Bay View Hotel
US$515
FourSeasons.com
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Iberotel Palace(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$134
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Il Mercato Hotel & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$93
Great 4.5/5
Falcon Hills Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$12
Very Good 4/5
US$149
US$54
US$69
US$64
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2010

this hotel is average in every single way. unfortunately we'd paid for all inclusive, which the hotel doesnt cater for. we never saw breakfast, so cant comment on it, but the breakfast box they gave us for cairo was grim to say the least. everything was stale and inedible, but the juice was nice. lunch was bearable for a few days, the evening meals were identical so we ended up eating out every night because we were so bored of the food - something we hadnt budgeted for. if you want a drink or snack outside of meal times, you have to pay for it and the pitiful glass of beer we got in the bar till 10pm was warm and flat.
the other problem we had with this hotel is that they kept moving us. our 2nd night there, our bathroom roof started pouring water so they moved us - fair enough, but they tried to put us in the worst room in the place. it was tiny, smelt really bad and the window opened into the shop, literally. we refused to stay there so they moved us again, this time into a room almost identical to the 1st room. however, 3 days later they rang us and told us we had to move again. they gave us no good reason, just that we had to move. once again, the room was awful. the windows didnt lock and bed was broken. again we refused to stay there and finally we got a room that was decent enough. im not usually fussy where i sleep, but some of these rooms were worse than backpacker hostels ive stayed in.
however, the staff in the dining room were lovely and the cleaner always left little flowers and arranged the towels into swans for us.
the hotel is basic, but its a great base for your holiday, if all you need is a room. however the food is terrible and do not go all inclusive here.
this hotel almost ruined our holiday and i definitely wouldnt go back here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emsOhara
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This hotel is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, in all my life there room was cockroach infested, staff refused to move us as they had over booked, the shower worked when it wanted too, the staff were rude to say the least, the food was VERY limited, if you want to live off rice and potatoe's for your stay then this is the place for you the breakfast was the same everyday consisting of a choice of omlette, boiled egg or toast, served with cold coffee or tea, lunch was rice, potatoes with either chicken or beef and a vegi option of egg plant or pasta, this was the same every day and lunch food was then served again for tea the snack bar round the pool was not included in the all inclusive as stated by our holiday company, the pool area was clean but there was workmen working above the pool area that were looking at you all the time so you could not relax, this hotel has ruined my experiance of Egypt, we went last year to another hotel thinking this would be the same but we were VERY mistaken, i would never return to Egypt again, as this hotel catered mainly for German and Russian guests and was the worst hoilday and can say i have ever been on.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LFC4EVA01
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I have just got back this morning from Naama Bay. So thought i would leave a review whilst its still fresh in my mind!

I was looking at alot of hotels when I booked the holiday (2 weeks) and came across this one being a lot cheaper then the rest. Having read a few reviews of people having bad experiences i was getting a little put off. But I still booked it as the price was to good to miss.

How people can write bad reviews i dont know. The hotel is VERY clean. Friendly staff, rooms are cleaned with new bed covers/towels everyday. I spoke to the hotel manager too who was very friendly and had time to talk too.

The location is as good as it gets really, about 5 minutes to the beach (VIVA Beach) 2 minutes from the main nightlife. But at night its really quiet so all is good for a nights sleep too.

I stayed Bed and Breakfast, So didnt try the Main meals menu, however the snack menu around the pool was good. Well priced too.

I wont be going back in the near future as other holidays are planned, but will be returning at some point and can see no reason why i wouldnt choose Bay View Hotel again.

All ill say is the people who leave bad reviews must expect Waaay to much for there money.

Carl. (Mansfield)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlwiddo
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I went to stay in this hotel last year with my partner.It took us literally 7-8 minutes to reach the hotel from airport which was good and taxi was not too expensive either. checked in quite quickly and and also had a good laugh with the receptionist and he became our friend and guided us all through .rooms were very basic but spotless and bathroom was fairly good sized too.Had a little problem with the shower head but it was fixed .Instantly we wanted to go to naama bay which was the main attraction for us and because of its location it was skip and hop only!had great time in camel bar and shisha bar. next morning we had breakfast which was a buffet and was happy with that. we used free wi fii available at the reception area and they offered us free safety deposit box(probably coz I became good friends with the staff).all in all great location,clean rooms ,decent food and the perfect value for money!!would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nidhivaid
Reviewed 1 June 2010

A lovely hotel basic but nice, the staff are so friendly and are always happy to help. The hotel has a bar called 1st floor next to it and they have karoake there every night, this was so handy and attracted a really good crowd. If you're looking for a hotel that has a good location on a budget I would recommend this, I had a great time. Mohammed on the reception was always smiling and was very helpful. Mr Fadi the manager was a nice guy too, even brought me a drink!! I would definately return again, I met alot of repeat guests there...always a good sign!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business