran Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
Tropicana New Tiran Hotel
Ranked #198 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Birmingham
“Great location, excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

My friend and i stayed at the New Tiran for 5 nights. we had read some pretty rubish reviews about some of the hotels in Sharm, so carefully picked this hotel as we had read quite a few good reviews. We also decided to go B & B rather than risking all inclusive. Situated right in the centre of Nama Bay, there are only around 50 rooms in this hotel, and they are all facing the pool. large rooms, really clean, quite new, cleaned every day, air con, fridge and we had a huge balcony too. Pool side was lovely, never had to fight for beds as there were only ever 5 or 10 people by the pool. so it was really nice and quiet. There were 2 draw backs only to this hotel - the pool was FREEZING and the beach was too busy. all of the hotels have their own section of beach, and the new tiran had just a very smalll section, (which was also shared with the other Tropicana up the road). so we only used the beach once or twice. we tired to use other parts of the beach, but were asked to leave! the food at the beach restaurant was great though and really reasonable. In fact the food in sharm generally was great, and we were so glad we didnt go all inclusive. at night there were some really nice bars attached to the big hotels along the beach road, definitely worth going. plus the rooftop camel bar (pretty much opposite our hotel) was great. Some of the waiters in the hotel / bars can be a little over friendly and constantly ask you questions! I would definitely reccomend this hotel, and would go back again. It was right in the centre of town nr to all the bars and restaurants. It was pretty noisy until about 2am, but if your out anyway, it wont bother you. breakfast was fine, nothing amazing but edible and its really not worth going half board here, hardly anyone was in the dining room in the evening.
this hotel was great value for money, only £69 for 5 nites B + B from on the beach.com. we're even thinking about going back for new year. trip advisor really helped us select this hotel!

• Liked — Room, central location.
  • Disliked — Beach section
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vic030

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

I just got back from Sharm el Sheikh - Tropicana New Tiran - and have to say that it was a lifetime experience. This place is out of this world when it comes to diving. Its really a shame to come here and not get on a boat trip which takes you to some of the nicest didving sites in the world. There is no need to be a licenced diver cause snorkelling is just as nice and the ammount of marine life is incredible!!
Coming back to the hotel - Its really nice and clean. I was in a ground floor room and it was pretty much quite too. Its cleaned everyday and cleaning personel are really descrete and helpful too.
The downside of the hortel is defenetly the breakfast!!! every morning everything was dry!!! Even the sliced bread for toast was dry. not to mention that the toaster was not working too when i was there. So I practically did not have breakfast from the hotel through out all my stay.
Overall thou its a good values for money.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adrianmalta
Geneva
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2008

July 2008

First of all, I thank the Topadvisor for its good information which was very useful for me in traveling to many countries, as Malta and Greece and Barcelona, especially in choosing hotels.
So I owe to Topadvisor writing about my last tripe to Sharm el Sheik to Tropicana New Tiran

Unfortunately we took a bad decision in choosing the Tropicana New Tiran as there wasn’t not much info about it.
I must say that the hotel has a good location in central Gulf of Neema and its rooms cleaned every day and that is all it can offer.
But this does not justify many other things, which prohibit it being a 4 stars H.

1- The towels were old and turned grey and many of them are torn and always stained. Fearing of eye infections, we had to use our own towels for the face. So my wife had to wash these towels every day. What a vacation I offered her!!!

2- There are many insects: cockroaches in the bathroom and Ants in the room.

3- The worst thing was the continuing noise in the room (like a helicopter voice) which comes from above the bathroom ceiling and could be heard in the room, and even closing the noisy air conditioner did not reduce the helicopter noise.
We tried to change the room but we found that the entire second floor has the same problem.
Plus there was a noise in the evening until 2 a.m coming from the loudspeaker of a nearby restaurant, ZAZA.

We booked bed and breakfast and thank God we did

Nothing could be eaten, although the hotel put many kinds, only to prove that is 4 Stars, but you could not eat anything of it. Tomatoes and pepper, etc… are never fresh, but they Insist to put the same dish day after day thinking to finish it.
Sausages and cheese were not fresh and were the worst and the cheapest you could found in the local market, you can not even give it to your dog. So we ate only some bread and butter.

Fortunately it was a cheap price we paid. But they could tell us that is for a 2 stars hotel not for 4 , as I always go in 4 Stars H and I know what it is.

I do not know who is the owner or the hotel manager, but I felt this hotel is run by the Mentality of a hiker seller who only cares about your money and does not concern himself with the customer or about his opinion, because he always find new victims

We are happy to cut and end our holiday early and return to our home to find some calm.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room, Breakfast,
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank samGeneva

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

We have just returned from our ten night stay in Sharm el Sheikh and it was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend and I are in our early 20s and we searched this website endlessly to find a hotel in a great location that was clean. Those were our two main priorities and we found Trip Advisor extremely useful hence I felt the desire to write this report to share our experiences with other travellers.

The Tropicana New Tiran is located directly in the heart of Naama Bay - you walk to the left of the hotel and you are on the beach (which provide you with large towels for the sunloungers) and walking to the right, you find yourself DIRECTLY in the buzz of Naama Bay's brilliant bars and restaurants. Pacha nightclub (currently 54th in the world's top 100 clubs) is situated 25 walking steps from your front door and the Camel rooftop bar is directly opposite (you MUST have a shisha pipe in this bar, it feels so surreal to be sitting on the roof, overlooking the bay just relaxing and chilling out - they cost 10 egyptian pounds (£1) with an array of fruity flavours). The Hard Rock Cafe, McDonalds, TGI's, KFC, Baskin Robbins are all within walking distance but you must take a trip to 'On the Deck' restaurant which sits in the Red Sea (beautiful) and the Mexican Bar (the food is delicious). I honestly cannot speak highly enough of this hotel's fabulous location.

The hotel was spotless and the housekeeping boys were working constantly and changed towels everyday. The rooms were very spacious compared to many hotels I have visited in Europe and all rooms overlook the pool. The rooms contain a hairdryer, mini fridge, TV, telephone, shower and balcony and the hotel lobby provides internet access and safety deposit boxes at the reception. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly however I thought it strange that all staff in hotels, bars and restaurants are male!! This was not a problem however as they could not have been more attentive.

I cannot comment on the food of the hotel as we were bed and breakfast and missed it everyday due to very late nights partying!! However I would recommend that you do not go all inclusive or half board as you are spoiled for choice with the restaurants surrounding you. We found food prices very reasonable however the price of alcohol was just as expensive as in Britain. Local spirits are quite reasonable though and take a trip to the duty free shop in Naama Bay for great deals (eg. 1 litre Stoli vodka for approx £9).

We loved the urban night at Pacha on Fridays and visit El Fanar beachfront restaurant and club - it is AMAZING! The nightclub is only on Wednesday nights and is very popular with locals and Italians. Overlooking the red sea in this open air buzzing club is simply a must once-in-a-lifetime experience.

We absolutely loved our time in Sharm and will definitely return in the future and most certainly to the New Tiran Hotel. There was a lovely atmosphere within the hotel and a wide variety of nationalities of couples and families. I liked this and I hope you consider this hotel if ever visiting Sharmel Sheikh - you will NOT be disappointed.

• Liked — The amazing location and the cleanliness of the hotel
  • Disliked — There was honestly nothing I experienced at this hotel that I could fault
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank j0j0bee
dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2008

Just returned from a weeks stay at the tropicana new tiran hotel we stayed from 11/5/08-18/05/08.
This hotel is right in the centre of naama bay it is brilliant for location as soon as you step outside the hotel you are surrounded by pubs, restaurants and the main shopping centre. The hotel is small, but the rooms are a brilliant size and are really clean with a mini fridge, television which i think only had one channel but what do you need a tv for on holiday!!! Our room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels everyday, they left us some lovely flowers in our room on day and made a crocodile out of our towels which was very creative!!!
The pool is small but it is nice and quiet and the sunshine is amazing out there it was in its 30's throughout the holiday. The private beach is small and they cram you in like sardines so we usually stuck to the pool area.
We were bed anf breakfast and thank god we were!!! the breakfast was the downfall of this hotel there wasnt much selection and i stuck to cereal everyday, but there is brilliant restaurants to eat in, in naama bay so it was always nice to go out for lunch and an evening meal.
The staff are really friendly and helpful although not to good at speaking english!!!! Be aware of the poolside bar man he brings you your drinks and then trys to pocket your change so make sure you get your change from him!!!!
Overall it was a brilliant holiday and for what we paid it was while worth staying there!!!! I would recommend this hotel to young people because you are so central and close to the brilliant nightlife they have in namma bay. Make sure you go to the hard rock cafe at midnight thats when the party starts its brilliant!!! I would def return to this hotel again.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The breakfast and poolside bar man!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank crooky87
Frodsham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2008

This hotel is on the main street of Naama Bay across from the famous Camel Bar and Pacha night club. The hotel is very basic with few ammenities but is spolessly clean and very well maintained. The room I had had a massive king size bed, not just two singles shoved together, the air conditioning worked brilliantly and the water in the shower was constant and never brown! there was no bath in my room which was not a problem for me but may be an issue to others. The only English TV was CNN but I don't travel to sit in my room watching the box! There is no safe in the room so you have to use a safe deposit box at reception which can only fit small items, no laptops i'm afraid. The pool is very small with only about 20 sunbeds but I found most people used the hotels private beach so it was never a problem finding a bed even after 10 o'clock. The breakfast wasn't much to write home about but it was OK, don't go HB because you are right in the centre of all the restaurants and bars. The staff, as allways in Egypt, were very friendly and helpfull at all times. If your looking for a basic clean hotel right in the centre of all the nightlife then I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's best feature is obviously it's location and it's cheap price so I would say it is more suited to younger party animals who wont mind the music till the early hours of the morning. I will definitely return to this hotel when i'm next in Sharm.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Beach
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends