“A GREAT WEEK AWAY”

Ranked #101 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
phakk113
“A GREAT WEEK AWAY”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My husband and myself wanted one week of pure rest....and we got it.
The hotel was very clean, the staff were so so friendly, we found everyone friendly from when arriving at the airport which is extremely unusual. The food was good, lot's of choice but not so great on flavour but for a week or two totally acceptable and great value for money. I was unsure on what to expect as some of the reviews were a little bad. I would consider myself well travelled and have a property overseas in Asia but must say found this hotel very good. We met some people who had a few negative comments but to be honest if your paying the prices we paid which was £350 all inclusvie for a week then there is no room to complain.
Ahmed "sammi" in the restaurant was very helpful and such a nice chap, as was Saad in the lounge lobby, very friendly.
Animation group were also very good, keeps all ages entertained.
If i did have one thing to add, would be free wifi and wifi to be in the rooms too.
Thank you for a enjoyable stay and would definitely stay again

Room Tip: we were in room no 1104 and had a sea and pool view
1 Thank phak11phak113
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I'd particularly like to thank you for your kind comments regarding Sami and Saad and our animation team. We endeavor to provide a good value All Inclusive option and a relaxing break for all our guests and hope to see you back soon. Rachel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Tiran Island Hotel for one week in June 2011 and enjoyed every second. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we did not have one single complaint. We were a little worried when we read some previous reviews but our worries were soon put to rest the moment we walked up to reception.

All of the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make our stay even more enjoyable. The bar staff were fantastic and fair with whom they served the drinks to, therefore no need to tip to get better service. Restaurant staff were equally as friendly and again service was more than we could have asked for. The reception staff always did their best to sort out any problems and the animation team worked very hard to ensure everyone in the hotel was happy.

In regards to people moaning about the hotel not being "ALL INCLUSIVE" I am not sure they were staying in the same place as us. Drinks were available from 10ish in the morning until 11pm. In addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner, there was ice cream served around 4pm which suited us perfect and also there were snacks available in the pool side bar around 5pm if people were not full by this point and could not wait a few hours until dinner. In regards to the drink measures and people not being able to get drunk, God only knows how much people drink at home. The measures were huge and we had to ask the bar staff to give us smaller shots of alcohol.

We did not pay a lot for a week break and we DEFINATELY got more than what we paid for. We did agree that the food was a little repetitive however we did not go hungry and always found something we liked at every meal time. Breakfast included; cereal, toast, fresh fruit, pastries, pancakes, tomatoes, baked beans, an egg station and much more. Lunch included; salad, soup, rolls, a pasta station where fresh pasta was cooked, burgers, chicken and again much more. Dinner was similar to lunch but included a different soup and different hot food.

The hotel itself was immaculate. I noticed people had moaned about the cleanliness of the hotel but we can honestly say there were members of staff cleaning the hotel right down to polishing the brass handles every single day. Our room was always immaculate with a different towel sculpture on our bed.

We would return to this hotel without a shadow of a doubt and look forward to visiting Egypt in the near future.

2 Thank RobandDan
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for all the nice comments you have made regarding our staff and value. I hope you had a good journey home, please do not hesitate to contact me if you decide to return in the future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This hotel has to be the best we have stayed in. The all inclusive package is excellent value for money. There is a good selection of drinks and the food choice was fantastic! Both couples and families would be guaranteed to have a great holiday if they stayed here.
The staff were fantastic, friendly and very welcoming. This hotel has a lovely atmosphere.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the beach where we spent most of our time snorkelling. They also provide a shuttle bus to take you to and from every 15 minutes. It is also only 15 minutes away from Soho Square. The hotel also provides shuttles to and from Soho Square and Naama Bay.
I will certainly be recommending this hotel to family and friends! Fond memories have been made.

Room Tip: The majority of the rooms have twin beds, by pushing the beds together the staff will provide a doub...
2 Thank Cat W
Cat,

Thank you for writing a review for us. I'm glad you had a good holiday with us and would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding some of our staff and facilities.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you return to stay with us in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Me and my 3 friends stayed at this hotel in june for 10 nights and had the most amazing holiday ever ! When we arrived at sharm el sheik airport the transfer rep was very efficent and waiting for us. After a enjoyable transfer we arrived at the tiran island and we were greeted by the fantastic reception staff who were more than happy to help. As it was late evening when we arrived , The restraunt was still open and was no trouble about us receiving something to eat. Our rooms were lovely and clean and both had fantastic views of the pool . The next morning we went down to breakfast where there was lots of choice and something for everyone. People do moan about having no pork but HELLO you are in a muslim Country and if thats the only thing you can moan about then egypt isnt the place for you !!!!. We Walked around the pool to find plenty of sun loungers and lots of space. The animation team then made there self known to us and made the holiday Fantastic . They were so friendly and helped with any questions we had !!! All the animation team were fantastic and were always getting people involved in activitys, if you said no they accepted no without any hassle. We Spoke to our rep about going out one evening to Soho square , we went on the transfer bus from the hotel that runs every evening and this was a fantastic night out ! we ate in the bombay restraunt which was lovely and very good value for money !!!.

Overall , this hotel was fantastic and just what we were looking for and as i said before the Animation team made it extra special !!!

Also a massive thank you to RACHAEL Quality Manager at the hotel who was always around the hotel daily chatting to guests and making everyone feel welcome.

I work in the travel industry myself , and this hotel will be one of the first i offer to my customers after my stay at the tiran island hotel !!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kirstyw88
Kirsty,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. The pool certainly is quiet without you guys. Ive never known a group laugh so much!!

I have passed your review onto the animation team and we hope to see you all back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Overall not a 4* hotel....not sure the guidelines but this is far below any others we have seen.
Pool is good with plenty of beds, rooms are good.
Food was APPALLING; there was constantly a queue of people waiting to complain. On the back of this food I cannot advise anyone to stay here less.
Look closely at "all inclusive"....confirm it is what you think it is.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jb9507
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate all feedback on the hotel and appreciate different people have different expectations and experiences.

It is our aim to please every guest that comes to stay with us and I'm sorry we didn't manage this in your case. We are rated a 4* by the tourism board here in Sharm but I understand everyone has different opinion and standards can vary by country.

As mentioned before, if any future guests would like a copy of our all inclusive formula before arrival please do not hesitate to contact me directly through our website or on rachel.glennerster@tiranislandsharm.com

Thanks again
cheshire
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Me and my partner have just returned from a 2 week holiday here. It was our first holiday to egypt so we went with open minds after reading mixed reviews on here. So the hotel we was sold they told us it was a 4* which it isnt, it is only a 3*.
Arrived at the hotel less then 10 mins from airport (very good transfer) got checked in and on arrival was given the wrong room, Reception people said they would deal with it in the morning as it was to late to move rooms. We asked for a high floor looking over sea/mountains/pool. We was given bottom floor looking at grass and pebbles. The next day they moved us at midday so that was half a day hanging round waiting to be moved in to an appropriate room that we had asked for.
I feel that this holiday isnt all inclusive at all, i feel that it is half board. We booked literally 2 weeks before we was due to fly and was very excited about the whole holiday, but our opinions soon changed after the first day here. You have to pay for bottled water which is disgusting considering its an all inclusive holiday, We was told the bottled water would get replaced once a day by the cleaners. But it never. You had to pay for it yourself. (very costly) Secondly we was also told that the Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi were all free of charge.......No they wasnt you had to pay to use them all. Beach Bar allthough your drinks are free you still have to pay for your snacks and food down there. Pool table and darts again paying to play them. Internet, you have to pay to use their WI-FI.
Restraunt i found to be very repetitive so we visited SOHO Sqaure 4 times and ate out their which was gorgeous, We also ordered MCDONALDS in because we couldnt stand the same food every night. 1 whole day me and my partner was in bed as we caught food poisoning.
I feel that the Russians get the run of the hotel along with the egyptians. Russians very rude, obnoxious, arrogant and ignorant. Around the pool bar one of the russians jumps over the bar to pour himself a drink!
We made friends with a lovely couple from london and her husband had sunburn on hes back and shoulders so he was in the pool playing with hes very young daughter off 3 and he got told off for wearing a t shirt in the pool which is absoultly disgusting have you ever heard anything so ridculouse before i ask you? And then you have all the egyptian ladys going in to the pool fully clothed!!
Shops and supermarkets in the hotel i virtually got dragged into the store to buy things and they would not let me leave their shops without purchasing things.
Pool very clean but seriously them 2 annoying animation girls Sasha and Inna they need to be sacked, they are so rude and very annoying they keep pestering you to play darts, water polo (NO THANK YOU, I JUST WANT TO RELAX ON MY HOLIDAY) Again the 2 girls greet you as you go in for evening meal and stand talking to you and wont let you enter the restraunt again very annoying! The people from the Spa the 2 men and the henna tattoo man, the news paper man once we say no thank you we are not interested, they come back every half an hour touching your face and touching your feet and saying you have a face massage, you have a pedicure. So we decided enough was enough and went down to the beach to get away from them all, but then they follow you down to the beach. This holiday would of been a much better holiday if all of those people wasnt there hassling you. We didnt pay £1200 to come on holiday to be pestered, nagged and mythered. I have found the whole expierance a complete nightmare and definately wont be returning back to tiran island. I will be paying more money and going for a 5* hotel next time.

