Just returned from a 10 day Christmas and New Year break, booked through You travel 3 weeks before.
We had a great time, but everything that every one else has put is about right.
The snorkeling is amazing, the staff are friendly and funny, good location to Soho square and we had fab weather. The views are great from the 5 and 6th floor.
I think it is the cheapest all inclusive in Sharks bay. Great if your not a big drinker or a foodie.
The drinks are grudgingly served in tiny plastic glasses half filled or warm. The spirits are awful, no cocktail menu and the juices are powdered. The water is filtered, available in water dispensers and tasted like plastic !
The food is luke warm and you have to que/fight your way past the other guests to get anything !
Everyone is out to make money, sales people all day every day for trips, diving, the spa, taking photos, in the hotel shops. (tip dont say come back tomorrow as they will find you !)
Loud techno music was blasted out every day and they played the same CV every night in the bar.
There is smoking every where (which I found quite hard having given up last year, and woud not have liked if I had kids)
Its worth pointing out that there was more managment around at the end of our holiday and things did seem a little better, (food was hot, more staff around) so I am not sure if they were working to New Year New start !
We heard that the hotel had been sold and was on a lease so no money was being invested to make improvements.
Also make sure you are clear about what you are buying or ordering as we got caught out a few times (2 for the price of 3 on wine was actually 2 good bottles and one you could use to clean the toilet with)
We booked a 2 hour quad trip with a dinner and oriental show at a Bedoin for £35 each, which turned out to be 2 hours in total and was not worth the money at all.
If you have a bit of flex in your budget and arent booking last minute I would try the Baron Palms or the Hilton as these are both much nicer and not to expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Siva Sharm Resort & Spa has built a great reputation for friendly, professional service, excellent dining, and stylish surroundings. The hotel offers fantastic views across the Straits of Tiran, a stunning poolscape complete with a decadent swim-up bar, and its very own private beach with coral sand terraces and easy access for snorkelling on the Far Garden reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Siva Sharm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savita Resort And Spa
- Savita Resort All Inclusive
- Savita Hotel Sharm El Sheikh