“Amazing holiday!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We arrived on the 27th July to the 10th August '14, we had the most amazing time, when we arrived we were shown to our room which was gorgeous, and our luggage was brought to us. This was our first trip to Egypt and didn't know what to expect but first impressions were good. The food was lovely with plenty of choice for everyone, the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The room was clean, with housekeeping coming in everyday, he would surprise us with special towel art and for our son's birthday he made a birthday cake with candles out of the towels, the hotel also surprised us with 2 birthday cakes too!! needless to say our son was very happy. The waterpark was awesome we hardly waited for the slides, there were plenty of sunbeds everywhere, even when we didn't get there till late.
The staff were always smiling and couldn't do enough for you, the bar staff in the swim up pools were so funny. The Animation team were great, enthusiastic and friendly.
Whilst we were there we heard about the sickness bug that had apparently swept through the hotel via the media, I have to say that people are so DRAMATIC, yes there was some illness which would have been prevented if the family that had travelled with a sickness bug had stayed at home, rather than spreading it to other people, but to say the hotel was to blame is wrong!
We are planning our next trip there and cannot wait to go again!

Room Tip: If you have disabled people in your party, make sure you request a ground floor room, as there are n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
20 Thank tractorgirl34
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,194)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have already written a review that was more about my stay, on the 7th July - 14th. However I forgot to mention the amazing staff and would like to say the hotel is lovely,ignore the negatives!

My family and I enjoyed the stay so much. It was relaxing, however a week was not long enough... so I can't wait to return in November/December for 11 nights!:)

We was looked after well and had a welcoming arrival. The views are beautiful and every part of the hotel you get great service, so I would like to take this opportunity to give staff recognition...

We instantly made friends with Mohamed from the lobby bar. He made sure we had a drink in our hands before we even asked,he brought two drinks over of whatever you ordered every time! He was lovely and always had a chat with us. In the Dine Around was our favourite place, not only was the food amazing and well prepared, but we made so many friends and had great service from the staff! I would like to thank them all as its hard work all day and they still manage a smile till the end of the night. They always had a joke with you and as well as brining you your ordered drinks, they would make sure you had bottled water so you wasn't dehydrated throughout the day. Thanks to Sayed ( aka Michael Jackson ;) haha, Sayed is hilarious), Ahmed, Mohamed, Fady, Keroylis and Kotb :) amazing staff!
We mostly spent time at the quiet pool as its the best place to relax as opposed to the main pool, although the waterpark is also great. The service there at the bar and towel hut was lovely, although we didn't catch their names! The guys at the Mermaid Bar were so friendly and helpful when I hurt my foot (my fault, no the hotels) and they joked about it the next day with me. Also, Adam from the Spa was a pleasure to meet. Thanks to the staff for making our holiday, the animation team didn't do that much... although Jamie and Beth were lovely. The women staff (some) were miserable.

All this hassle with people being ill and blaming the hotel is horrible! Everyone has their say, however this is the only place I've visited and wanted to return to ASAP! No one in my family was ill with a bug (family of 5) although I had the Egyptian tummy, where the heat got to me and I lost interest in eating... this was not the hotels fault, but mine as you need to stay hydrated and alcohol isn't the way. For those saying staff weren't helpful, after coming back from a trip to Soho Square (amazing by the way!) where I was sick, Mohamed from the Lobby bar made me a special herbal drink that instantly made me better :) so thank you! It is all to do with looking after yourself properly in 40+ degrees heat, because in Soho Square Ice Bar; the coolness made me feel better. If you don't get the service from the staff, perhaps be more polite as you can tell the difference between families and also tip money. Especially if you want towel art (which is incredible also!).

The hotel is very clean and safe, it's honestly the best hotel I have ever been too. I can't wait to return so thank you for having us!

Sharm El Sheihk is beautiful with lovely weather... enjoy your stay!! (Sorry for another review) :)

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
6 Thank Emily D
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from 27th July for two weeks

The hotel and staff is amazing,the food is ok but the main restaurant can get very busy at times

The water park and beach are amazing.despite some reviews on the the few occasions we stayed by the pool we always got sunbeds but we did not stay long as the animation team are rubbish and when they run out of ideas just shout hogey hogey ever 10mins

The animation team was very poor and the entertainment was shockingly bad. It seemed that because we organised our trips rather than through them so they did not get commission they could not be bothered in fact we was lucky if we got two hello's from them all fortnight

Jamie in particular is very rude and needs to sort his attitude out and grow up

The hotel is brilliant and would definitely go again but first choice need to sort the animation team out

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank daka1uk
Dear Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The water park is great, loads of great slides and more than enough sun-beds to get hold of. We had a family room overlooking the beach and sea - great room and seemed to be out of the way of everything which was good.

I don't know how people can rate this hotel 5 out of 5 and return time after time. You are better off going to somewhere like the Sensatori hotel - which is so much better at a similar price.

The entertainment (I don't how they can call it by that word here) is shocking. Cringe-worthy stuff. If you like to be tucked up in bed by 9.45 then this is the place for you.

The animation team - oh dear. Animation team is the right word because they are defintley Mickey Mouse 'entertainers'. It gets worse - they sing the YMCA outside your coach as you depart. And then want to give you high fives as you board it. I would have rather had the stomach bug.

The food is alright. Lots to choose from. I love the way people pile their plates up and then leave half of it. A positive would be the staff that man the opening of the restaurant. very nice and smiley.

The pool's are good. Well as long as people aren't having a dump in them (Twice during our stay). Won't be returning. The sun is the best thing. Mostly because it isn't part of the animation team and it makes you feel good.

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel - family room. By the sea.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Mark W
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and welcome every opportunity to improve. Thank you also for your kind words about the food and beverage staff; your recognition will not go unnoticed.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is our 6th visit to Sharm but our first in Coral Sea Waterworld. The only positive is the food is half decent, Now for the bad bit.
The room was the dirtiest i have stayed in, Scum all around the bath and shower. and the tiles were thick with dirt.
The pool was the dirtiest ever seen, you could not see your feet it was thick with chlorine, adn teh area around the pool was never washed down, some areas where the sunbeds were located had standing water underneath them and it was green for being there for days on end. I reported to the first choice reps that dinner plates had been left by a bin on the poolside for 8 days ( no wonder people were falling ill with this laziness ) The first choice rep questioned the Hotel manager about cleaning the poolsides and his reply was the tiles are slippy when wet. I also informed them that there were drinking glasses by a bin for 3 days, the rep said she would go and take the hotel manager down to see this, but the glasses were still there when we left the hotel, Teenagers were running riot for the duration of the visit causing the main pool to be closed for four days in a row by pooing and being sick. Also the quiet pool was closed and the waterpark. They were reported for throwing objects and other holiday makers but ever one member of the pool staff was providing them with stuff to throw. The animation team were so annoying and whinging about having to carry out there roles during the day, they only wanted you to buy tickets off them, We said no and Jamie said whatever and gave us a dirty look then stormed off.
I maid a complaint with the First choice rep on our final day and said i would receive a copy via email, 48 hrs later i have still not received it.

Please, if you have booked to go here, do whatever ever you can to go another hotel, there are some great hotels in Sharm. I will never use First choice again after this experience

17 Thank Simon D
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Hornchurch, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had an amazing holiday in sharm , very good variety and quality of food, the rooms and the hotel were always impeccably clean contrary to reports in the uk, no one in my family became seriously ill. The animation team were the most friendly ive ever come across and constantly kept us updated with all the evening and daytime activities, never failing to go aroundnhr the whole hotel to ensure everyone is catered for , not a lot goes on in the hotel at night as all the bars close at 12 but the night life is excellent outside any way to compensate, overall a very friendly and accommodating hotel!

2 Thank DanDalts

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

First up the positive - the animation team:
Bendy (Becca), Bristol (Becca), Basher (Beth), Jordan (Elliot), Lesser Spotted (Lauren), Ollie and Jamie were brilliant, great interaction and always a smile! The others, Aimee, Toni, Gizelle and Princess Lauren I'm sure were great, we just didn't have as much to do with them :-) - Scrooge, Dumdum or "That man over there" (yer you know who I am ;-) )

Ok, now the reality - the place has a cleanliness problem and the management don't seem to care. This problem caused a bug to spread like wildfire a couple of days into our holiday causing lots of people to go down with it, including my step-daughter. At first I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given she'd sat in the sun for most of the day but, being acutely aware that my needle phobic 12 year old step daughter would not be able to have a drip and injections like the older one, I went into cleanliness overdrive and started to spot huge problems. Cutlery that wasn't clean, table clothes that were riddled with old food, salt shakers with food still on them from lunch, spills on the floor of the corridors not cleaned for days, old glasses and MacDonald cups left in the corridors for days at a time - the list went on and on.

