“Amazing hotel and fantastic animation team”

Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Ranked #54 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our first visit to this hotel and I can't find a fault.
One of the best holidays we have had... Cleaning staff are faultless and waiters are brilliant made dining for my kids fun. Hotel was so clean and food was amazing... The whole resort was brilliant.
The best part had to be the animation team who deserve so much credit they are on the go non stop and I haven't laughed that much in ages..
My kids had so much fun with them and they have become part of the family..
So a Big thank you guys.
Can't wait to see you next year already booking now.
:-) :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Deendan
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.
Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Write a ReviewReviews (6,400)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Second time in Egypt, first time at this hotel.

I had an amazing holiday & a very chilled time, however to be helpful I will state all positives and negatives for this hotel.

Negatives;
- I felt this hotel definitely favourited returning customers over newcomers such as myself. You get given a different colour wristband if you are a retuning customer which says it all really. One night me and my boyfriend were in the lobby, a group of 8 came and sat right next to us and immediately got served for drinks. They were asked 3 times for top ups before anyone even bothered coming over to us. This wasn't the first time this happened! As soon as we arrived to our hotel, returning customers all got drinks bought to them while queuing to check in. Newcomers however we're left with nothing? I never expected drinks to be bought to me, I happily go to the bar and get my own. However when practically everyone in the same queue as you are getting drinks and your not it comes across quite rude. Not really how you want to start your holiday.

- Mosquitos!!! I know not much can be done about these but it was ridiculous. On my first night I got bitten 10 times on just one arm. I highly recommend buying 'off' mosquito spray which they sell in an onsight pharmacy for 50 Egyptian pounds. Did wonders! I also recommend avoiding ground floor rooms, I feel this is the main reason I got bitten alive. In the hotel I stayed in last year they went around every night spraying the bushes and plants to get rid of them all, however as this hotel is so large I understand they cannot get round it all every night. But I feel this will still help massively doing every other day.

Positives;
- No problem with food. Gets a bit samey samey but what do you expect with all inclusive.

- Our room was lovely but there was really no need for us to upgrade to a deluxe double. All it really is in an extra room added on to the back of your bedroom, which a seat and TV in. With only 2 of us it was really a waste if space. But again no problems with room, cleaned everyday.

- Entertainment was great. Everyone friendly and happy to sit down and get to know you and get you involved. However I do not understand the massive rave made about them? Yes they were all lovely and make you feel welcomed however this is what I received at the previous hotel in Egypt aswell, so personally even though they are all wonderful they don't 'make' the holiday.

- Waterpark weirdly was quieter than the main pools. This is where me and my boyfriend stayed for practically the whole 2 weeks. Yes you do still get people from spa/snorkelling coming up to you but a firm no does the trick. However note if your coming with young children make sure you check hight restrictions to avoid disappointment. I know a lot of people had problems with their children being allowed on the slides. Some days they were allowed on and others not?

- Me and my boyfriend both had 2 treatments each. Very professional, got looked after well and had a nice relaxing massage. Not much else to say in this.

Overall I had a lovely holiday and is a great hotel for the price. Unlikely we will return...didn't amaze us that much to be worth returning.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms, most likely to get eaten alive my Mosquitos. Don't bother with roo...
3  Thank Sophie W

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly welcome every opportunity to improve.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed from 3rd June for 2 weeks

Rooms

We had a double room on the second floor, overlooking the pool and sea. It was ok but lower floor refurbished rooms look much nicer inside. Plenty of wardrobe and draw space for 2 people. Together with safe and small fridge.

The bathroom is in need of a total refit, an earlier reviewer said they went and bought bleach to clean it with.....The hotel should get these rooms refurbished they look old and dirty due to the colour of the tile grout.

There is now a lady in charge of "Housekeeping", about time too, but sorry to say some of the loos in public areas were not good and lots of fittings in them need to be replaced. No, it didn't spoil my holiday, I just would have expected better attention to detail from the cleaning staff.

Restaurants

Just after half term......thinking not so many children ?? How wrong could I be....
OK , I do understand that this is a family hotel with an aqua park but this visit was crazy.

We would usually go to eat about 8.30 in the evening in the Dine Around buffet restaurant , after a couple of days we were going at 9.30 , remember they close at 10.00, just to try to escape children running round, spilling food and drink, eating food off the serving spoons, screaming and shouting and making mealtimes a very unpleasant experience.
Wonder were the parents were......certainly not taking any care of their children?

The Indian and the Italian are not serve yourself, so this was slightly better, although having to pay for drinks and still having rowdy children was not great. The food and service was fine.

We have no complaints about the quality of the food, some items were delicious , some could have done with more spice. Again it is hard to please everyone. There is a theme for each night, together with pizza and pasta. Cant see how anyone would not find something to eat?

