“Nice hotel, but wouldnt go back”

The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #65 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Nice hotel, but wouldnt go back”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for a week " all inclusive" the hotel was nice, it had a few swimming pools, nice weather, the rooms were cleaned every day, and clean towels daily. The food was very repetetive, wasnt that nice at all. Me and my boyfriend ordered mcdonalds nearly every night " as there was a mcdonalds delivery"
The drinks they had in the " all inclusive bar" wasnt nice, they didnt even know what was " lime " We went to many shops, they didnt sell lime anywere! Free wifi in the lobby is awful! Dosnt work!!
we went on two trips...quad bikes, and dolphin show. Quad bikes was ok. Dolphin show was brilliant, we paid extra to swim with them, and had pictures with them "that was extra again" but worth it.
We went to "naama bay" one night.. all you get is hassle! Especially "blonde girls"!! I didnt feel safe there with my boyfriend! We catched the taxi back to the hotel!!
Wouldnt go back to egypt again, didnt feel safe there, food wasnt nice or the alcohol! I prefer "spain" canaries or balearic islands they know us brits better !! :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Haf J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Some people don't like to go to the same place twice but we were excited to be going back. You can't go wrong with the weather in Egypt, but you need a good hotel. The food was excellent, the room the same. Very good facilities with no shortage of entertainment. You will always find a bar or pool you like and plenty of sunbeds. The staff are friendly, even the gardeners have a smile for you. A special thanks to Dee and Linda who can't do enough for you. In the main restaurant Omar (waiter) was brilliant. The place was safe and we never felt ill at ease, the country is much more stable these days. We will certainly going back again as soon as possible. Thanks to all the staff that made our holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you don't like steps ask for a room near the service roads. If you use the balcony ( we didn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peter f
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here last year and loved it so I returned this year with my friend. The only fault I'd have is our room was a little on the dark side and our plug sockets were loose and didnt work ... To be told it was our electricals from home that were faulty when we complained :/
This year my holiday was twice as good all down to the English in the animation team!! Chris Emily and Verity are a lovely 3 to have working for you and a credit to your team Will be returning again soon and hopefully they will still be there :)

Thanks for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Alicr90Wip
Cancun
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from the Grand Hotel where we stayed as a family of three..... before I left for the hotel as I was taking my dad I asked for a room close to all amenities and I was very happy with the room that they provided my dad with.

This was our 4th visit to the hotel and all I can say is that it just gets better and better. The room was in a brilliant position, it was clean, no problems and house keeping was excellent.

Sun beds in the morning was not an issue as there was plenty for everyone so no rushing in the morning to get a bed before 8 o'clock.

The pools were all too a very hight standard and the pool boys in all areas worked hard to make sure that the standards were kept high. The pool boys also worked hard to make sure that you were always supplied with plenty of fluids through out the day as some days it was 45 degrees and getter warmer by the day!

Food was of a high standard and never a problem with what too eat, there is a number of of different restaurants to from being Fusion our favourite, but we ate in the Mexican which was lovely and food to a hight standard and we also ate at the Indian which was of a hight standard too. The buffet food was excellent and catered for all tastes...no complaints what so ever where ever we ate.

Big thank you to Yassar who looked after us from the day we arrived, never lets our drinks go warm at the bar as they were replaced as soon as needed and never had to ask for a drink as he new what we wanted....

All in all an excellent holiday, good value for money and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of going to Sharm El Sheikh.

Also a big thank you to Dee the Duty Manager as there was nothing that she would not do fo you to make sure that your stay was a memorable stay, also Lenny and Linda in customer relations...

Bring on 2015..!!!!!

Room Tip: if you have difficulties with walking Blocks 25-29 close to everything....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MichelleCancun
gm_grandsharm, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the management and the entire staff of The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, we were very pleased to have you as our guests and are happy that you enjoy your holidays with us.
We sincerely appreciate that you have done some comments regarding your stay so we will take measures to improve our services as our strategy is getting all guests satisfaction to achieve all targeted progress in hospitality.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent Hotel we were looked after like King s, and Queen,s with special thanks to Dee Sha and Linda, also all the other staff., The entertainment was sublime , loved the pool activities, loved the choice of restaurants. would like to recommend the fusion restaurant, will try to go again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting review a bout your stay with us. We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to hit our goal of satisfying every guest - every time!, Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and inspiring.

west midlands
Reviewed 29 June 2014

this hotel was booked by our friends who then persuaded us to travel with them so was not initially our choice. before we travelled we read some negative reviews and arrived apprehensive we need not have worried!
we stayed in a junior suite and our friends in a sea view standard room, their water kept going cold but ours was fine, think it was just their block. the view from our balcony was stunning!
there is a mini bar, check it on arrival as they tried to say we had water from it on last day and we hadn't we bought cans for day trips from the shops just on the left as you walk out the hotel.

the staff at the beach bar, Caribbean bar and the fusion and Mexican restaurants where a delight, on my birthday they bought a cake and played a drum and sang to me also on our friends wedding anniversary. I went to the beach party on my birthday its a must go night, African dancers and a dj until the wee small hours we had so much fun.

we travelled with red sea holidays and achmed our rep was informative and helpful we was better looked after than any Thompson/cosmos rep we have encountered. We booked a Bedouin night which included camel riding and star gazing, dancing, shisha, and the food was yum! no upset tummies either, lovely people!
we also did quad biking but I didn't enjoy this if im honest.

go outside the hotel for very cheap shops, I had to get a life jacket to snorkel as I cant swim!

the food in the buffet restaurant I dint enjoy too much, breakfast was ok but the fusion and Mexican was lovely we really enjoyed it, the pancake and waffle bar yum! my husband enjoyed the Panini bar with soft bread and steak it was delicious.

we had a amazing time, from clean rooms to attentive staff, good food, the Egyptian people where lovely, we always tipped but even if you don't they are so nice, the staff are low paid only averaging £20 per week we was told so im sure guests can afford a tip, they like the English pound the best as exchange rates are good at reception. they work so hard in such hot weather they deserve a tip!

the manager when we went was called Michael, we didn't find him over friendly to be honest but the hotel runs well so he must be doing something right.

over the main reception (on the roof) there is the animation bar, we was half way through our holiday before we found it, what a delight a rooftop open-air night club we had some good times in there, great dj plays requests!

I would defiantly return to this hotel, but other reviews have mentioned it is not for those with walking difficulties, lots of steps but it kept the pounds off me after all that lovely food.

my only gripe was being pestered by the beauty kiosk staff, really didn't want my faults pointed out while I was sunbathing, telling me how they could rectify my eyebrows etc I wanted a relaxing holiday not to go home with a complex! our friends indulged in massages and pedicures but its not our thing.
im late writing this review but have amazing memories of this hotel, its making me want to book to go back, where else can you get scorching hot sun guarenteed at such a bargain price!
I think it deserves its 5 stars! go on try it.

Room Tip: junior suite
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we succeeded in making your holiday the best one ever. Thank you so much for your detailed review. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and inspiring. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Warm regards from all of us in Sunny Sharm, The Hotel Management.
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We returned from here on 27th June had an amazing time. After reading reviews were worried about food, being poorly, mossies etc... However food was amazing we visited all the al a carte restaurants and would recommend all of them. I cannot believe this was all included in the all inclusive package. Some items you could pay for but no need to. As for the mosquito bites, I got one the whole holiday. We bought bands with DEET in which I wore on my ankle and also took a garlic tablet every day it seemed to do the trick. The hotel is beautiful the only thing I would say is in places in need of a bit of tlc as for the rooms they are basic but all you need a room for is a bed and shower. There were always people coming round asking if everything is ok. All in all I would definitely return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your holiday with us on this site, and we are pleased to read that you had a ‘Nice Holiday’ taking into account our guests valuable feedback and constructive criticism, which helps us to identify areas to prioritize our focus on. We hope to host you again in the future and do not hesitate to contact us when you will return in Sharm El Sheikh it will always be a pleasure to meet you.