Following all the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor we booked into the Royal Savoy looking for an ideal place to swim in the sea that had excellent room facilities and a la carte dining.
From the moment of our pre-arranged pick up by George at the airport to the taxi drop off we had a fabulous time. Remember to email the hotel to book this - it saves all the queuing for visas!
Our room was magnificent - a king sized 4 poster with marble bathroom and wonderful patio area leading out to a garden and then on to the private Royal pools.
The cakes left in the room each day were a real treat - it was a highlight of the afternoon to sit on the patio listening to the birds eating the treat of the day.
The Royal Lounge was a real luxury - we stayed B & B so took advantage of our private breakfast dining and a light canape lunch. The evening meals were delightful, especially at Morgana, EEST, Sea Food Island and Rosmarino (where the steak was divine and we ate there twice on our 5 night stay.)
From Morgana, EEST and Sea food Island, please keep an ear out for the Kanoon player Emad Hamdy - he was an inspiration and the magical instrument he has mastered is a true sound of Egypt.
Also try the local Egyptian bottled wine - both the Chateau Grand Marquis Red and White were superb when decanted.
The main aspect of the quality of the Royal Savoyis the friendliness of the staff - everyone that we encountered was genuinely pleased to see us and wanted to be of assistance. They went out of their way to help in any way possible and were always ready with a smile.
Please be as generous to them as they are in their effort to try and please you.
The snorkeling was out of this world - you can buy a mask and snorkel in Soho Square if you don't want to pack one, or you can hire on the beach. Not to see the brilliantly coloured fish would be a crime!
In summary a fab get away from it all winter break with warm friendly staff and fantastic facilities - we are sure to return to the Royal Savoy again for winter sun and luxurious surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Savoy is an exclusive club wing, complete with its own private lounge, terrace, pool, and beach area. Created for guests who prefer to stay in a more intimate and secluded location within the grounds of the Savoy. The Royal Savoy offers rooms of exceptional grace and comfort, all providing views over Tiran islands or the hotel's landscaped gardens. The rooms range in size from the generous standard rooms, to the famous luxury Suites. All rooms are welcoming and capacious, offering an exceptional combination of style and function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Alpha Holidays Limited, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh