“Really customer focused”

Aquarius Diving Club
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I had actually looked to book the trip to Ras Mohamed which was more expensive but my tour rep told me that this trip was better. I'm going to get my one gripe out of the way now. I've done quite a number of boat tours where food was included this was the poorest by far the chicken goujons/strips were dry and hard and it just felt like there was not enough of everything to go round. Apart from that this was a great day out. Without doubt this was the nicest boat I've ever been on - great wet area down stairs set up for both snorkelers and divers alike. The salon where the food was served and the upper deck were comfortable and clean. The best part about the boat’s facilities was that the toilets had toilet paper and running water. There was a constant supply of cold drinks which you just helped yourself to out of the cooler.

We stopped three times at three different reefs and I have to say because so many people have been here over the years the reef comes across as very jaded by comparison to the one at the end of the jetty at our hotel. My mask didn't fit well so I kept stopping on the first swim and Ramy who was leading our group was very sweet and lent me his and pulled me along to catch up with the rest of the group. The guys who led the groups were amazing they were extremely knowledgeable and really customer focused helping those who were not strong swimmers and really trying to push you to try. I was tired after the first swim so for the second two reefs I just took a mask and swam close to the boat. On the way back to port they spotted a school of dolphins and while I was a little disturbed by all the boats in the area chasing down and beeping their horns at the dolphins I was assured that the dolphins loved it and they thought they were just playing with them. It was the most beautiful sight of the whole trip watching them jumping and skimming across the water.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We did a trip with Aquarius to Ras Mohammed in June. My husband dived and went along with him to watch. Although my husband is an experienced diver he was a bit rusty and said the instructors were thorough and safe. I spent time on the boat which was great and was slowly convinced to conquer my fear of baby sharks and get into the water. The instructor was absolutely fantastic with me, he was very reassuring and helpful. Organised snorkelling might not sound like fun to those that can see just as much from their hotel jetty but actually it was much more enjoyable as they guided us to spots, sought out things to see and told us what we were looking at. It's so very cheap to ride on the boat and if you're lucky you may see dolphins! The food on the boat was nice and there was a constant supply of soft drinks and hot drinks. It was full when we went and we got to meet lots of new people. A very welcome break from pool lounging. I'd recommend.

1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I did my Padi open water advanced qualification with Aquarius and to be honest the Mexican guy that I dived with was excellent - He was very strong on safety and protecting the reef, both of which I agree with. So why the one star? Since doing my advanced I wanted to Dive the Thistlegorm, which must be one of the best wreck dives in the world, so on another visit to Sharm I went with Aquarius on a few dives before going on the Thistlgorm dive thinking I would be in safe hands. I had requested a larger tank as I can be a bit of of air guzzler and did not want to have to surface early. When I got on the boat and was given my box with my kit, but I was told I had not ordered a large tank so could not have one, they issued me with a torch which I was renting from them and we did our first dive. Amazing dive but there was about 20 divers with just one instructor - for this type of dive this is not safe at all. There are loads of other dive boats and it is easy to get confused which group you are in. My buddy and I (both women) were getting low on air and signalled to the instructor as such - he acknowledged it and we kept going. My buddy was now very low so again we signalled to the instructor and he "instructed her" to use my spare regulator and breath off my tank, this made my supply drop dangerously low and we had to abort the dive. Stupidly I thought this was a one off mistake and after lunch when we did the second dive the same thing happened again, this time they had lowered a spare tank to the stop point and my buddy transferred off my tank to the spare but my tank was on 10 bar when I surfaced. If this was not bad enough the instructor surfaced with us as he knew how low we were on air and he left half the group "in" the ship without a guide or anyone who had done the dive before - they could have got lost or anything. On the boat going home when I made it clear I was not happy, he had the nerve to have a go at me for not ordering a large tank !!! Later he claimed I had lost my torch, which I had passed to the guys on the boat when I was kitting down in the water after the dive. He told me I would have to pay what was about £350 for the torch which I objected to. So he refused to take me back to my hotel and took me to their main site and told me I could not go until I paid for the torch (plus they tried to charge me for the large tank that I had ordered but never had). I demanded to speak to the manager but by then it was late evening and they said they would collect me from my Hotel the next morning at 10am and I would need to speak to the manager then and that I would not be allowed to fly home until this was settled. I waited in reception from 9.45am until 2pm when they blessed me with their driver. I was taken to see the manager who I lodged a formal complaint with him after explaining all that went on - I got no apology or come back on my complaint. So if you dive with this lot be warned safety is a low priority and they try to rip you off.

2  Thank reesjones
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just returned from an 11 day holiday at Coral Sea Resort, i booked a speed boat and snorkeling trip with Aquarius and it was fantastic from the guys taking the booking to the guides on the trip. Definately reccomend this

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We are experienced and qualified divers and would definitly recommend Aquarius. All the staff from the hotel rep to the instructors and boat crew were professional and friendly. Dive trips are as well organised as they can be in Egypt, and pick up times were prompt. The actual dive kit is in good condition.

The instructors show a keen interest in signing you up for the following days diving but aren't pushy, for example we were clear from the start that we would do one day on, one day off and they didn't ask again. The instructors are enthusiastic and knowedgable, and we feel we genuinely made good friends with the instructor who led most of our dives. Pre-dive plans are presented clearly and questions welcomed. Our check dive was professionally led and gave us confidence that this was a reputable firm to be diving with.

Aquarius will take you to all the top dive sites in the Sinai area, including the Thistlegorm, the Blue Hole, Tiran, Shark Reef and Ras Mohammed. Their pricing is clear and they make sure you understand the bill before paying, any additionals supplements are clearly pointed out before booking. Boat trips are well organised and the boat crews are excellent. We were helped in and out of our kit without having to ask. Food on the boat as normal was excellent.

On one of the boat trips we took we were joined by two divers from a national UK dive magazine, which added to our confidence in Aquarius. Additionally we were joined by a fellow diver with unusual requirements (he had lost the use of both legs and one arm in an accident several years ago) who was given all the assistance he needed to make the most of the dives. Apparently he had been turned down by other dive schools before finding Aquarius.

We will choose to dive with Aquarius again as they have good representation in the Red Sea, quite rightly.