Beach / Pools / Aqua Park

We spend most of our time at the beach. We didn't use either of the pools. They had been refurbished since our last visit and look great.

We went into the aqua park to use the Olio restaurant a few lunch times and to get mango ice cream, which was lovely !!

I did try the Lazy River.......but when kids were using it as a swimming race track, it sort of took the fun out of it. They paid no attention to the member of staff who told them to stop either.

Bars

There is the Lobby bar, inside with aircon and outside terrace.
Finlay's , which is a bit like a dark "Olde Pub" area.

Due to public demand.......ADULT ONLY BAR.......has opened in the courtyard area between the Italian Restaurant and the billiard room. Really hope this stays......open from 7.00pm. It will need fans as the weather gets hotter though.

The Tea Garden would be great as a bar area, you have to get your drinks and carry them down a flight of stairs though as there is no bar here. I have known them use a portable one, but who wants paper cups for wine ??

We had an invitation to the Management Cocktail Party.......great idea. Please think about what your customers are saying to you.
This hotel ticks all our boxes except now you need an ADULT only restaurant / service area.

Gardens

The gardeners keep it all looking good, they work very hard in very hot sun and always have a "hello" for you.

Mosquitoes

We didn't get one bite.........oh some poor people looked as if they had been feasted upon. We used Boots 50% deet in the gray spray every evening and it worked.

Animation

We don't join in anything, or go to any of the shows. Just not "our thing ". However , a few of the team would stroll around the beach and have a chat. Luigi.....is a gem, he has a serious side too....and is a very interesting guy to chat to.

We would be very sorry not to come again as we have so many hugs and nice greeting from lots of the staff, who have been at the hotel since our first visit.

Until there is news of an adult only restaurant though ......we will go to another area of Egypt.

Please ask if you have any questions. More than happy to answer you.

3  Thank SUNTAN47

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your 7th holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay. I was really concerned to learn that there might not be an 8th visit though.

We strive to accommodate all of our guests needs and desires. Your feedback is very important to us and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you, however, that it will be used to consider improvements to the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

We hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Myself, my wife and 2 kids (aged 11 and 14) stayed here for a week in April. It was our first time in Egypt so cant really compare this with other hotels in the area.

Check in was fast and easy. Our luggage was brought to our room within 30 minutes. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was on the ground floor. The room was clean, spacious and modern. The kids had a TV in their room and there was also a TV in the main area of the room. The room was cleaned everyday and the towels were changed. The guy who cleaned our room introduced himself on the first day and told us that if we ever needed anything to come and see him. We used to leave him a 3 or 4 pound tip every 2nd day and he would make sure any requests we had were taken care of.

The pools areas are spacious and relaxed. At the time we stayed the hotel was at 100% capacity, however it was pretty easy to get 4 sun loungers. I used to go to the pool at about 0815-0830 and would always get 4 beds next to the pool. The on site water park is also very good again this was never overcrowded. The only small thing is that there could be possibly more inflatables for the lazy pool.

The food was not excellent however it was well above average. My wife and daughter are fussy eaters and even they found something to eat at every meal. There is something on the barbecue every night so me and my son were sorted. We also tried the Italian, this was average and if I had to pay for it I wouldn't be happy. The drinks were typical all inclusive. The bar staff were quick and efficient. We mostly stayed in the lobby bar. The Irish bar is just a dark hole, very off putting and it looks a bit seedy due to the lack of light. The entertainment wasn't to our liking. However the animation staff seemed to try hard.

The only complaints I have is when you get a beer during the day. I comes in a tiny coffee vending machine size plastic cup. Meaning you get about 2 mouthfuls of beer per drink. Maybe it would be better to have larger hard plastic for beer. Also do not get the hotel WIFI. It costs something like 6 UK pounds per hour. Go out the hotel and buy a WIFI dongle from the excursion shop across from Burger King. This costs 20 pounds for 7 days with a 30 pound refundable deposit. You can connect 5 devices through this

This is a good hotel. I am sure that there is better in Egypt, however you get what you pay for. The rooms are clean, the grounds are well maintained, the staff is friendly and the food is decent.

Would I come back? Only if the price is right

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan P

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time to this hotel and stayed for the first two weeks of June . We think this hotel is good but could be improved. The hotel in areas looks dated ( but so do I ) . The two pools and grounds look fantastic and we spent most of our time in the waterpark , which was great fun and you don't get much hassle from the spa /dive guys which gets annoying down at the other pools .
We were in room 2142 which is down facing the beach . Nice room with big comfy bed and two more beds in a section which can be closed off with sliding doors .
2 flat screen tv's but the picture was like going back to the 60's . Tea and coffee making facilities
( if they remember to fill it up !! ) ironing board and iron / hair dryer / free safe / free fridge
( remember to get them to take out your mini bar or you will be charged )
We had a problem first night with the wind ( add your own jokes !! ) the wind was howling through the balcony doors and rattling them and the front door . We told customer services next day and they sent a guy round within 15 mins and fixed it !
My wife said the cleaner needed a woman's touch ! I hope she meant he wasn't very good !!!
No towel art but that didn't bother us .
The food I personally found disappointing . The salad bar /pasta bar / bread section / omelette station in main diner were all good, but the rest of it although with plenty of choice was bland and luke warm . The sweets looked great but mostly not much taste !
We tried the Italian restaurant twice and loved the steak . Tried the Indian restuarant and we thought that the food was poor !! In both you have to pay for drinks which I think is wrong !
The service in all the restaurants and diners was very good as was the bar service everywhere apart from trying to get drinks downstairs In the seating area outside the lobby .
It seems that not many of the waiters know it exists !!! We had to walk up to the lobby bar to order to be told they would bring them down for us ! What's the point of that when you are already up there and got to walk down again anyway !!!! It needs a bar downstairs to service the outside !
Big praise to the barman upstairs in the lobby ( tahaa I think is name is ) the guy works so hard !
He is like a machine, churning out drinks at speed but also having a laugh with you !
The quality of the local spirits is dire ! I had a couple of methanol and orange on the first night and will never sing again !!!!!!! My wife said the gin and tonic was ok and the beer is quite good !
The animation team ( luigi /becks / moira / nick / beth / becca/ lolly ) work so hard all day and night . They always have a laugh and a joke with you and if you don't fancy joining in with anything they don't hassle you . We didn't see many of the shows but the ones we did see I can say that the animation are mental and the professional acts weren't good !!
Overall this is a good hotel

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach are less noisy
2  Thank u-pies

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

There seems to be alot of confusion on waterpark rules. When we stayed my 8 year old good swimmer who is well over 1.2 meters was not allowed on any slides all week :( the week previous people had been allowed on if they signed a disclaimer for their kids but this was no longer an option when we arrived. When we booked the rules were only 1.2m with no age restrictions but the Thomsons staff and also hotel manager were not interested in this.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank debbie s

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review. Please note that in accordance to the UK FTO guidelines to follow the manufacturer’s regulations on operating Aqua Parks, Coral Sea Waterworld had included the manufacturer’s restrictions of +10 years and +120 cm in the TUI UK catalogue and as a result of our annual waterpark check by the manufacturer of water pressure, slide speeds, water density and analysis on yearly activity on each slide, the manufacturers of our waterpark have instructed us to apply the following standard restrictions to safely use the waterpark:

1. The 2 slides named Double Twirl and Up Down Dip which are using single rings will be exclusively for adults and children above 10 years of age only and over 120 cm in height.
2. The 4 slides named Colossal Canal, Turbolance, Space Boat and Night Rider which are using double rings and single rings will be for adults and children of 8 years of age and are above 120 cm but children must use the double ring only and must be accompanied by an adult or parent.
3. The 3 body slides named Body Twister, Twilight Zone and Free Fall which are using mats (not rings) can be used by adults and children 8 years of age and are above 120 cm in height.
4. The 4 lane Windigo which are using mats (not rings) can be used by adults and children 8 years of age and are above 120 cm in height.
5. Please note there are other areas of the Aqua Park that can be enjoyed such as the Lazy River, Wave Pool, Pirates of Mediterranean (child Play area), Tots Play (tots play area) all in which children must be supervised by an adult at all times.

We appreciate your understanding that these are manufacturers’ instructions keeping in consideration that health and safety of all our guests, adults and children, remain the utmost priority of Coral Sea management.

There is no disclaimer that can be signed and there are no exceptions on any of the above rules.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I just wanted to add a comment after reading the response from the management that 8-10 year olds can go on some of the rides.

I have just received a response from first choice and they have stated that children under 10 cannot go on any of the 12 slides and are only able to use the pirates of the Mediterranean section. Having looked at the pictures of this it would keep my 8 year old entertained for all of 10 minutes!!

First Choice have also stated that the same height/age restrictions are in place in the wave pool too which is over the top. they could just put restrictions in place that stops non swimmers going past a certain point but allow them to use it.

I am really gutted as we booked this holiday for the waterpark and I am now either going to have to look for another hotel or have a disappointed 8 year old, who is a competent swimmer nearly at life saving level.

I understand that safety is a priority but surely there should be leyway, my daughter the other week went to a Waterpark and was able to go on slides of a similar nature as she was over 1.2m.

Take the age restrictions off and use height which is easy to monitor.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank AliG25

Dear Guests,

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.