“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropicana New Tiran Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
Tropicana New Tiran Hotel
Ranked #198 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I went to New Tiran Hotel in March 2010, stayed there for two weeks and had a great time. The staff was friendly and made great service all the time. I was with my boyfriend and his parents, and we all loved it. Our room was cleaned every day by the nicest and friendly young man. We lives on the first floor with a great view at the pool. This hotel is centered in Naama Bay; perfect location!

I simply can't reckognize the poor reviews here. I have travelled all over the world, includind several places in Egypt. I know egyptians have a certain way -especially around women and money :o), but at this hotel I was always as a female treated with dignity and respect. And my boyfriend was treated the same, eventhough the staff new, we weren't married.

The beakfast wasn't the best in the world, but it was ok.

It is definately not our last stay there.

Btw; we're from Copenhagen, Denmark :o)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Dittepigen1978

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
pontewest yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

was very worried before we went but glad to say everything was great. nice hotel, cleaned every day pool had a bit too much chlorine but was ok. cant book this hotel now as it has been sold to a russian company for a year....

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kasejack
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

Well where do we start?
Lets start of with my entrance - room filled with dead cockroaches!

So callled security , would'nt let my 2 friends in the hotel room for a drink before we hit the town. he looked at them and treated them as if they were 2 prostitutes! However, he would let us in if we tipped him money.

and while we are on the subject of prostitutes, the 2 immature holiday reps where only interested in getting in all the girls pants ( as most reps are ) .... and as i was a solo male traveller , they would not give me the time of day.

Breakfast (if you can even call it that) is not even edible.
it made me gag at the site of it , and i am a consumer of good food & wine.
the most you can get from Breakfast is a glass of orange juice, which also tastes pretty cheap.

Hotel staff in my room, trying to steal my cigars , phone charger etc!

Due to Ramadan - the clocks had changed and the hotel mucked up the times for our departure. i came at the time they put on the poster , only to find the posters had been changed!!! The hotel manager got really agressive with me and wouldn't let me on the transfer bus unless i gave him £50!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank seasidestar

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Stayed at Tropicana New Tiran Hotel for three nights in May. The first problem was to find the hotel. Took an overpriced taxi from the airport, the most expensive taxis in Egypt without any doubt and not willing to bargain. The taxidriver didn´t know where the hotel were and wasn´t able to find help either. Finally he found someone who knew about the hotel. Make sure to print out driving direction to the hotel.
Had seen the hotel on their website but didn´t do a reservation in advance. They wanted twice the price they had on their website so I had to leave the hotel, cross the road to an internetcafé and make the reservation on their website and then walk back to the hotel again... Anyway, now the price was good. 30€ for a singleroom with breakfast included.

The room was good, quite big. Stayed at the ground floor with a little terrace outside the room overlooking a nice poolarea. Breakfast was decent.
The location of the hotel is perfect. 50 meters walk from the beach and right next to shops, bars and restaurants but still very quiet.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

They should tear the place down!!! .... The rooms are terrible ... my friend and I had to switch to 4 rooms and none of them was clean..Mosquitoes, Flies, and Cockroaches...We had to switch hotels 5 o'clock n the morning...!! .. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone..

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

My boyfrind and I went to Sharm el Sheikh in January, when southern Egypt had the most rain in 13 years. Almost all of New Tiran was under water, so we were moved to another hotel for the first 3 nights. Since this was nobodys fault, we didn't complain, and we were treated well by all the staff at both hotels. After 3 nights we asked if we could move back to New Tiran, which we could, and got ourselves a nice, clean and comfortable room. They did everything they could to help us all the time, and the last 4 nights were very fine.
This is a nice, cheap hotel, with perfect location and friendly staff.

TO ALL OF YOU COMPLAINERS: Stop whining, 'cause you get what you pay for!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MariFax
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed at the New Tiran Hotel in August with a friend of mine on a girly holiday. The hotel is situatied DIRECTLY in the centre of Naama Bay which is great as we didn't have to catch a taxi anywhere, all the main shops, markets, excursion organisers, the beach, casinos, bars, restaurants were all within minutes of the hotel's entrance.

I was very pleased with the room we were given which was spacious, with a large balcony overlooking the pool (the same as all the other balconies). The shower was modern fitted and they had a nice big mirror with good lighting to do our make-up and hair in during the evening!!!....

Our room was cleaned every day and fresh towels etc. We stayed here on a Bed & Breakfast basis which was served between 7-10am. The breakfast was fine for a quick munch and a cup of tea in the morning but nothing amazing. There was a selection of cheeses, salads (weird for breakfast but hey) fruits: melons, oranges, grapefuits etc, eggs: boiled, omelettes made to order by the chef, croissants, mini bread rolls, orange juice, etc etc etc..... like I said nothing amazing but edible and fresh.

Now, in Egypt in August is absolutely BOILING hot, somewhere around 40 degrees, and our air conditioning machine didn't work, it made loads and loads of noise but didn't do a great job of, cooling the room down. We did complain to the reception and they immediately sent an 'engineer' to come and fix it with some rusty looking spanners, but to be honest, it didn't work the whole time we were there - it made so much noise we even switched it off one night - only to wake up in piles of sweat as it was so hot! LOL.....We could have complained and maybe we should have but we were having such a good time we didn't really care about the air-con!

They had a computer in reception to use the internet, small pool area with beds always available although the pool seemed to have WAY too much chlorine in it as every time i went in there, my hands and feet wrinkled up - like NOTHING i've ever seen before (it was not normal!!!!!!).... also made my skin sore.... but apart from that, was quiet.

The beach is literally less than 3 minutes from the hotel and was packed with people, not particularly relaxing and was supposed to be for hotel guests only but it seemed to be full of other tourists too which I didn't quite understand.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly - a bit TOO friendly at times, and think that all women on holiday want to flirt and be touched when they think no one is looking (when handing you the free beach towels) but to be honest, it's nothing you can't handle.

On the whole I would choose this hotel purely for its location, you WILL have a good time staying at this hotel as it is so central, and NO, you CANNOT hear any of the noise from the clubs once you are in the hotel complex, maybe older generations may not like it here, but that's Naama Bay for you.

I wouldn't stay here again SIMPLY because I know Sharm better now and I would like a more relaxing hotel with more to do (ie: tennis courts, gym, different pools etc)... but honestly, I had a fantastic holiday and would recommend it for groups of friends, young couples and new comers to Sharm El Sheikh

Also, the Hotel Management were fantastic...

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends