See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Just came back from a week diving with Emperor Divers. The Bayview Hotel is a real disaster. Dirty dining room (food spills are just wiped of the table and collect on the floor against the wall), almost every time no table was completely (i mean a drinking glass, napkin, fork, spoon or knife, you had to gather it yourself from other tables. The variety in the food is little, so you eat almost always the same. Unfriendly staff, especially at the reception where you get false information or not information at all, no fridge in the room, the bedroom was 3 x 3 meters, and felt as a prison cell, with a window from where i could only see the inner courtyard and the stuff for the cleaning staff ... Part of the ceiling in the bathroom was hanging down and electrical wires could be seen running, without proper insulation....
At night a lot of shouting and noise, even the night staff just shouted through the corridors so sleeping is interrupted several times every night.
I can go on like this for a long time, but i think i have the most important mentionned here now.
I have travelled around the world so i have stayed in 10s and 10s of hotels but this is far the worst i have ever been in. I can barely call it a hotel.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BY STAYING IN THIS DUMP !

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank belgiandiver
Reviewed 5 August 2010

If, like us, you're diving with Emperor, then b&b at the Bayview is the perfect option. For our purposes, the room was clean, the beds comfy and the breakfast was just right. On our day off we snorkelled at Wind Beach and the Lionfish and Stonefish under the jetty were amazing.
That said, if I were looking for a family holiday or an AI break, then it would have been a disappointment...so maybe if that's what you're after this isn't the hotel for you.
Staff were lovely and special thanks to Sayed in the roofbar, which is a lovely spot to chill out in the evening and watch the sunset over the mountains, for his cheerful, friendly service. .

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Where do I start this hotel was not the only one on my list when I phoned the agent I specified I would like to be on the beach I was assured ths was the best choice, I was also told they had two swimming pools and that all rooms had a fridge this was all wrong !!! I was told they had specified a bay view from the room, well none of the rooms had a bay view also half of the pool was closed to the diving school. The apparent all inclusive did not start till ten (am) and finished at 10pm all other hotels provided this till midnight and served food throughout the day not here !!!
I spent more money eating out as the food was not great !! At the end of the supposedly cheap holiday I could have stayed in a five star resort !!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank clarebbear
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We booked this hotel a week before we went all inclusive. The breakfast was nice basic but i couldnt go for a coffee without my partner as the staff made me feel uncomfortable whispering and laughing speaking there language whistling at me, made my skin crawl. Sometimes they wasnt bothered and did it whilst with my partner, so i had to stay with him at all times. The dinner was bread, soup that looked like dirty dish water, salad which i didnt trust to eat. There was pasta that looked dried out, beef in a sauce looked like dog meat, and rice which is all i ate was same next day. Tea time was bread, salad, pasta, rice, fish and chicken wings that was skin and bone no meat, the desert had flys walking on it, now we all know what flys walk on! so we had to eat out after the second night which was mcdonalds, kfc, pizza hut, tji fridays its just like home really but more expensive and sunny. we did eat in tarven bar and mexican they was nice. We couldnt shop as we got pestered constantly. We got our free bar at 10am at the pool till 5pm then we had to move from the pool to the upstairs bar till 10pm after 10 we had to pay which was £3 a pint in english so make sure you take what you would spend at home on the beer, we spent well over double our budget. The best part of our holiday was our clean room fresh towels and bedding every day and the tv. The pool was lovely and big Snorkel on the wind beach was lovely free aswell. The trip we took to see the pyramids was out of this world best day we had all week. We would never come back if your not bothered about the history here just go to benidorm its just the same but less traveling.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophiebrookes
Reviewed 13 July 2010

this hotel is average in every single way. unfortunately we'd paid for all inclusive, which the hotel doesnt cater for. we never saw breakfast, so cant comment on it, but the breakfast box they gave us for cairo was grim to say the least. everything was stale and inedible, but the juice was nice. lunch was bearable for a few days, the evening meals were identical so we ended up eating out every night because we were so bored of the food - something we hadnt budgeted for. if you want a drink or snack outside of meal times, you have to pay for it and the pitiful glass of beer we got in the bar till 10pm was warm and flat.
the other problem we had with this hotel is that they kept moving us. our 2nd night there, our bathroom roof started pouring water so they moved us - fair enough, but they tried to put us in the worst room in the place. it was tiny, smelt really bad and the window opened into the shop, literally. we refused to stay there so they moved us again, this time into a room almost identical to the 1st room. however, 3 days later they rang us and told us we had to move again. they gave us no good reason, just that we had to move. once again, the room was awful. the windows didnt lock and bed was broken. again we refused to stay there and finally we got a room that was decent enough. im not usually fussy where i sleep, but some of these rooms were worse than backpacker hostels ive stayed in.
however, the staff in the dining room were lovely and the cleaner always left little flowers and arranged the towels into swans for us.
the hotel is basic, but its a great base for your holiday, if all you need is a room. however the food is terrible and do not go all inclusive here.
this hotel almost ruined our holiday and i definitely wouldnt go back here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple