“Ok holiday”

Ranked #52 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Ok holiday”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Daytime activities were very good around the pool area. Evening entertainment was the worst I have ever attended, we were a group of 3 adults 1 teenager and 2 children, even the kids did not like the entertainment. The food was ok there was a fair amount of choice. The pool was closed every other day for 2 weeks due to people with funny bellies. Did diving on a boat trip it was fantastic. I would not go back to Egypt.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim M
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld; we greatly depend on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. I was concerned to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,195)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

First time to Egypt so went with an open mind on what I would find. On arrival at the hotel first impressions was good Nd as we had a late flight was very impressed that the hotel kept the restaurant open for the new arrivals. Once eaten we went to our room & again very happy with the size of the room as we are a family of 4 most hotel rooms are tight for space but this seemed more than spacious enough.
Service in the restaurant was good and so was the quality and choice of food, I for one can be fussy on what I eat but there was not 1 day me or my family couldn't find anything and cooked lovely being a Muslim country I did miss my bacon and pork but hardly the end of the world for 2 weeks.

The grounds of the hotel are kept nice abs the gardeners work tirelessly in that heat.

Pools look fantastic with a choice of a smaller quiet pool & a larger pool with activities around it.

So that's the positives I felt and like everything if there's good sadly there is some bad...
The hotel reception has a very small bar area the ends up with not enough seats in the evening, and cleanliness in the hotel could be a lot better.

The pool area is very dirty and just doesn't get swept or washed down and many times old cups & spilt popcorn is left around for days as well as puddles of water that turn colour due to being left for so long. The pool opens at 8am with signs saying any towels left before this will be removed.... However be warned if you get to the large pool after 7am you will struggle to get loungers! When I pointed this out to the pool attendants there reaction was to say don't worry i will look after you then held his hand out for money !
We also had many pool closures due to a teen deciding it would be funny to either make himself sick or poo in it so in the last 7 days the pool was closed for 5 of them & even the water park pool was closed for the same thing & trust me in that heat you need a pool to dip in...
Even the reps knew who it was but very little action was done in fact none !! Also all complaints
made to the reps have not been forwarded on to head office so no record has been received ..
All in all this could be a very nice hotel but cleanliness really does let it's self down, as well as the endless people trying to sell you a massage or turkish shave everyday but in the end you just have to be firm and rude they then leave you alone it's defiantly not the star rating first choice/Thompson put on it, and it could be so much nicer if it was kept clean !!

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank David S
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld; we greatly depend on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. On a positive note, thank you for the recognition of our rooms standards and the food variety and service standards; your compliments will be shared with the team. Secondly, I was concerned to read that we have dropped the ball in some areas and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a two week stay at Coral Sea Water World, such a good holiday. Hotel was clean and tidy, the water park was great and so were the other pools. The animation team at this hotel particularly stood out always had things going on through out the day they were always on the go with activities such as volleyball, polo, darts, Olympic day, animation bingo and so much more. Again through the evening they made themselves proud with a wide range of shows both for kids and adults the enthusiasm was amazing. After all this I have to give a special mention to Mr Jamie who always got people up to take part in activities and always had a smile on his face.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Lily H
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Meriden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Good points are that the staff are lovely and can't do enough for you.

Food wasn't great and suspect that was why we got ill, we lost four days of our holiday with all of us being ill. Extra doctors were drafted in and this news made the daily mirror. You can judge for yourself. The pools should have been shut down longer as people were ill in them, but they only shut them for an hour. They were being monitored by independent contractors on the third day we were there.

There's no nice bar either you have the balcony or you have to sit through what I would class as the worst entertainent I have ever seen.

The animation team are rubbish, I have never seen such talentless fools as reps. One was only 17 with the personality of a wet fish. We had two teen girls who we took with us and the 18 year old went to the hard rock cafe with them with the promise that they would look after them as they were charging 27 quid to take her two blocks down the road (walking distance). The night ended up with my daughter carrying home a fifteen year old lad who had got plastered and all the reps had gone home without them. Not good at all. The entertainment was appalling, like an amateur school production, not five star at all.

The spa and beauty reps are pains and don't get the message, keep pestering you all the time you are there.

I have to say it was difficult to get beds on the pools, loads of russians as well. We tended to go to the beach most of the time as went snorkelling.

Sorry if I sound really negative but do yourself a favour and book elsewhere. For the money we paid we expected better, the two weeks we went were like a test of endurance.

Very disappointing considering the price we paid, will not go back again.

Hope I haven't depressed you and that this helps with your booking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank sharon n
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld; we greatly depend on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. On a positive note, thank you for the recognition of the friendliness of our staff members; your compliments will be shared with the team. Secondly, I was concerned to read that we have dropped the ball in some areas and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a wonderful 2 weeks in the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort stayed from 28th July - 11th August.
The hotel was great! A fantastic location direct on the beach and such hard working staff. The rooms were very clean and had all the facilities you needed, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, mini fridge (they did charge so we just asked them to empty it and they did it straight away. We used it for water, which is easily available and a few snacks we bought in the local supermarket). We got fresh towels and bed linen every day! The communial areas were spotless and always being cleaned, the gardeners were always there working away and they were beautifully kept!
The Food was excellent a great choice in the main dining area and the snack bar, Mermaids was lovely if you wanted to eat out in the day time for a light lunch.
The pools were fantastic and you could always get a sun lounger, none of this getting up at silly o'clock to reserve a bed!!!. Two Pool bars and I have to mention Ibraham who was the main man at the quiet pool bar, he was so happy and kept us going with fresh drinks throughout the day. The aqua park was amazing, my 12 year old son and husband spent many a happy afternoon trying all the slides out and it defintely was as good as any you would go to pay and go into for the day!
The best part of our holiday was the amazing animation team they were brilliant! So hard working and such fun. They became great friends and took my 18 year old son out with them to all the local nightclubs Pascha, Hard Rock etc and he had the best holiday! A big thanks to Elliot, Ollie, Amy, Becca, Beth, Becka, Jamie Rhys and DJ Amher for all your hard work you really looked after everyone.

I know there had been bad press in the UK about illness etc but we never encounted any problems when we were there. Possibly some people had been ill before we arrived but we couldn't fault the hotel.
We were sad to leave and had a fantastic 2 week break away and all that's left to say is: "Wakey Wakey, Sharem el Shakey!" So funny!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank Jill D
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mildenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We arrived on the 27th July to the 10th August '14, we had the most amazing time, when we arrived we were shown to our room which was gorgeous, and our luggage was brought to us. This was our first trip to Egypt and didn't know what to expect but first impressions were good. The food was lovely with plenty of choice for everyone, the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The room was clean, with housekeeping coming in everyday, he would surprise us with special towel art and for our son's birthday he made a birthday cake with candles out of the towels, the hotel also surprised us with 2 birthday cakes too!! needless to say our son was very happy. The waterpark was awesome we hardly waited for the slides, there were plenty of sunbeds everywhere, even when we didn't get there till late.
The staff were always smiling and couldn't do enough for you, the bar staff in the swim up pools were so funny. The Animation team were great, enthusiastic and friendly.
Whilst we were there we heard about the sickness bug that had apparently swept through the hotel via the media, I have to say that people are so DRAMATIC, yes there was some illness which would have been prevented if the family that had travelled with a sickness bug had stayed at home, rather than spreading it to other people, but to say the hotel was to blame is wrong!
We are planning our next trip there and cannot wait to go again!

Room Tip: If you have disabled people in your party, make sure you request a ground floor room, as there are n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
20 Thank tractorgirl34
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014

Warmest regards,

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have already written a review that was more about my stay, on the 7th July - 14th. However I forgot to mention the amazing staff and would like to say the hotel is lovely,ignore the negatives!

My family and I enjoyed the stay so much. It was relaxing, however a week was not long enough... so I can't wait to return in November/December for 11 nights!:)

We was looked after well and had a welcoming arrival. The views are beautiful and every part of the hotel you get great service, so I would like to take this opportunity to give staff recognition...

We instantly made friends with Mohamed from the lobby bar. He made sure we had a drink in our hands before we even asked,he brought two drinks over of whatever you ordered every time! He was lovely and always had a chat with us. In the Dine Around was our favourite place, not only was the food amazing and well prepared, but we made so many friends and had great service from the staff! I would like to thank them all as its hard work all day and they still manage a smile till the end of the night. They always had a joke with you and as well as brining you your ordered drinks, they would make sure you had bottled water so you wasn't dehydrated throughout the day. Thanks to Sayed ( aka Michael Jackson ;) haha, Sayed is hilarious), Ahmed, Mohamed, Fady, Keroylis and Kotb :) amazing staff!
We mostly spent time at the quiet pool as its the best place to relax as opposed to the main pool, although the waterpark is also great. The service there at the bar and towel hut was lovely, although we didn't catch their names! The guys at the Mermaid Bar were so friendly and helpful when I hurt my foot (my fault, no the hotels) and they joked about it the next day with me. Also, Adam from the Spa was a pleasure to meet. Thanks to the staff for making our holiday, the animation team didn't do that much... although Jamie and Beth were lovely. The women staff (some) were miserable.

All this hassle with people being ill and blaming the hotel is horrible! Everyone has their say, however this is the only place I've visited and wanted to return to ASAP! No one in my family was ill with a bug (family of 5) although I had the Egyptian tummy, where the heat got to me and I lost interest in eating... this was not the hotels fault, but mine as you need to stay hydrated and alcohol isn't the way. For those saying staff weren't helpful, after coming back from a trip to Soho Square (amazing by the way!) where I was sick, Mohamed from the Lobby bar made me a special herbal drink that instantly made me better :) so thank you! It is all to do with looking after yourself properly in 40+ degrees heat, because in Soho Square Ice Bar; the coolness made me feel better. If you don't get the service from the staff, perhaps be more polite as you can tell the difference between families and also tip money. Especially if you want towel art (which is incredible also!).

The hotel is very clean and safe, it's honestly the best hotel I have ever been too. I can't wait to return so thank you for having us!

Sharm El Sheihk is beautiful with lovely weather... enjoy your stay!! (Sorry for another review) :)

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Emily D
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.
Warmest regards,