“return visit”

Ranked #119 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Redhill, United Kingdom
“return visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

2nd visit with friends made last year. mix up with rooms but quickly resolved and my partner with 2 children were upgraded to a fantastic suite free of charge. Staff very friendly as before but missed the lovely Mohammed massively round pool bar. Fady as always working very hard with a smile. Ezzat and Asas the same. Towel guys fabulous as always and I totally disagree with review its for "back handers" these workers work hard and long hours for little money so to "tip" makes it all worthwhile..nothing underhand about it, just the way it is..doesn't mean it isnt all inclusive at all as someone on a review shallowly saw it. it certainly isnt expected at all! Food was loads better this time round. was a very busy period which last year it wasnt which did result in the outside areas not being as clean as last year but towel guys constantly dealing with towels mainly as egyptians seemed to come out later in the afternoon so was constant through the day. I guess they can only do so much in their hours. I did ask after a few days for the floor around our beds to be cleaned and ahmed done it immediately upon request so fair play. Both ahmeds fantastic characters and certainly make your holiday. animation team were brilliant last year but this year during the day totally non exsistant until last couple of days where they did aqua arobics as I spoke to their boss and told him our thoughts compared to last year so a little effort was made but certainly nothing like the timetable in foyer which was being followed last year. I don't involved in the stuff but like to watch the activities as it breaks up the day and can be commical and it was certainly missing..other than water polo which was going on most days. The egyptian guests are certainly an interesting lot to say the least, either very nice or the total opposite! towel art was amazing and rooms cleaned every day. Nice 2nd time here. the things different were petty to be complaining about...you get what you pay for. :)

Room Tip: any pool view
6 Thank macca1dog
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are so grateful for our lovely repeat guests for taking the time to write such a detailed positive review about their vacation.

As repeat guests they know very well our standard of service and they know that each one of our staff is doing his best to satisfy our guests, I agree that our cleaning standard might have been effected by those local groups due to their strange behaviors and attitude whichfor sure doesn’t go along with the European guests in general but there is no negligence from our part.

I appreciate our repeat guest support in the matter of the staff back hander and I thank them for clearing the matter up because Its properly the first time some one mentioned that matter of tips to the staff because normally the guests give tips to our staff voluntary with out any influence from any one as a way to show their appreciation to their outstanding efforts but in the same time if they don’t want to give any tips its up to them and in the matter of fact most of our guests don’t have this culture of giving tips and still they receive as equal of care.

I do apologize to our repeat guests for any inconvenience caused during their stay and I hope that they will not be influenced by those small incidents and to give us the chance to welcome them again at our Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

No matter what anyone says I had a brilliant time at this hotel! I stayed for two weeks with my boyfriend and we thoroughly in joyed it! The staff are so good and was always joking about with them! Amr at reception answered our every beck and call and made sure we was happy! The bar staff are exceptional always bringing drinks over when we don't even ask like ezzat and Azaz! The food wasn't great but I didn't mind living on chicken and rice for a week! But also ordered McDonald's, KFC and pizza hut when we wanted something different! The cleaners were soo good always made our room immaculate and always asked if we were happy and we always was! Ahmed the taxi driver is brilliant such a nice guy and very professional I can't fault him whatsoever! The animation team were great! Always let us know what was going on, always involved us in everything and anything!made our nights extra good! I cannot fault marina and chaz they are great and made our holiday not one to forget! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

5 Thank Dominiquekar
I am so happy that we still have such nice guests whom really realize the efforts of our hard working staff and their friendly service in spite of difficult circumstances they working in specially with the locals group around.

We are trying to approach every ones taste of food and I can say that we could be approaching more the locals taste at the moment because its the Summer vacation and they are the majority of our guests but in the same time we always keen to keep in mind always our dear British guests which we can not forget but in the matter of fact it is really a difficult formula.

I thank the guests a lot for their recommendation and support hopefully we could have the chance to welcome them once again at our Resort.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We visited this hotel from 2nd Aug - 10th Aug 2014. The hotel looks good, however, the rooms do need a lick of paint, they are a little dated, our rooms were 1231 and 1235. Staff were brilliant, especially the towel man, this man is a legend, if you've visited this hotel you should know why. However room 1235 was horrid, the AC was spitting water, although there were attempts for this issue to be resolved, it was to no avail.

The pool is cleaned regularly and chlorinated during the night, the aqua park is next to the pool, however my only issue with it was, it needs to be tiled, as it seems to just be gravel which is uncomfortable on the feet when going into and out of the pool.

Food is good, although we did order in KFC almost every day. It was repetitive but they did try to change it up a little.

The animation team, in particular Maryna and Angelina were legends.
Where do I start; Maryna is amazing, she is extremely polite, well spoken, very hard working, professional and welcoming. Whenever you feel down, her smile can raise your mood. She is brilliant with children (even though we didn't have any, you could see her skill during the animation events in the evening). Finally, she holds a conversation really well and provides calmness and positive during difficult time.

Angelina is very positive, caring and knows how to have a good night out. She has good knowledge on the daily activities and ensures guests are engaged and involved with the tasks.

I would ensure we (the lads and I) revisit this hotel thanks to the hospitality provided by the staff and the two girls who are apart of the animation team.

with love,

The 6 lads.

Room Tip: Wifi only available from the lobby.
2 Thank Ibrar M
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We thank our lovely guests for their positive feed back about their vacation and we appreciate their understanding concerning certain issues related to their stay.

The A/C problems is the biggest issue in any hotel in Sharm El Sheikh specially when the temperature goes over 45 C during the day which can easily effect the A/C and some times it can stop because of overload problem but we try with our Maintenance A/C Tech. to fix any reported issues.

Our rooms are subject to regular Maintenance operations but due to the actual circumstances and the low prices we are selling with we have to follow certain budget schedule.

Again we thank Mr. Ibrar and his friends for everything and we do hope to welcome them back at our hotel.
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Firstly I say a very disappointing all inclusive holiday as I have stayed in many all inclusive hotels around the world, and this was my sisters first all inclusive , so was very saddened by the end result. This all inclusive establishment is not 4 star and I would only rank it as a 2 star plus!

When we arrived we were pleased with the position of our room and could not have asked for a better view of the pool. However there were 4 in our party and we only had 3 single beds. To be fair the reception staff tried to rectify this immediately ,and we were offered a much bigger room, which was great, but it was at the back of the hotel that led to a lane/dirt track, and smelt of drains !!! So for the first night we shared a bed in the original room, until they could look at the room bookings the next day. Unfortunately nothing was sorted that was acceptable and save wasting time waiting I had to suggest they fit a 4th single bed in the room. However we had no room around the beds and had to climb on them,which was not adequate for me as I was recovering from a full hip replacement. What Made up for the room was how clean and tidy it was kept by the cleaner, and the novelties made out of towels made a little difference

We booked this holiday having read very mixed reviews but due to the fact that it was very family orientated. I am of the opinion that it is only 'family orientated' due to the number of families that are on the resort and they have a small aqua park, which our children were not impressed by and only used once during our 12 night stay! Very few children used the aqua pool , which also had time restrictions attached. Also the animation staff which I can only describe as lazy and did not make any effort to engage with the visitors or children. I also think it highly inappropriate that the animation team come back after a night out drunk and not only making lots of noise but they are visible to visitors!

The food, which I appreciate in all inclusive establishments can be repetitive, but the food presentation was poor and not clearly labelled. I appreciate that it was the end of Ramadan but the hotel should cater for all visitors! My family are not fussy about food and we eat a variety of foods coming from a multicultural background, but the variety of food was poor, and certainly did not cater for children. Also there was some very concerning behaviors during Meal times by visitors which was disturbing and not managed by staff. The hygiene was a concern.... Serving utensils were not being used and fingers were, which spreads infections. Again staff did not insist on using utensils or supervise this behavior! Also the cutlery was not clean, with the coffee and tea cups stained , and more often than not there was a shortage of cutlery ! Tables were left dirty for long periods of time which meant you had to initially sit on a dirty table

I have never been to a country/ hotel that lacked fruit in the restaurant at anytime of the day. There was a lack of fruit, which I addressed with the chef....who responded by saying "does English people eat fruit?" We were lucky to get Mellon, and throughout our holiday went to the supermarket to purchase fruit. The chef did make us personally what he called a fruit cocktail. This consisted of chopped apple and honey dew Mellon in a small bowl......sorry it was poor but I thank the chef for his efforts!

The last night of our holiday the hygiene of the restaurant became more apparent. As I was looking out on my balcony I noticed that the patio area of the restaurant balcony where the barbecue was being cooked every night was being cleaned with the pool water. Staff were collecting water in buckets from the pool! This is unacceptable and could have contributed to the amount of sickness throughout the visitors during our stay. I must stress including me , all members of my party were also sick during their stay, and so were a large number of visitors sick too.

Most of the staff, especially in the restaurant, reception and cleaners were polite, friendly and accommodating. They worked hard to please all visitors and took time out for us. However as I have commented above the animation team were not great, and the pool staff were at times rude and lazy. There was a lot of back handing going on (money) in exchange for a service which again us unacceptable in an all inclusive resort. For instance you would watch the towel/pool staff putting out towels early in the morning for groups of visitors who had paid them, even though they did not use their beds until later. Also the bar staff were given back handlers to secure a constant flow of drinks, others had to wait long periods of time, and children most of the time were not even noticed by the bar staff! Many times I had to intervene and point out to the bar staff that a child had been waiting for some time and it also put pressure on parents who had children as we had to get their drinks as they were being ignored!!!!

The hotel provided a free shuttle to the beach which was a great service, but the beach was exhausting with people pestering you to buy drinks etc........you never felt that you could relax and constantly being hassled to buy something! We spent a total of £15 a day for a period of 11 days to use another beach in the mornings to relax and to avoid any further sickness/contamination from hotel.

The pool and area surrounding the pool was not maintained to a high standard. There were broken grills around the pool that caused a cut on daughter foot. One afternoon we had returned from the beach in the afternoon and around the pool area there was a trial of human 'poo' , which I was told was there for sometime before it was eventually cleaned up. The cleaning of the pool area was not completed in the evening thoroughly and the staff were going around cleaning up the next morning......not good when you want to look forward to relaxing in a clean environment by the pool at the start of the day. Smoking was aloud on the edge of the pool and dirty ash trays were left there, as well as dirty cups!

The local beverages included were not great and very limited, most of the time they were warm due to shortage of ice or drinks machine failing!!

What made the holiday was the great weather, and we found an enjoyable beach to attend. Also the excursions we went on. However a total waste of an all inclusive package, which talking to most of the visitors shared my views.

We did raise these points during our stay and whilst they were taken on board little was done in the time we stayed, and what was not acceptable was the response "we are very busy at the moment".. All resorts over the world especially this time of the year are very busy!

I would like to thank the staff who cared and tried to do their upmost to make our holiday less painful......they were great but unfortunately had little control over anything else. Also the hotel accommodated me in keeping my room until transfer arrived 30 mins before due to risk of me sharing communal shower room ....I thank them for this.

Also last note.... Ramadan is no excuse.....we all expect what we pay for !

Room Tip: I would advise the pool view but not too close to restaurant due to barbecue !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tina T
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
We are so sad that we couldn’t meet the guest expectations and we do apologize for any inconvenience.

Although our room size is relatively big but we are experiencing problems with certain travel agents with this particular room configuration when they book the room for three persons + 1 CHD because then the room becomes very small for them specially if they asked for a fourth bed which is exactly the case with those guests but they shouldn’t blame the hotel for that, with all of our respect the bigger room offered is actually a Mountain view Family room which normally sold with $ 30 per night and we were welling to give it for free to please the guests but they refused.

The animation part is day and night as they escort our guests also to night clubs specially young guests and its as important as taking care of other guests with children during day time but for sure they always follow strict regulations concerning their attitude all the day long and I am sure that properly this incident happened very late when they were returning back from the clubs and of course they didn’t expect to be watched by other guests at 2:00 am or 3:00 am while all the guests are sleeping.

As usual the same issues with the locals around !! the problem that since it’s the Summer vacation all the hotels have a majority of local guests around and their attitude and manners are normally different than European which created this continues problem and effected our Hygiene standards and I am sure that if our staff noticed those incident they will never allow it but we did try our best and prevented a lot of incidents which the guests properly will not notice.

Its all about the price paid for the product and we always have one or two Fruit item in our buffet but we can not do more than that because its considered extra cost which we can not afford specially with the price paid for the product and our guests should know that before moaning and even though our head chef tried to help by giving the lady a fruit platter which he should not and finally it becomes his mistake and get the blame for that!!! come on.

Our records doesn’t show any reports of guests being sick or even this lovely family !! just for the record the hotel was full with more than 487 guests from different nationalities including myself and the management with out any similar complaints and if there were any incidents like the guests mentioned which we don’t know about its not necessary to be the hotel mistake.

I definitely know that being busy is not an accuse but when you are being busy with those kind of local groups which is not the guests fault is really something else and believe me I have more than 24 years experience in this industry and I know what I am speaking about and even if we have double the staff we had it will never work.

Its really sad that all what we did to make the guests happy which if we value it into money it will properly be more than what she paid for the whole holiday and still we get the blame for everything !!!
and I wonder why they stayed from the first place if they were not happy rather than to stay and moan about it.
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

THE GOOD POINTS

me & my partner stayed at this hotel last year & meet some great friends so we all returned again this year (10 of us all together). When we arrived we had a mix up of rooms which was quickly sorted by the staff. They all remembered us from last year which was lovely when you think that they had not seen us for over a year!!!! we did notice some changes such as the food was alot better then the previous yr. We had the same cleaner as before (ahmed) who done some great towel art everyday, the 2 ahmed's by the pool were fantastic & tried there best to keep the pool area clean bearing in mind they also sort towels everyday which they go back & forth to the laundry with so they never stop working. Fady & his team at the pool bar were great (i cant believe that fady always has a smile on his face bearing in mind the long hours he works) also aza at the lounge bar was brilliant always making sure we had drinks & lewis in the restaurant was just the same these guys will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable....
THE BAD POINTS
we did find most of the guest from egypt were very rude & would just sit on your towels if you were at the bar or in the pool but the pool boys would soon sort it out for you if you approached them. They would also just take your stuff so we had to be careful with our flip flops etc, 1 of our group had her towel stolen by a little boy & he just laughed in her face while she is chasing him round to get it back (his parents did nothing just sat & watched).The restaurant was much the same i had put my stuff on a table to get my food & they just sat at my table & moved my stuff to one side when i said to them it was my table as my stuff was there they just laughed in my face (but lewis soon sorted me another table) also they dont understand how to queue for there food & will just jump in front of you, but if you point to the queue some of them will move to the back (not many do) so i can understand why we were offered to eat 1/2 hr before them, which was a pain at times but bearable.We noticed a difference straight away in the animation team!!!! last year there was always something going on during the day ie yoga daily water sports dancing round the pool etc they were brilliant but this year it was total CRAP nothing was happening!!!! we approached chas about this & he explained he had only just arrived so he couldnt really say anything about it, the last few days we did notice that chas was trying to do some water sports.The only time they seemed to want to do anything was on a night time at 11.30pm & that was to go out drinking!!!!! (which is a no go when you have small children). The food as i said before was a great improvement on last yr!!!! it may be the same most nights but you wont starve!!!!
all in all a great stay at this hotel & if they sorted the lack of animation team it would def be a wonderful place to stay

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
We are so grateful to our lovely repeat guests for their encouraging review and for taking the time to let us know about their feed back specially the bad points.

As I mentioned several times before that since it’s the Summer vacation in Egypt all of Sharm EL Sheikh hotels are suffering from having such local groups whom properly the first time traveling to Sharm El Sheikh and staying at hotels!! the result was of course dramatic to all of us because we all as hotelier knows that British guests will never get along with those type of groups but its out of hands and we are trying our best.

I have to bring our British guests attention that things not usually looks as its seems and most of the time the locals behaviors miss interpreted by British guests due to the difference in tradation, Manners and most of all attitude that is why I do appreciate our guests understanding in this regard.

We used to get good reviews about our new animation team but of course we will take our repeat guests comments in to consideration.

We will do our best to work on the Animation team comment and we hope to have the chance to welcome our repeat guests again at our Resort.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to this hotel and the staff remain which is great to see
Unfortunately I became very ill on my holiday and spent 6 days out of 11 in bed however the staff bent over backwards for me preparing me requested food and bringing it to the room
They phoned the room to ask how I was doing and constantly were asking my partner and offering anything needed
The manager is fantastic and any problem is sorted instantly
It's all about the the Ahmeds (Charlie Cheeks and Ahmed) seeing as you spend 90%of your time by the pool it's amazing to have these two guys there they really take care of you and make it so much more enjoyable I can't imagine the pool with out their cheeky smiles
Ezzat and Fady at the bars are equally as fantastic these guys make the holiday
Beautiful weather very clean and despite the reviews I've read there is a wide selection of food and if you want something why not ask if they have it they will try to accommodate your needs the best they can I heard a lot of people moaning about small things
I had four injections and countless tablets to get me back on track but I still can't fault this hotel or the staff
Unfortunately these things happen but id like to thank all of the staff and the manager for the great support and care given to me

3 Thank kirstyk11
We thank our lovely repeat guests couple for their valued review and for their deep understanding about what is going on.

Although all the reviews are important but repeat guests reviews really shows if the hotel is going in the right track or not because normally repeat guests stay becomes spontaneously a comparison between the previous stays and the actual stay.

I am happy that our dear repeat guest was not influenced by her illness and did write a fair review about her stay and I do hope that our guests would do the same when they face certain incidents instead of blaming the hotel for the smallest incident which can happen any where and for any reason.

Again we thank our lovely repeat guests for their support and we hope to have the chance to welcome them back.
Margate
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff at this hotel made our holiday, especially the two Ahmeds from the pool who we're great, Mohammed in the dining room who was fantastic, the room cleaners who cleaned our room to a high standard and reception who we're always very helpful. The taxi guys were very helpful also. This hotel is basically good but does need updating it feels tired. The pool is good, but wasn't always as clean as it should be. There were lots of Egyptians staying at the hotel which wasn't pleasant as they took over the dining room, and we English were asked to come to dinner early so we cld have our dinner in peace and make sure there was still food left for us. The BBQ every night was good, but the food was a bit repetitive.

We were upgraded to pool view rooms on arrival which was great, as some of the mountain view rooms were not good. The drinks that are served here are in small plastic cups and the variety of drinks was small. The bars stop serving drinks at 11 pm, but we eventually found out that if u want to pay for drinks u can buy them after 11pm.

The entertainment is repetitive and quite boring. There isn't a lot for the children to do. The Animation team made the best of what was available to them. Chaz who had only been on the team a short while did very well organising snooker competitions, volleyball, darts and water polo and the kids thought he was great.

The wifi in the hotel was terrible and very hit and miss.

I would recommend this hotel for service and value, but not for the actual hotel, unless it was upgraded.

3 Thank Territprc
We thank the lovely guest for their encouraging review about their holiday experience and we are so happy our staff managed to leave such a good impression.

The problem of the free WIF at the lobby in general that in case of a several guests using or downloading at the same time the speed gets slower which is logical and regardless to what we do the problem remains and also during the guests stay we had the upgrade of the Cable all around Naama Bay.

Of course we have an upgrading plan but of course with the prices we are selling with we hardly can cover the operation expenses.

We are looking forward to welcome the guests once again at our Resort.