Continental Plaza Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$80
US$48
US$54
  • Pool
Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$156
US$99
US$65
US$49
  • Pool
Falcon Hills Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$12
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$28
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were staying in the hotel from 27th April to 4th May - we had a great time there!

The staff is amazing!! They did everything to make us happy, I have never seen more welcoming people - great job!!

We got a really nice seaview room, 4223 - I recommend it to everyone, it is beautiful, has a nice balcony, amazing view, and it is 2 minutes from the sea and from the restaurants and the main building.

On our last day, they offered us free late checkout to make the departure easier and we could use the facilites of the hotel and the restarurants before we left - it was a really nice surprise and made even the last day perfect!

The receptionists were really nice and helpful, Ameed - thank you for the upgrade, we loved it! Armia - thank you for being always helpful and for the late checkout!

Lets talk about the restaurants...

AMAZING!!! All of them!!! I have never seen better staff!!!

The level of hospitality is incredible - they always asked us if everything is ok, if we need anything, they care about you and they do their best to satisfy all your needs, even if you have extra requests... (I love fruits too much)

The Italian and Bbq restaurants:

Wael Fadloun is managing these restaurants, who is a truly professional, excellent manager - he always ensures that everyone is happy and the guests have everything they need, I cannot even describe how much it meant to us that we always had our dinner or lunch organised whenever we asked him! Every single moment we spent in these restaurants were perfect - thank you Wael for the great time and for the song too! :)
Shaban is the chef who always makes great dishes and really friendly - thank you for all your great meals, Shaban!

The Panorama Restaurant:

Incredible staff, great dishes, huge selection, amazing decoration... You can find everything you need there, and if you have extra requests, the staff is really happy to help and provides perfect service.

Haitham, many thanks for looking after us all the time and for the amazing fruitplates and that you were always there to assist with whatever request I had, we really appreciated your attitude and you made every meal as we wanted it - you do a great job!!

Hassam, thanks for your hospitality and assistance!

Mohammed Kamel, Abdul and Shady were always there to ensure that we have everything we need, thanks for them as well!

If you go to the beach:

In the bar you will find the 2 Mohammed who are absolutely fantastic, and serving the best cocktails and soft drinks and whatever you wish for, they are really nice and welcoming, they made our stay at the beach perfect - many thanks!!!!! :)

My bf would like to mention that the quality of the alcohol provided was poor - as it is all inclusive the local brands are being used.

Next to the bar, there is the buffet of Adel, who is a great chef, and really friendly.

About activities:

The most incredible thing I have ever seen is the reef, which belongs to the beach - you walk 2 min from your room and you can start snorkeling directly - you will be completely amazed that is for sure. It is impossible to describe, but it is something like being surrounded by the most colorful fish and sea animals of the world, just next to you!!! It was soooo great!

We did scuba diving at Nemo, our instructor was Anwar - make sure you ask for him, he is the best, he made our first experience so perfect that now we both want to complete a course!!
Thanks for everything!

The animators are really nice and friendly and do a great job to entertain the guests, sorry that we were so lazy... :)

Spa - the only negative experience we had, we got a 40 min massage when we paid for 60 min, and we were expecting something more relaxing but it was more the painful kind.

Regarding cleaniness:

Our room was always perfectly cleaned and we would like to thank Mohammed and Ibrahim for the perfect job they did!

Regarding Russians:

They are everywhere. Really. You will not hear English speakers at all, or if you are lucky, probably one or 2 guests. That is it. You have to deal with it, we experienced 98% of them are rude (specially with the staff which makes me really angry) and yes, you will have to fight for your food sometimes, but who cares when the staff is amazing and looks after you and the reef is just next to you, the weather is perfert and you just have to relax? :)

I am so happy we chose the Continental and if I go back to Egypt, I will only go to this hotel :)
(I hope by then the wifi will be included in the price! :) )

Many thanks for all the staff for making our holiday so perfect and we wish to see you soon :)

Best regards,

Yan and Kriszti

Room Tip: 4223 - Seaview Room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank YanKriszti
Reviewed 5 May 2014

i just came back from egypt and it was best the hotel is very very good it is in first rove of the sea and is great it has many pools and great beach our room was in main building 1230 and has a great sea view it is very beautiful hotel, but in dinning room was not so good, sometimes it was darty because of lots of people.
staff is very warm and all day when they sow us where very happy, they are asking you if you want something and do it immediately.
the team of animation are so cute and lovely asam zina and sem i love you gays and hope to see you soon again.
again it was a great holiday of course we dont like everything but it was still good if you want to have a good time and have fun i will recommend this hotel to everybody

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed at the continental end of march glad we went with friends as I don't think we would have got through the week as it was so dirty in the restaurant yes there were birds and flys every were I had to keep my hand on top of my cup so the flys didnt land on it the setting was good the saff loved the English there were loads of Russian who were very rude this is our 4th time to visit Egypt and we have never experienced a hotal like this it is not a 5 star it is a 2 or 3

Stayed: March 2014
10  Thank denise r
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The continental plaza is dirty. The food is horrible, and I've never seen so many Russian people in my life. The Egyptian staff have to speak Russian and cater to them. They are rude and look at the English people like we don't belong, and I felt uncomfortable.
I hated the way they all grab up the food like its a matter of life or death. Birds flying around in the main restaurant and bird poo on seats on balcony, and swallows flying around your head, you can't eat. But they do gave 2 other restaurants to eat.
I had to stop eating there, as I was scared I would catch something.
Dirty rooms and rude looks from Russian tourists.
This resort was a weird place. Felt so happy when I heard another English speaking person.
I can't write enough about my whole experience here. It was the Russians that spoilt it, as a person of carribean decent I felt alienated. Never have I experienced the looks and stares the the extent I did there.
Otherwise the staff and the overall look of the continental plaza was good. The staff can't do enough for you and the views were gorgeous.
My room has several problems. Bad electrics, a leak from the ceiling and a broken balcony door handle, my kettle had to be placed on the floor to work it. Was quite a comical experience.
Very loud there, and u can't go to sleep early if u feel too, as the loud entertainment until about 12 am.
I love Egypt and it's people, but I just won't go to the continental again and no way would I recommend it to anyone.
I'm giving 2 star rating because of its friendly staff and the sea views.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel the are friendly and cannot do enough for you. When we arrived the took our cases to the room and provided a cold drink at reception.

Food was very good and varied and they would make you your own salad if you wanted.

Coffee is real coffee offering latte, etc. There was plenty of room at both the beach and pool with parasols so you don't need to get up early to reserve a place.

Treatments were also very cheap and good.

I'd definitely recommend this and go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends