“Excellent holiday :)”

Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Ranked #54 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a short break at the coral sea waterworld and both loved every moment!! We can't wait to book another trip out here!
Food was really nice and plenty to choose from, the Indian was also amazing!
We spent most of our time down at the beach and the waterpark as we felt we didn't get hassled as much down there. Special mention for Ahmed at the beach bar who kept us entertained for ages! He would also remember our drinks and if he saw you later on in the evening he would bring you a drink over.
The animation team were also very friendly and tried to get you involved with everything they do. Rebecca is really nice and will come over and chat with you throughout the day and actually seemed interested in what you had to say, some of the team didn't seem that interested in what you said if you didn't want to do the activities.
Only let down was that even though we were given the password to the wifi both me and my boyfriend couldn't log on to it, we tried every night, so maybe the signal isn't strong enough?
Thanks for a lovely holiday, can't wait to come back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meganjx28x
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Write a ReviewReviews (6,400)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was my first time in Sham and i loved every minute. The animation staff were excellent and i fell in love with the adorable Kieran, even though he has only just started, he was very friendly, welcoming and attentive, all the staff were fantastic. I would definately recommend this destination to freinds and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank kerry m

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very dissapointed with our stay in April.
Food - not a vast choice of food, presentation extremely poor to a shocking standard. every time i went to get my baby food from childrens 'area' a waitor/chef would come and shout at me to stop taking food from childrens are when in actual fact it was for my two year old. Indian a la carte is a must very nice food. However even though you have paid all that money to be all inclusive you have to pay for drinks and mini bar even water in your mini bar you have to pay for absolutely diabolical.
Drinks- Water only available from the main hotel restaurant at meal times was advised to get as much water as possible in morning and carry around all day which resulted in it being boiling by the time you wanted to drink it.
no lifts or ramps had to carry my two year old in his pram up 37 steps every time i wanted to go to our room.(im a single parent)
Life gaurds very rude and will whistle at you as if your a dog to get your attention to tell you something.
waterpark was SUPPOSED to be open until sunset every day howwever that wasnt the case at 16.40 every afternoon the life gaurds would start preparing to close. if you were going around the lazy river you would be followed and told hurry finish now come back tomorrow.
while laying on a sunlounger by the big pool noticed a stream of ants going in to the seam of lounger when peeled back to see what was going on the lounger had maggots in and the ants was eatin them.
Was served drinks twice/three times while there other than that had to go and get drinks yourslef.
Aquarious 'marshall' kept on and on and on hounding us to go on boat trip explained i thought it wouldnt be appropriate for my child in the end he was very rude walking away muttering under his breath.
be careful for the tiles sticking up out of the ground my dad cut his foot open.
Bed linen not changed often just disted off and staightened out patio door broken so had to sleep with an un locked door.
stairwell to back of hotel never cleaned broken glass and dead lizard there the whole holiday.
lots of crockery/glasses left lying around outside peoples rooms therefore ants gathering. 95% of plates in restaurant chipped and around 50% of mugs chipped stick to paper mugs.
one member of our party had enough and flew home after three days in the end we all wished we done the same. also no free wifi you will bne charged £6.50 per hour.

2  Thank Jessica G

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly welcome every opportunity to improve.

On a positive note, I am glad to learn that you had an enjoyable meal at the Indian restaurant and that it was a "must see".

Secondly, I would like to thank you for sharing your comment about the early closure of the waterpark and would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I can advise you, however, that strict instructions were issued to our recreation team to ensure the park stays open till sunset. I would also like to apologize for the inappropriate way some of the lifeguards and the representative of our diving centre has spoken to you. Please rest assured that although this is an isolated incident, it has been shared with the management to ensure it remains isolated. With regards to your comment about the WiFi, I am happy to let you know that the WiFi access is now free of charge as of 01 May 2014.

Regarding your comment about the beverage service, please note that it is clearly mentioned in our brochure that the beverage is counter service and not waiter service. Our team, however, try their best to make everyone comfortable by serving them drinks while they are sun-bathing but sometimes this is not doable when the hotel is running at high occupancy levels. Similarly, the availability of water is limited to venues/timings quoted in our brochure. Finally I am sorry you had to sleep with your room patio door unlocked; had you notified the Guest Service Centre whilst there, they would have instantly repaired it to ensure your total safety and comfort.

Last but not least, trust that your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements possibly needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just visited this hotel for 2 weeks over the Easter break and I can honestly say that it was one of the best holidays that my family and I have ever had....

On arrival I'll be honest and say that the front of the hotel is nothing special to look - you actually walk past a row of shops(!) to get to the front door. But things improve when you enter into a very impressive reception area. We were met with welcome drinks and the reception staff were very, very helpful and friendly, and as they say first impressions count. We were given our room key and other information and made our way to our room, to be closely followed by our luggage brought to us by the bellboys. You didn't feel like they expected a tip but we were happy to tip them & they accepted pound coins quite happily.

We had booked a double family room which comprised the widest bed I have ever seen in the main area (for the adults) and a separate smaller room with 2 double beds for the kids. The main area had a flat screen TV, mini bar (we didn't use it), electronic safe...even the kids room had a smaller flat screen TV (they were most impressed!). The thing that we liked was that our room was both a short distance from the main reception/dining area and also to the pool areas.

Pools were great, we only used the main pool so can't really comment on the smaller, quieter pool area but both have their own pool bars. I must make special mention of the bar staff at the Palms pool bar - both Mohammed Omar and Nabil were so,so friendly and helpful during our whole holiday, we could not have asked for a better service.

The aqua park is away from the other pool areas in a separate part of the hotel (just next to the main reception/dining area). It was great fun, can't say any more than that really, although we didn't actually use it as much as perhaps we thought we would.

Food in the main buffet restaurant was excellent, loads of choice, our only recommendation would be let the rush die down and eat after 7.30 if you want a more relaxed eating environment. No issues with any of the family in terms of tummy bugs etc so can only assume that the food hygiene is top notch.

Food in the speciality restaurants was ok but nothing special - but it was nice to eat in a more relaxed environment where the food is brought to the the table for you. Be warned though that drinks in the speciality restaurants are charged and you are not supposed to take in drinks from the other bars. This was something new for us and we are seasoned all-inclusive goers.

As with the pool bars the bar service in other parts of the hotel was also excellent. In fact most of the pool bar staff also worked at these bars in the evening too. We didn't try the Irish bar mainly as a result of it looking like a cavern, really dark inside and not very inviting.

Finally I come to the absolutely FANTASTIC animation team. These guys (and girls) never stop and it's clear that they are absolutely determined to do whatever they can to make your holiday as enjoyable as they can. They really make you feel that you are a friend and that you're special. Special mention must go to Ash (great guy, bags of energy, really polite) M-jaye (same as Ash - although I did beat him at pool, haha), Luigi (just plain crazy, especially when he threw my wife in the pool, haha), Kyle, Beth, Sarah & Rebecca - a massive thank you to you all and your colleagues for making our holiday so, so special. We were all really emotional as you all waved us off in the coach back to the airport. Hope that you're all still there when we come back!!!!!

4  Thank tony5090
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld and that it was superb. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my first time in Sharm so I didn’t have anything to compare the hotel to, but I was still very impressed. The staff were on the whole very good, friendly and attentive. I made friends with Mohammed in the bar by the reception and he looked after us the whole week for drinks. The food was great, with an excellent choice at all mealtimes and good snacks at other times, catering for the adventurous to very picky. The waterpark is fantastic and a real plus point for the hotel, especially if you have children. The hotel itself appeared to be fairly well maintained, especially the surrounding gardens. We struggled to get sun loungers together on a couple of occasions, but it was not a major problem. The entertainment was okay, but generally my sort of thing and whilst the Animation team were very hard working, we just weren’t that interested in joining in. I think the ‘all inclusive’ could have stretched to a little later at night and I really didn’t see the point in the staff stopping you from taking glasses of drinks back to the rooms at night ( they made you put them in plastic cups instead). One thing that did surprise me was the amount of English speaking channels on the TV. I don't tend to go on holiday to watch the telly, but after a long day, it was nice to be able to sit and relax with film. It also kept my 7 year old occupied when required too.

There were however a couple of bad points. We found the gentleman who ran the Spa (his name might have been Abdullah) was particularly pushy, borderline annoying! The Spa treatments themselves were not quite what we were hoping for and the overall degree of cleanliness needs some urgent review. One particular concern for us was when after a dip in the hot tub I asked for a clean towel or my daughter and was brought a nice hot towel, presumably fresh out of the tumble dryer. Alas no! Unbeknown to the member of staff, he was spotted by my mother-in-law, getting a used towel out of the sauna and folding it up nicely. God know how many sweaty bodies had sat on the towel already and I was just glad she saw it, otherwise my daughter would have been drying herself in their sweat – Yuk!! Even after complaining to Abdullah, we found him to be arrogant with apologies thin on the ground, with refunds completely out of the question.

Other minor annoyances, being a little picky - The water park was meant to be closed at sunset, but invariably closed a lot earlier. The house wine was truly awful, and the only way to get a half decent bottle was to pay £30 in either the Indian or Italian restaurants. One of the animation team was also highly irritating… think Jedward on E numbers!

All in all, I found this to be a really positive experience and genuinely was sad to go. Make sure you have a look around the shops within the hotel too as there are a few interesting things to buy like paintings and ornaments. Just make sure you haggle!

Room Tip: Try and get close to the entrance, it saves a lot of walking to and from all the main features of th...
2  Thank British_Tourist_21

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly welcome every opportunity to improve.

Thank you also for the candid feedback about your spa experience; I can advise you that it has been shared with the spa management in order to take necessary corrective action. I have also noted your comments about the closing time of the waterpark which will be passed to the concerned department.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We visited the resort at Easter and had a really great time, but who wouldn't in 34 degree heat!!!'
I will try to break it down for ease of those reading this review and also be as honest as possible;
Food - choice of restaurants was good and the main buffet restaurant always had a superb selection of dishes, the kids especially enjoyed making their own pizzas and pasta. Indian was a bit mediocre but Italian good and I would definitely recommend the fillet steak or frito misto. We enjoyed going to the mermaid restaurant on a lunch time as you got table service and the setting was lovely.
Service - cannot be faulted. Attention to detail is everything and certain staff will go out of their way to help (though I am sure this is reflected in your willingness to tip!) staff worth a mention are Mahmoud at the mermaid bar and Mohammed our cleaner!
Facilities - perfect for families. Has a large action packed pool with rep led games, quieter small pool, and then the all action waterpark which was a top hit with our kids (9 & 7) the slides and rides here were fantastic and again staff would make sure that your glass was never empty!!!! The shops in the foyer were a distraction for the kids although if you do venture off site, the same items can be had for about a tenth of their prices (which are cheap already !)
Location - you don't really need to venture off site, as you have everything you need here. It's right on the beach and there is loads of scope for water based activities and even a hotel all inclusive bar on the beach as well!
Rooms - well appointed, although we didn't initially get the room we had booked and had to spend 1 night in another room, before being moved to our correct room type. This did take a bit of complaining via the Thomson rep to achieve though, and I would recommend others dig heels in at point of check in, because it seemed a common problem when we talked to other families. Once in our correct room it was nice and in a good location (go for deluxe ground floor room) and always kept exceptionally clean. The kids loved the towel art done by our cleaner!
Animation team - Lots of people rave about animation team, but most of the people we spoke to found them annoying and some even arrogant, especially a young lad called Ash. If you didn't want to join in any activities, he was rude and abrupt, and to be honest he let his better colleagues down. Magdy and Luigi were the best of the bunch. The entertainment provided was not to our taste (bingo and magicians) but some people liked it. The kids disco early evening was ok for little ones.
All in all, we had a great time and would definitely return to the hotel and the sharm el sheikh area!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank smudger1122

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your family holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

1st visit to Egypt and what a great choice thanks to the reports I read from others on Tripadvisor - so thanks for that. Temperature wise it was starting to cool down a bit (high 20s) but still came back with a nice tan. At that time of the year the sun disappears behind the hotel around 4pm so you need to get out early. The food was fantastic with so much choice including 2 themed restaurants but I didn't really understand why you had to pay for the drinks in those restaurants when the wine was the same as you got in the main one. My one main criticism was that the quality and selection of the drinks was not that good as there was only 1 lager, a local brew, which we didn't like much and locally made spirits which were ok and the bar staff weren't mean with their measures. That's what you get on 'all inclusive' I suppose and I think the hotel should consider opening a paying cocktail bar with branded spirits etc. to give people the option of better quality drinks. All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The room we had was enormous (for 4) with a large balcony overlooking the pool area. There were flat screen tvs in both halves of the room with an array of channels and it was kept very clean and decorated with the mandatory towel artwork. This hotel is virtually 'owned' by Thomson/First Choice the benefit of which is that it is nearly all English people there so you don't have to put up with the rude Russians who we met on a couple of trips. We booked our trips with Vova Tours just outside the hotel next to the Metro supermarket as they were much cheaper than going through the rep. For those of you who like clubbing and don't want to go too far there is a Hard Rock Café not far past the supermarket that becomes a nightclub at midnight and serves some wicked mojitos! There are 2 large pool areas and if you find the Animation Team irritating, as we did, then you go to the other one where you can barely hear them. You will also get hassled by hotel employees trying to sell you massages etc. but if you tell them firmly that you're not interested they will leave you alone. So overall it was a good experience and at £500 each for 10 days all inclusive, very good value for money. Neal J - Southampton

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Neal J

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and welcome every opportunity to improve.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.