“second visit & enjoyed it”

Panorama Naama Heights
Ranked #128 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 16 August 2014

THE GOOD POINTS

me & my partner stayed at this hotel last year & meet some great friends so we all returned again this year (10 of us all together). When we arrived we had a mix up of rooms which was quickly sorted by the staff. They all remembered us from last year which was lovely when you think that they had not seen us for over a year!!!! we did notice some changes such as the food was alot better then the previous yr. We had the same cleaner as before (ahmed) who done some great towel art everyday, the 2 ahmed's by the pool were fantastic & tried there best to keep the pool area clean bearing in mind they also sort towels everyday which they go back & forth to the laundry with so they never stop working. Fady & his team at the pool bar were great (i cant believe that fady always has a smile on his face bearing in mind the long hours he works) also aza at the lounge bar was brilliant always making sure we had drinks & lewis in the restaurant was just the same these guys will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable....
THE BAD POINTS
we did find most of the guest from egypt were very rude & would just sit on your towels if you were at the bar or in the pool but the pool boys would soon sort it out for you if you approached them. They would also just take your stuff so we had to be careful with our flip flops etc, 1 of our group had her towel stolen by a little boy & he just laughed in her face while she is chasing him round to get it back (his parents did nothing just sat & watched).The restaurant was much the same i had put my stuff on a table to get my food & they just sat at my table & moved my stuff to one side when i said to them it was my table as my stuff was there they just laughed in my face (but lewis soon sorted me another table) also they dont understand how to queue for there food & will just jump in front of you, but if you point to the queue some of them will move to the back (not many do) so i can understand why we were offered to eat 1/2 hr before them, which was a pain at times but bearable.We noticed a difference straight away in the animation team!!!! last year there was always something going on during the day ie yoga daily water sports dancing round the pool etc they were brilliant but this year it was total CRAP nothing was happening!!!! we approached chas about this & he explained he had only just arrived so he couldnt really say anything about it, the last few days we did notice that chas was trying to do some water sports.The only time they seemed to want to do anything was on a night time at 11.30pm & that was to go out drinking!!!!! (which is a no go when you have small children). The food as i said before was a great improvement on last yr!!!! it may be the same most nights but you wont starve!!!!
all in all a great stay at this hotel & if they sorted the lack of animation team it would def be a wonderful place to stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

We are so grateful to our lovely repeat guests for their encouraging review and for taking the time to let us know about their feed back specially the bad points.

As I mentioned several times before that since it’s the Summer vacation in Egypt all of Sharm EL Sheikh hotels are suffering from having such local groups whom properly the first time traveling to Sharm El Sheikh and staying at hotels!! the result was of course dramatic to all of us because we all as hotelier knows that British guests will never get along with those type of groups but its out of hands and we are trying our best.

I have to bring our British guests attention that things not usually looks as its seems and most of the time the locals behaviors miss interpreted by British guests due to the difference in tradation, Manners and most of all attitude that is why I do appreciate our guests understanding in this regard.

We used to get good reviews about our new animation team but of course we will take our repeat guests comments in to consideration.

We will do our best to work on the Animation team comment and we hope to have the chance to welcome our repeat guests again at our Resort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to this hotel and the staff remain which is great to see
Unfortunately I became very ill on my holiday and spent 6 days out of 11 in bed however the staff bent over backwards for me preparing me requested food and bringing it to the room
They phoned the room to ask how I was doing and constantly were asking my partner and offering anything needed
The manager is fantastic and any problem is sorted instantly
It's all about the the Ahmeds (Charlie Cheeks and Ahmed) seeing as you spend 90%of your time by the pool it's amazing to have these two guys there they really take care of you and make it so much more enjoyable I can't imagine the pool with out their cheeky smiles
Ezzat and Fady at the bars are equally as fantastic these guys make the holiday
Beautiful weather very clean and despite the reviews I've read there is a wide selection of food and if you want something why not ask if they have it they will try to accommodate your needs the best they can I heard a lot of people moaning about small things
I had four injections and countless tablets to get me back on track but I still can't fault this hotel or the staff
Unfortunately these things happen but id like to thank all of the staff and the manager for the great support and care given to me

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank kirstyk11

We thank our lovely repeat guests couple for their valued review and for their deep understanding about what is going on.

Although all the reviews are important but repeat guests reviews really shows if the hotel is going in the right track or not because normally repeat guests stay becomes spontaneously a comparison between the previous stays and the actual stay.

I am happy that our dear repeat guest was not influenced by her illness and did write a fair review about her stay and I do hope that our guests would do the same when they face certain incidents instead of blaming the hotel for the smallest incident which can happen any where and for any reason.

Again we thank our lovely repeat guests for their support and we hope to have the chance to welcome them back.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff at this hotel made our holiday, especially the two Ahmeds from the pool who we're great, Mohammed in the dining room who was fantastic, the room cleaners who cleaned our room to a high standard and reception who we're always very helpful. The taxi guys were very helpful also. This hotel is basically good but does need updating it feels tired. The pool is good, but wasn't always as clean as it should be. There were lots of Egyptians staying at the hotel which wasn't pleasant as they took over the dining room, and we English were asked to come to dinner early so we cld have our dinner in peace and make sure there was still food left for us. The BBQ every night was good, but the food was a bit repetitive.

We were upgraded to pool view rooms on arrival which was great, as some of the mountain view rooms were not good. The drinks that are served here are in small plastic cups and the variety of drinks was small. The bars stop serving drinks at 11 pm, but we eventually found out that if u want to pay for drinks u can buy them after 11pm.

The entertainment is repetitive and quite boring. There isn't a lot for the children to do. The Animation team made the best of what was available to them. Chaz who had only been on the team a short while did very well organising snooker competitions, volleyball, darts and water polo and the kids thought he was great.

The wifi in the hotel was terrible and very hit and miss.

I would recommend this hotel for service and value, but not for the actual hotel, unless it was upgraded.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Territprc

We thank the lovely guest for their encouraging review about their holiday experience and we are so happy our staff managed to leave such a good impression.

The problem of the free WIF at the lobby in general that in case of a several guests using or downloading at the same time the speed gets slower which is logical and regardless to what we do the problem remains and also during the guests stay we had the upgrade of the Cable all around Naama Bay.

Of course we have an upgrading plan but of course with the prices we are selling with we hardly can cover the operation expenses.

We are looking forward to welcome the guests once again at our Resort.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

It was my first time being in this hotel and it will be the last ....first of all i didn't see a stuff like this, their treatment is so bad (ex. In my first day i asked one of them where i can find a water !! He said in a bad way and i quote "didn't u see that i am busy" ) .
their snacks is so bad and the same for their drinks ..
the room hasn't been cleaned until we called reception several times .
I dont have one good thing in this hotel to mention it !!!
My advice to u.. dont ever think to stay in this hotel even if they offered it free for u :)
Sharm-Al Sheikh is a very good place, try to spend your vacation well .

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank George B
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Since the Summer season started and we had the local groups around we can not make neither the British guests happy nor the Egyptian guests happy !!!!!!!!!!!! strange but its true.

Of course we do apologize about the employee behavior but our young Egyptians guests who wrote the review must know that if one employee made a mistake it doesn’t mean that all of our staff are bad and its totally not fair to say that !! also they should start to learn to report things like that on the spot to take an action or to clear things up because after all its self service hotel.

The rooms are being cleaned on daily basis starting from 9:00 am till 5:00 pm and if each house keeper clean around 20 rooms our guests should know that their turn will come in the row meanwhile they should know that they have to wait for that and not to ask to clean the rooms when they like.

We appreciate every one understanding.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Me and my family just got back from a 2 week stay here, and we were slightly skeptical at first but it definitely turned out sooo much better than imagined. I'm 19 and came here on holiday with my 16 year old cousin, her mum and dad, and my mum and dad. The room we stayed at was a pool view and it's very large, everything is clean and the bed is very comfy ( we only got a pillow each but the hotel were happy to give us extra ones). The tv has mostly Arabic channels but there are about 5 that are in English, I managed to watch CSI Miami and Mission Impossible. The pool is really big and me and my cousin ended up making friends with other kids around our age, so we played a lot of pool games etc. The bar and Shisha place is literally right next to the pool so if your thirsty you can always nip over and come back in for a swim. Me, my cousin and the friends we made just hung out at the bar and Shisha place in the evening after the pool closes, so it's a really nice atmosphere. The staff are sooo nice, the cleaners sometimes do towel creations on your bed and it's really lovely to come back to it. I know that my dad and uncle enjoyed chatting with the barman Azaz as he is really friendly and kept coming back with more drinks without them asking for more.
The hotel cab driver, Ahmed, is so efficient and modernised. He gives you a little Nokia when he drops you off somewhere, and you use it to call him back when you want to be picked up. His car also has wifi, which is super handy.
The massage lady that comes around is really friendly and does a professional job, however she does become a bit pleady and tries to ask you if you want more massages every day (just keep saying no and she'll get the drift...My mum walked the other direction whenever she came close lol)

I would have given the hotel a 5, but lowered it slightly to a 4 because of the food and wifi. The food is quite repetitive and tasteless, but definitely not inedible and I don't understand why people complain so much...it's not like your paying for The Ritz in London, so just deal with it. If you get bored of the food you can order McDonald's from the reception (but there is a phone bill that you have to pay for..I think it's £2 though). You can also go out to Naama Bay for food (they have Pizza Hut, KFC, tgi Fridays, Hard Rock Cafe etc). However, the food can be really nice. Every dinner time there is a barbecue outside with kofta kebabs or chicken, and they taste pretty good.
The wifi is another problem because most of the time it doesn't work and then when you ask them to fix it they say it's a problem with your phone (it wasn't, I asked another lady there and she said she wasn't connecting either). When it does work, it's slower than an old lady at a zebra crossing. Although again, it can be a good thing to not have wifi because you are able to enjoy your holiday rather than texting friends back home. I have to slightly agree on some of the Egyptian guests that stay. I had my lilo resting near the pool while I swam, and I came back and saw an Egyptian kid grabbing it and about to lie on it in the pool. My mum saw and quickly shouted at him and said that it was ours. I also saw another Egyptian boy steal someone's towel and when the lady noticed and walked towards him, he ran away with it. She managed to get it back with the help of the pool staff. Also, the Egyptian men who stay there are kinda pervy, everytime my cousin got in the pool a random ugly Egyptian guy came up to her and asked her how old she was. She lied and said she was 12 and they still kept flirting with her lol. Just ignore them or give them a dirty look and they'll leave you alone. But it's not really a bother, there's perverts in London too haha.

The people on here writing bad reviews are just picking up stupid things to complain about, they act like they are paying for the Hilton and expect it to be like LA or something. Egypt has a totally different atmosphere and obviously there is going to be the occasionally bug , the weather is 40 degrees and sharm el sheikh is surrounded in desert! Of course there is gonna be bugs sometimes! (I didn't get any bugs in my room thankfully but I did find a spider in my room and just squished it. No big deal) . People also complained that the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. It actually isn't, and if they bothered to ask, they would find out that there is a shortcut you can take to walk to Naama Bay (resturaunt and shopping location) which takes around a 15 minute walk. There is also a large nightclub called Space right next to the hotel, and they allow anyone 16 and over :)

I enjoyed my stay and would 100% go there again if I were to visit Egypt a second time round. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room. I had the room 2259.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Cgomesss95

We thank the lovely family for their supportive review specially when we really need it in this particular time of the year in which we appreciate everyone understanding.

I really liked the nice family around and the girls are really cheerful and very energetic young girls whom made every one very happy.

Reading through the review I found that its totally fair and reflects truly the guests experience at our Resort specially our staff friendly service noticed by the guests but I have to comment about food because we are doing our best to cater for every one but since the majority of the guests at the moment are Egyptians it could be that the theme buffet were more approachable to their taste than the British guests but still we kept our BBQ and chips most of the time to satisfy the British guests.

Since we very near to Naama Bay the center of attraction in Sharm EL Sheikh our guests has the advantage to eat in any fast food restaurants near by or even order by phone which is of course considered forbidden by international standards that is why they make sure that they eat outside as they can but we do understand.

The problem of the free WIF at the lobby in general that in case of many guests using or downloading at the same time the speed gets slower which is logical and regardless to what we do the problem remains and also during the guests stay we had the upgrade of the Cables all around Naama Bay which was of a great effect to the speed.

We know that we never can satisfy our lovely British guests while the locals are around due the different in manners as well as attitudes of those particular segment of locals which most of the hotels have at the moment and I can see that they don’t have the culture of traveling or staying at hotels but of course not all the locals are like this.

I am surprised that those lovely young girls reached the bottom of the problem which makes some guests moan about their vacation while other more mature guests still don’t get what is going on !!!

Again I appreciate their efforts and the time taken to write such a detailed positive review and I wish to have the chance to welcome the lovely Family once again at our Resort.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Arrived at this hotel via a dirt road off the dual carriage way which start ringing alarm bells. Got checked in and shown to our room. The staff were very friendly but the hotel looked like it needed a good clean. We didn't pay that much for the hotel but getting there I know why. We booked a promo room for my family and me. The extra bed was like two crates put together with a mattress on top. The room was dirty. The floor was greasy like it was washed with oil. The white shower curtain was white at the top going to bottom was more yellow than white. The silicone round the tiles in the bathroom were black with mildew. When I had a shower I felt I needed another one just being in that bathroom. The main room had a very loud ac unit. Had the worst night sleep ever. The ac and the nightclub caused this. The pool was slimy when you were in it and you got stared at by the Egyptians that we're staying at the hotel. It was 90% Egyptian staying so all the meals were catered for them with the British having to go to the dinning hall 30 mins before it opened just to get food. We stayed one day here and checked out by lunchtime and found another hotel. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: At another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Chris D

Of course we are sorry that they didn’t enjoy their 24 hours stay at our hotel ! but I am just wondering since the guests didn’t like the room cleaning or condition in a certain way shouldn’t they address this to us and change the room easier rather than to change the hotel !

I have to bring our guests attention that mistakes do happen every where specially when the hotel is full and since we had those kind of local groups around I can say that its not that easy which for sure is not the guests fault but we always act to solve our problems as we can.

We open the Restaurant earlier half and hour than the normal time to give the British guests the quite atmosphere to eat before rush times and it seems that its working.

We appreciate every one understanding.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Well I have to say I am very impressed with what I have read about this hotel. It will be mine and my partners first ever holiday abroad together, after 4 years. The holiday falls just after our 4 year anniversary and we will be on holiday for my partner Joe's birthday the 04/10/14. We have booked a 10 night stay at this what appears to be beautiful hotel in Naama Bay. I am so excited as I myself have not been abroad for 10 years! I can't wait to arrive and hope the time passes as slowly as possible. I hope that we do not encounter to many problems or any at all would be nice!

I am hoping that I can arrange something special for his birthday just to top the holiday off that extra little bit.

I will write another review when we return home hoping that I will be even more ecstatic than I am now! If all goes well I think you will definitely have a regular visit from us!

Cant wait to join you all, eagerly awaiting very excited customers!

Becci & Joe :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca L
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I really liked the guests way in writing their feed back about the guests reviews its new but I can say its a good idea.

All I have to say that our guests should forgive us for any inconvenient caused by having the locals groups around and I am sure that it would have been different if they came in a different time of the year which is not that busy or hectic to every one guests and staff.

Our lovely guests shouldn’t worry about anything and we will make sure that they will spend a very pleasant vacation which they will remember all their life.

Our guests special occasions are very important to us as well because we feel proud that they decided to celebrate it with us during their vacation that is why we make sure that its something to remember.

Once the guests arrive they should contact Reception to arrange for the time and the place of the complementary birthday tart or they can E-mail me on gm@panorama-ssh.com in case of any inquires and I will be happy to assist them in any thing they want.

We are looking forward to welcome the guests at our hotel.