“Not as good as last time but still good value for money”

and 1 more site!
Continental Plaza Beach Resort
Ranked #170 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Not as good as last time but still good value for money”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

After fabulous stay and excellent holiday experience at Continental Plaza in January 2011, we decided to book this particular hotel again. We stayed there for a week (March 27th -April 3rd) the hotel and grounds are, as they were in Jan 2011, clean and well maintained with beautiful flowers everywhere. View from our room's balcony (room number 2221) was really magnificent and room itself was really comfy. There was a mini bar with selection of soft drinks and water. Top marks for our room cleaner: room was spotlessly clean every day and our towels made into lovely animals-like shapes :) Just like during our previous stay all hotel staff exceptionally polite and helpful, we really appreciate all their efforts. Apparently in March main swimming pool is no longer heated and water really is ice cold however we found that shallow water of relaxing pool was just right. We have spent most of the time on hotel's beach. Red Sea was warm enough for both of us to enjoy swimming. Make sure you have mask (or even goggles) and aqua shoes as reefs right in the front on the beach are simply amazing. If you like sunbeds in front row the closest to sea make sure you come very early. When it comes to food I have to admit that it was not as good as before but far from what some reviewers are making it to be unless one expects pork chops, steaks, burgers, chips, pizzas etc. Breakfast food was slightly monotonous but apart from that just typical All Inclusive food and there was always something to choose from, I seriously can't complain about food. Snacks were served during the day in beach bars, if you feel peckish, I would suggest going to less busy beach bar shared with Continental Garden Reef. Drinks: avoid vodka, gin and wines as they have really nasty taste. Few other things: internet costs 5 USD for half an hour, there is lovely shisha bar just outside of the hotel (15 LE) and few shops. If you wish to venture outside the complex, hotel is 10 min away from Naama Bay so take taxi or hotel shuttle bus. And last but not least: Russians...hotel was full of them but we didn't let that spoil our holiday. During our stay there were only 2 other UK families and two Polish couples. I have seen various comments and while I agree with some of them I don't think hotel should be in any way blamed for having guest with annoying manners and behaviour. Personally what we found very annoying is Russian's total lack of respect towards hard-working hotel staff. All in all we don't regret our decision of spending a week at Continental Plaza.

Room Tip: TIPS: mosquito spray comes very handy especially during winter and spring. 1USD bills are very handy...
4 Thank Hans_Kloss_UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
farnham
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Pictures and upselling descriptions of the hotel were not a match to the experience that we had at our stay at the continental plaza beach resort.
If you enjoy being bombarded by russians just to get into a queue for food then this is the place for you. RUSSION CENTRAL!My friend and I were the very few english.
The Italian reps did a better job than the staff/excursion advisor. Seemed to not care about times and organisation once the money had been taken. Excursions themselves once finally arriving sometimes taking 45 minute wait after they were due were very good.
By the end of week one the food became dull and repetitive and had the worst food poisoning of my life. I was referred to the hotel's doctor in which was not any where near to hygiene standards, used needles were just chucked into the corner of the room. The doctor insisted that i was de-hydrated and put me on a drip in which he missed my vein and all the medicine was just injected into my arm muscle leaving it till the end of the drip for him to realised that it had gone terribly wrong! He then asked me to visit the following day after giving me anti-diorhea tablets. He insisted that another injection was given in the top of my bum. When i finally felt better he then asked if he could take my friend out for a meal and a drink clubbing....! Chefs also followed us back to our room which we reported to the reception. Everyone on the beach seemed to be ill as well taking regular visits to the toilet so not just me that had food poisoning. The doctor kept harrassing me for insurance names and numbers so it was all about the money that he could get out the insurance. The hotel itself was ontop of a hill so to get to the restaurant from the beach seemed to take at least a 10 minute hike up the top of the hill and steps. The air conditioning unit leaked and was really noisy. On the beach there were open drains and a bull dozer filling holes. The beach toilets were basically covered in peoples upset tummies.The night entertainment was very poor more childrens entertainment of singing and dancing nothing for adults unless you wanted to join the italians to go to Pacha night club. Before we left the reception said we had a £200 telephone bill......after argueing for a good half hour realised that she had he wrong room number. This just topped the holiday off. Seriously would not recommend this hotel.
Positives =
flowers and the snorkelling area (max the dog) that lived on the beach.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank carmela m

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Where to start!!! a truley amazing holiday made all the better by the care and attention of ALL of the staff in this hotel. They are just amazing and work so hard to make your holiday a great one. The hotel is clean with well kept gardens. The pools are amazing and very very clean. We had fresh flowers by our beds every day and want to thank Mohammed the pool guy foa all he did for us by the pool. The room was kept spotless with petals in a warm bath, and displays every day!!! thank you to the room attendant. Ash at the restaurant was amazing, making sure that everything was "OK"!!!! thanks Ash. Ahmed in the bar was amazing and the bar man (so sorry forgot name) made me my own "special cocktail" in a very special glass which was amazing. Thank you. Ahmed one of the managers was so kind and checked everything was ok. I would say this hotel and holiday is just about as perfect as you can get!!! To much and to many people to mention, but would like to say thank you to all of them!!!! THANK YOU

3 Thank ursulajaws
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Plaza beach for ten days at the begining of March. The hotel room was clean and confortable, and was cleaned every day of our stay and we then were left some amazing towels art including a peacock and an aligator. The staff were amazing and could not do enough to help you enjoy your stay. the food was adequates at the beginig but vastly improved during our stay and being able to book specialist theme Resturants enhanced out stay. I would like to mention the bar and dining staff in a as they where courteous and helpful above and beyond the call of duty. My daughter and I are already booking to return next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Theresa S
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 25 March 2012

me and my cusion have been for 5 days before four years ago augest of 2008 , our pakage was All inclusive which was a Great deal !
nice hotel and clean At all, our room was near by main building which was so far away from main pool and beach.

hotel is very larg and alot of pools all around, many restaurants are available with alot of options ( mainly its for italians ! ) there is one near by main pool and close to beach which was great, but you have to put names before one day before which was Great.

when we have been there , the hotel was fully of italians and british couples and russians
which was OKY..

animation team was one of the best i have ever seen- they were italians ( honestly they are amazing girls which made us feel happy with alot of fantastic times !!

i would recomend this hotel for couples and families

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank Raed_Ammari
Warsaw
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and myself have spent one week in Continental Plaza Hotel end of February this year. We were very satisfied. The hotel is beautiful, clean and quiet. Rooms and bathrooms were fully equipped, clean and good standard - rooms mostly with sea view. The hotel around has very big, full of flowers and well kept garden with long promenade along the beach. Swimming pools are perfectly clean- one was warmly heated and water in the see was also warm in February - what surprised me. The reef is amazing. You may watch fish from the beach or jetty (snorkeling equipment is at the place). There is also enough of sandy place in the water to swim before the reef (for those who are afraid of water as me). The beach is nice, clean and very long, so you may always find private place for you. There are many well kept beds around few swimming pools and on the beach, (beds and towels everywhere for free !). On the beach there is bar and music (not disturbing), dancing place, volley ball court, children play ground and toilets. The hotel is perfectly situated that even during windy days, the beach is protected by cliff. Restaurants are very nice - especially the main one with large terrace and beautiful view to the sea. Tables were always clean. Food was good and various (fantastic fresh dates). The staff was always very kind and helpful - (no one asked for tips). We gave them because we were very happy to do this. There are some bars and other restaurants around but we didn't eat there because for us was enough food to eat in main restaurant. There is a small shopping area at the entrance courtyard and fantastic aqua park for adults and small children (open even for one person). All this service they give for very reasonable price. Now (one month later) I come back with 6 persons of my family (4 adults and 2 children). During my previous stay, I checked some other hotels - just to compare and choose the best one. I didn't find better hotel than Continental Plaza Beach Resort.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stanislawa L
Panda in Kent
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just returned from 10 days at the Continental Plaza, I have travelled all over the World, 3rd time in Sharm El Sheikh, 1st time at this hotel, I am at a loss for words with regards to the Hotel staff (All of them) all I can say is "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU".
If you would have a problem being treated like a VIP from the moment you awake to the time you go to bed then maybe this is not the hotel for you. If you mind having beutiful towel decorations and flower petals on your bed and a buble bath sprinkled with flower petals waiting for you when you arrive back to your room from a day sunbathing or at the beach, having fresh flowers at your sunbed and drinks being bought to you while you sunbath, you may not like your dinning table set and waiting for you with flower petals at dinner and being greeted with genuine pleasure because you are there, and then your favourite drinks bought to your table after only having told them once. You may be un-nerved by the fact that the staff have the ability to know exactly what your desire is every second of the day and apply themselfs to your every whim without you even asking for it. Does this all sound to good to be true? well if I had read a review like this before going I would have said the person writting it was dillusional. Dillusional I asure you I am not and still cant believe the way we were treated here. The main difference between one hotel and another is always the staff in it, and please believe a very experienced traveller that this Hotels staff is better than any that I have stayed in anywhere, period.
The Hotel itself was beutifully clean, picturesque, with all the amenities you would expect. Beutiful pools, aquapark, fantastic beach, pontoon etc, etc, etc.
The Hotel was mostly Russian and Polish guests while we were there but this did not in any way detract from our experience, in a way it added to it.
Food: The food here is as good as anywhere that I have stayed in Sharm El Sheikh before, the important issue here is that all the food is safe.
Is there Burger and Chips every night (NO!) Is there Pizza & Chips every night (NO!) I must be honest and say I get a little frustrated at people complaining at the lack of burgers, chips & pizzas, if this is your prefered diet then maybe Egypt is not the right destination for you as this seems to be a big downside for many people.
I am trying to find something negative to give you with this Hotel but can not find anything. I would have no reservations in recomending this Hotel to anyone with a desire to be treated well.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view and got one, fantastic, just ask and if they can they will.
8 Thank Panda70