Room Tip: Carry antibacterial gel around with you. Lovely big pool
1 Thank cheshirecouple24
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed and helpful review for us. I'm sorry you were disaapointed with your stay but glad to hear you had a few positive thing to say aswell.

In relation to some of the issues you faced:

The room type you were given was a standard room which you had booked. It was not the wrong room and whilst I apologise that you had to wait in the morning to change rooms, you were in fact given a free upgrade to a pool view room.

All hotels run a different all inclusive concept and we do not provide a bottle of water in the room daily. A bottle is provided on arrival and water is available at the bar and restaurant throughout the day.

The sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi are not free of charge - They do not exist!

Guests are asked not to wear 'cotton' t shirts in the swimming pool as the fibres ruin the filter. This is standard across every hotel. The Egyptian ladies you saw in the pool were not 'fully clothed' but wearing a full swimming costume as is usual for many women in a muslim country.

I'm not pretending that now is an easy time as we juggle British, Russian and Egyptian guests but ask that all future guests take into account that whilst holidaying in a different countries, they will be different nationalities with different cultures and behaviors.

I closely monitor the behavior of sales people and the animation team around the pool. I will take your comments to discuss with them. Our spa company has now changed and the feedback has been very positive.

Finally, as mentioned before. For guests who would like to eat Mcdonalds, please look closely at your holiday selection.

I'd again like to thank you for your comments, we do take everything on board and aim to please everyone, I'm sorry we didn't manage this for you and hope that if you decide to return in the future we can change your opinion.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Take more money it's not all inclusive as stated in the broucher you after pay for food if you go to the beach. food in the hotel is like looking at pig sloops and even they would turn there noses up at it, ate out all the time in soho square which was fab food,and order food in from pizza hut, mcdoanlds,and kfc all the british was doing this.Nothing to do for the kids you have to pay for games eg: pool,table tennisand football game every where you went it cost you even for ice-cream and bottle of water,other than that the hotel was clean and the staff was great we've been going to Egypt for 5 years and we won't be going any more it's got expensive.

1 Thank kevfairburn
Kev,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

Even though you didn't report any of your concerns to myself, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us and will be looking into any of the issues you have mentioned.

I'm not sure when people will realise that if you come to Egypt the food is going to be different and I'd like to take a moment to address future guests to the hotel with regard to the food.
Every day our main restaurant offers a large salad selection, pasta cooked fresh for you, soup, rice, vegetables, potatoes, chips, meat and fish. We vary the menu every day for 14 days as per the Thomas Cook suggested menu. I have a specific menu aimed at children to ensure they are eating and our restaurant staff will do whatever they can to ensure everyone is happy. We try hard to please every nationality but unfortunately, if your palette is more accustomed to Mcdonalds, KFC and Pizza hut, maybe Egypt isn't the country for you.

We have ice cream available as part of the All Inclusive between 1500-1700 daily and if anyone would like to see the all inclusive concept before arrival please do not hesitate to contact me via our website.

Many Thanks