“Lovely hotel and great service”
Review of Tiran Island Hotel

Tiran Island Hotel
Ranked #104 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Ah yes the winging Brits abroard. Take no notice of previous negative comments about the Tiran Island Hotel. The place is lovely, loads of space and excellent rooms, which are kept immaculate. If you want fine dining don't go all-inclusive ! The food is good with plenty of choice but if you're a chips and burger eater you might be a bit dissappointed. The staff are brilliant-the animation team enthusiastic, the cleaners, waiters and mangers are helpful and responsive to any requests. Despite being a vaste country and having a vast history apparently the Russians have still no translation for the words "please" and "thankyou". As a friend of mine said it is their holiday as wel. If you want a break from the bleak British winter you cannot go wrong with this hotel and resort. It's peaceful and the snorkelling is great off the nearby beach. For the winging Brits abroad, stay at home and winge about the British weather instead. Thanks to Amey (animation), Hamesh, Mohamed, Abeli (bar) Edward (restaurant) and Fattah (cleaner) for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank timbothorne
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your time with us aand had a peaceful and relaxing holiday. The stafff really do appreciate a personal mention and to know that they made a difference to your holiday. I will be sure to pass on your comments to those you mention. We would be very happy to welcome you back to the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranislandHotelSharm if you return with any special requests.

with best regards,
Asst. Quality & Guest Relation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just back from my holiday with Hubby. Weather and hotel great, food and drink not so good.
Staff brilliant, especially Aimee from the animation team. She really made our holiday and her recommendation to use the hotel's Indian restaurant " House of Curry " was a super choice as the food was lovely.
Room sizes are good , cleanliness overall is average and location is remote. Though the bus to the beach is very frequent and it's only a short ride.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet W
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your feedback on your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your holiday but we are disappointed that you were not totally happy with the food and drink but pleased you enjoyed your meal in the Indian restaurant. We are very happy to receive feedback from our guests on their opinions as this is the best way for us to improve all the guests experience. Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of the staff and Aimee in particular. We are very happy she added to the enjoyment of your holiday.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I do not usually write reviews or really take much notice of them, one mans meat is another mans poison, usually people only review when things go wrong. I returned to the UK on March 18 2014 having spent 2 weeks AI at Tiran Island.

I first went to this Hotel in 2012 and had a great time, in two years how this Hotel has declined. Apart from breakfast meal times are an horrendous experience. Pushing, shoving, food flying, hands grabbing. When you get it on your plate it is of such a poor standard you wonder why you have bothered.Well we gave up on the evening meal and started going out to eat.

Sleep was disturbed most nights by noise which went on till 4 or 5 am.Once stayed at a club 18-30 in Ibiza and got more sleep

Cleanliness leaves much to be desired both in the rooms and public places. Towels in the rooms were grey and hard, thank goodness we had some of our own.

The old saying is you get what you pay for. In my experience cheap invariably costs you more in the long run. So it was with this holiday to Tiran Island, my advice is look somewhere else and leave this place to the Russians.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gerald a

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review but we are very disappointed that this time the hotel did not live up to your expectations. I know you experienced some impolite behaviour from one of the other guests and one tip I would give to guests is to wait half an hour after the restaurant opens before eating to avoid the initial rush. Once we were aware of your issues with a noisy neighbour we were very happy to move your room. This is a hotel that welcomes a mix of guests from different nationalities and cultures and some guests come to relax and some to experience a livelier atmosphere. This can cause problems as in most of the hotels in Sharm El Sheikh but I am very sorry that this detracted from the enjoyment of your holiday. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great Holiday…….
We travelled to Tiran Island with some concerns after reading the reviews over the last few months.
We arrived around 7pm and were dealt with really efficiently and shown to our room by Sam ( who promised to be our big brother for the rest of the week). Make sure you take plenty of £1 coins or 1 dollar notes, it is the norm to tip and they do work very hard. Our room was in block 2 – room No 2018, no issues with the room at all, the beds are so comfortable. The room was very clean and kept to that standard on a daily basis, the towel art was amazing. Use bottled water to brush your teeth.
We had so many lovely experiences during the week we were there. We met some lovely people, the guys working in the Lobby Bar and pool bar were so friendly and we enjoyed trying the special cocktails (on a daily basis). The cappuccino’s were fab (I think these were thanks to Mohammed).
We had a lovely chat with Coralie (Hotel Management) who was always around and willing to chat and we found her to be so helpful when we wanted to Venture out.
We would recommend the Turkish Bath, City Tour and the VIP Boat cruise (take a towel). All booked through our Cosmos rep. Also, you must visit Soho Square (10 min taxi drive), get there for around 5.30pm and watch the fountain display at 6pm before the crowds arrive later. Truly amazing experiences.
Snorkelling down at the beach is a must, we went down about 8 in the morning to avoid all the pushy Russians, so peaceful, on our final day we saw a fish that must have been 4 foot long and wide, he just swam around as if he was watching us watching him. Was disgusted though when we realised that a big Russian lady was tempting him to the side, feeding him boiled eggs with the shells on. Even the security man on the gate looked out for you. We walked by the gate for a stroll and he called us back as he thought we had missed the hotel.
The food was a bit bland and repetitive, but what do you expect, they are catering for a lot of people, we always found something to eat. We ate in the Italian restaurant one night, seafood risotto was fab and it was only £7.
The entertainment guys are great a special hello to Aimee, so bubbly and fun, I wish I could have bottled her energy. Poolside music was great – the DJ even did a disc for us before we left.
All in all an awesome holiday.
Points to note:
No need to take Egyptian Pounds – they will quote prices in £ and you can still haggle with them, so take small notes.
Yes,bottled water is less than a £1 from the little shop. No biggy (water is available around the pool & restaurant)
The Sand Man will make you your own little bottle of what you want and it’s only £5 (ideal gift), and you can even have it personalised.
The bag shop in the lobby is a must, the prices are the same as the market and the guy that owns it is lovely – he loves the Brits. He even let my friend take 3 pairs of shoes and pay for them the following day. If you tell him what you are looking for he will try and get it for you at a good price.
Take Mosquito repellent and bite cream.
Tiran Island Hotel, we hope to return one day.
Nicola & Kim

Room Tip: If you are not happy tell them and they will try and accommodate you. 2018 was at the back ground f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kim M
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Nicola and Kim,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review and tips which I think other travellers will find very useful. We are very happy you enjoyed your time with us and also that you took advantage of the wonderful sea life we are lucky to have on our doorstep. It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Italian restaurant and that the staff were friendly and helpful. I will pass on your comments to those you mention and all the staff would be very happy to welcome you back to the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranislandHotelSharm with any special requests.

with best regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've stayed at Tiran several times and everyone always treats me very well. I am eldery and have difficulty walking but all the staff go above and beyond to look after me and make sure I have everything I need. They help me get food, bring cold drinks to me if they think I've been sat too long without one in the sun and have even offered to help me in and out of the pool.
The rooms are good and cleaned every day, food is varied (there will always be some people who don't like everything but I've never gone hungry), breakfasts are wonderful especially the omelets.
Some of the Russians can be rude and unfriendly, but so are some of the English. I've met nice people from all countries and some like me come back year after year and we renew friendships every time. Same with the staff, its nice to see familiar faces each time and they always give me a lovely welcome back to the hotel. I last stayed in September and I'm hoping to return in May.

Room Tip: Disabled rooms are available with wetroom. Restaurant is upstairs but there is a lift.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Annie E
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind positive review following your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us. I know all the staff will be very happy to receive your kind recognition. We are all very happy we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in May and once again we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Please contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com with any special requests.

Asst Quality & Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay at hotel. Had a great holiday. Food and drink disappointing. Cleanliness in reception area toilets very poor, but overall you get what you pay for! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Aimee from the animation team was a ray of sunshine and couldn't be more helpful when I told her it was a friends birthday whilst we were there. The lobby bar should have some music playing or something going on. The Russians seem to be catered for better in this hotel. We travelled with friends so enjoyed our holiday as we had good company.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sandra k

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your feedback on your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your holiday but we are disappointed that you were not totally happy with the food and drink. We are very happy to receive feedback from our guests on their opinions as this is the best way for us to improve all the guests experience. Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of the staff and Aimee in particular. We are very happy they added to the enjoyment of your holiday.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We got back on Thursday, hotel basic but ok for the money a few things need looking at though reception toilets need to be cleaner, food basic and needs to be checked if cooked and more fresh fruit, Are hotel room was always clean and beautiful towel displays, restaurant staff very help thank you Edward, lobby waiter mohamad helpful and excellent service. Animation are Amy was absolutely brilliant always bubbly and keeping all entertained 'are you playing darts' we will miss her. I wish tiran island the best I do hope things get a bit better has your a lovely hotel

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank kelly3212

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your constructive feedback. Your points are well noted and will be followed up with the departments concerned. I would just like to mention we did have a problem with fruits the week you were here due to the exceptional rainfall which caused issues with our delivery service. I have passed on your lovely comments to the staff members you mentioned and they were delighted that you remembered them. We would love to welcome you back to see the improvements we have made and if you return please contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com with any requests.