“Novice learns to ride and become a very happy man :o)”
Review of Kite Junkies

Kite Junkies
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite Junkies Sharm El Sheikh. The first and only IKO & BKSA affiliated Kitesurfing Centre in Sharm El Sheikh. IKO & BKSA Courses, Rental Packages and Service Packages available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brighton UK
“Novice learns to ride and become a very happy man :o)”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a happy man I was at the end of my week with Kite Junkies!
I had had kite lessons before, a whole week in Fuerteventura some years ago when there was not enough wind, and then I booked several lessons in the UK which never really happened because there was not enough wind. Getting wind, tide, sea conditions and time off work all at the same time seemed to elude me forever. I thought I was never going to get the hang of the waterstart.
A week came up at the beginning of June when my partner was away. I have dragged her along to windsurfing holidays in the past and she is no longer keen on sitting on a windy beach, so here was a chance to go to Sharm. This time I had just got to nail it. I am 57 years old so I can’t tell myself anymore that it’s something I can get round to later.
I booked flights and a hotel direct through Booking.com; that turned out to be a mistake because there are discounted package holidays which are cheaper, but never mind, I know for next time. Then run down to Surf Junkies on the morning of day 1 for IKO Level 1 with excellent instruction from Gery. Wind was good and I remembered how powerful that kite is. I remembered the lessons from last year but still good to go over it again. Day 2 also good wind, Level 2 with Gery. Getting the idea but difficult to remember to do so many things at once. Practice with kit hire on days 3 and 4, also good wind in the mornings. Day 5 no wind, so went scuba diving, as the sea was flat and no swell we went to the Million Hopes wreck just across the lagoon from Surf Junkies, also a great experience.
Day 6 more wind in the morning to practice and I am now travelling 50 metres, I can see what is going wrong but still falling back or landing on my face, getting worn out walking upwind. Day 7 is my last day, my flight home is in the evening, but the morning is windy. I go out at 8 am, have a few short runs and do a lot of walking upwind, come in, go out again. Then it’s nearly all over, but I am getting the hang of it now. And then I see that I am about 300 metres off shore from the centre, with the wind blowing cross-on from behind me. I get on that board and ride in all the way, drop off the board, then land the kite slowly and accurately into the hands of the lander on the beach.
I can ride. Not upwind maybe, but I can do it at last, and that is why I am a very happy man.
So many thanks to Gery who taught me and gave me encouragement, Tony who is so calm in the office, Andy, Lisa, Martin and all the beach staff who helped me do this. I will be going again.
Brian from Brighton

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

KiteJunkies N, Manager at Kite Junkies, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
WHAT A FANTASTIC WEEK YOU HAD HERE IN SHARM!!! sounds like you really had a blast and to crack board starts and riding upwind was awesome to see you achieve hope you make time to visit us again, we can learn you something else to keep the dream alive. thanks again and really nice to meet you.

• Polish first
Cirencester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Another fantastic time with great people and a great company”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just returned from 9 days out in Nabq and spent 7 of those days on the water.
This is the about the 7th visit to Kitejunkies and have always been made to feel very welcome (more like family and friends) than a customer.
Andy and lisa who are running it at the moment are a credit to (kev, diane and pedro)!
Looking forward to coming back out in oct/nov for anther trip.
Always great to meet new people and see some of the newbies getting the buzz we all get from kitesurfing and being instructed in this great place with a dedicated team of professional people.
The beach guys are amazing and go out of there way to assist you every day. Great to see that they have all been working there so long which says a lot about the company they work for.
See you all again very soon
Mark P

KiteJunkies N, Manager at Kite Junkies, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thanks a lot for your great review and i would really like to thank you for all the visits you have made out here to nabq, to kitejunkies and i am very pleased how much you still love the place, great guests,great people!! and as for the kitesurfing well !!!!!!!! Thanks again see you on trip number 8 / taman'ya in arabic
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Service - Dream Location”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The guys at Kite Junkies are truly awesome, the facilities are great and the staff are fantastic and take real care in looking after my kitesurfing gear from the moment i arrived to the moment i left. It truly makes effortless kitesurfing in a environment where i was able to learn to Jump and easy grab my boards are wipeouts ;)

The weather was ace, the wind conditions were great , all in all a great holiday experience!

Thanks Tony, Lisa, Andy and all the beach team!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank TomJeffrey_1986
KiteJunkies N, Manager at Kite Junkies, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi thanks for the review, i am glad you enjoyed yourselves out here in nabq, it was great to meet you guys and hope to catch up at budle bay for a kitesurf sometime.
Thanks for the visit and hope to see you back out here soon.
Helmdon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awesome”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

had a awesome time. got a 2 hour private lesson with gerry (who is a legend) then just rented gear for the next 2 days. office people were good, beach crew sets everything up for u so is very easy. thanks again

1 Thank unzclayton
KiteJunkies N, Manager at Kite Junkies, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thanks a lot for taking time out to make a review i will pass the comments on to our instructors they will appreciate them.
Also it was great to have you here and hope to see you again in the future
hertfordshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great team”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Just come back from Sharm after doing a kite surfing course with Gerry as the instructor. Me and my teenage son took level 1&2 iko and had a great time doing it. We are looking forward to coming back again and getting some real experience and to try out the things we have learnt. The equipment and beach area are perfect for learning and you also get plenty of enthusiasm from the more experienced kite surfers who are showing off there skills.
Give it a go you will enjoy it.
Thanks again Gerry/Mohamed and Pedro.

KiteJunkies N, Manager at Kite Junkies, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hey fantastic guys great to see you two on your lessons having so much fun it was a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you out here with us to continue your kitesurfing adventure