Then there was the worst part - the pool and surrounding areas. Ignoring the "up at 7am to get a sunbed" issue, I was up at 7am on the Wednesday of our second week, the rest of us having avoided the bug and got out on a couple of excursions (see my review of Sinai Safari Adventures) to get some sunbeds when I was assailed by what felt like a million flies (it was probably only 7 or 8!). I discovered they were coming from the dustbin and when I looked in I was extremely shocked by what I saw. On top was the arm of my broken sunglasses that I had put in there ON SUNDAY! Underneath was various bits of food and other "stuff". I moved the bin, took a photo and told the pool staff. The next day, the bin was exactly the same (see the pics) so I took a picture, made a formal complaint to Thomson and was told "the management" would meet with me later that day to discuss my complaint. That same afternoon I discovered the reason why. The pool staff came round to empty the bins, which all have plastic bags in them by the way, but instead of taking out the old plastic bag and putting in a new one, they just took out the big stuff, like bottles and cups! That all went into a big plastic bag that was overflowing and things started falling out of it which then got left or put back into one of the smaller bins!

I got a call later in the day from guest relations saying there were no managers available that day (seriously?!?) so would it be ok if they met me the next day at 5pm...........I was leaving on the 7pm bus to the airport the next day. I kicked up a fuss so they agreed to met me the next morning. So the next morning, low and behold, the bin was still in the same state! Took another photo, went off on our final excursion and went to see the management after we'd grabbed some lunch when we got back. No one was available.........again!

Finally, at about 17:30, I got to speak to the Front Office Manager as the only person available. I won't bore you with the whole conversation but in summary he said with over 1100 guests in the hotel how could he be responsible for all that they spill and leave laying around! When I said he could be responsible for his staff not emptying the bins or cleaning up he told me it wasn't his staff they were the pool staff!! I corrected my English and referred to "The hotel management" and "the hotel staff" and he reluctantly agreed to take it on board and apologised. His whole attitude really was one of "it's not that important" and he even argued with me that a bin full of food wouldn't spread disease! I tried to convince him that cleanliness should be ingrained into the staff and that the valet staff, who walk the corridors all the time delivering and collecting bags, should report things they see, that the pool staff should be constantly circulating picking things up and cleaning the whole area etc, etc. Again, his attitude was one of not really caring. Other hotels with the same star rating manage it so there really is no excuse, He gave me his card and suggested I e-mail him next time I was going to the hotel and he would "take care of me".

Needless to say I won't be going back as the bin wasn't the only issue. I saw a child drop a whole box of popcorn, while her mother walked by her side!, that just got left. I told the bar staff who said to tell the pool staff, I told the pool staff who said "ok, ok" and did nothing. The birds ate most of it and the rest was left until the wind picked up the next morning and blew it into the pool to clog up the filters. The pool always had popcorn floating in it, probably coming partly from kids throwing it in and partly from the overflowing dustbins by the pool bar. The pool bar was rarely, if ever, wiped down from all the spills of sticky drinks. Ditto the tables in the restaurant although, after the "outbreak" (I was told I couldn't call it an epidemic even though the doctor did!!) they did start to wear gloves in the restaurant and, for a few days, insist everyone used the hand sanitisers.

The Thomson/First Choice staff had a similar attitude choosing to blame the hotel and intimating that there wasn't anything they could do about it. One said that the only way anything could be done was to complain when I got back to the UK as once the UK got involved things might happen! He seemed to fail to understand that they should be getting the UK involved rather than relying on their guests to do it!

We chose the hotel based on it's great reviews and ratings. My opinion is that the hotels standards have dropped since those reviews so it would be interesting to hear from anyone who's actually been back recently.

It's a real shame as the facilities are great, the water park is brilliant and never that busy even though it was high season. So to let themselves down over something so basic is a shame, but let themselves down they have

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
22 Thank ian_a_leonard
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and welcome every opportunity to improve.

On a positive note, thank you also for the recognition of our waterpark standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Secondly, I was really concerned to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed. However, I can assure you that your valuable feedback will be shared with the concerned departments and necessary corrective action will be taken accordingly to avoid re-occurrence in the future; we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.