“Great place, Friendly people, amazing holiday”

Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Ranked #58 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 17 August 2014

hi there,
I've just come back from my trip to egypt. it was an amazing holiday.
coral sea has everything from slides to breathtaking views. but its not just sitting around you can join in with the 5 star animation team and their activities though out the day and clubs by night. there is much to do at coral sea water world the people there can't seem to do enough for you, always friendly and willing to help you with all your needs, your sure to make friends and have an amazing time. the food like some places can be a bit sketchy but theres a great variety every night breakfast, lunch and dinner with the big open buffet main restaurant. you do also get to go (this is for all inclusive) to the al la carte restaurants, they have italian and indian. the italian is amazing the steak superb. the indian in my opinion wasn't as good but the food was still amazing. the only catch is that you have to pay for drinks but its well worth it.
overall a fantastic place to go on holiday. you can choose to spend you time in the resort and join in with the fun or go and do the activities with are layer out during the week outside the resort.
i wouldreccomend it to anyone. one last this is the weather. no clouds for the whole 2 weeks while i was there (2-16 august) with only 2-3 days with a slight breeze. every day it reached into the 40 degree mark.
to conclude - nice people, great food, unrivalled weather and plenty to do.
i hope this helps you on your decision. it is the same as all the other reviews no faults only praise and we mean what we say some places you can mention a few faults but here i can honestly say that you can't.
enjoy!

7  Thank Alex P
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Write a ReviewReviews (6,316)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just back from a week at coral sea. Fantastic time. Kids enjoyed every minute which makes for a happy parent. Kids loved the animation team becca Lauren Elliot. Jamie who took the time to say hi and what was happening for that day was a real star Keeley and max miss you I .Food ok. Shame people abused the pool

5  Thank Paul M
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were ushered into the resurant when all we wanted to do was unpack we had 2 twin rooms my dad and daughter in one room myself my husband and son in the other my sons bed was a put u up next to our bed! The room was dirty and very dated the chest of draws gave me a battle every time u tried to use it tv had lots if English film channels balcony overlooked a wasteground and a disused hotel not very nice 2250/2251 other rooms in the hotel had been updated and were supposed to be very nice I have stayed in better rooms at butlins!

The main bar in the lobby we named the terminal as it was Like a waiting room serving warm beer and terrible cocktails wifi wasn't very good
Entertainment in the evening was the worst I have ever seen animation team although very nice and friendly didn't have a clue
Finlay's Irish bar was dark and dingy where nothing happened!
Main pool was terrible teenagers throwing drinks in the water it was like swimming in soup! The pool was also closed nearly every day for a couple of hours due to kids or adults being sick or pooing in the pool get your subbed before 7.00 or you have no chance and this wasn't because of Germans it was the English!
Good point the water park we spent everyday here nice sun loungers cold beers fantastic lazy river quite untill the main pool shut!
Weather fantastic use time tours for any trips milks on the beach will sort you out a good deal
Bus stop bar at the top of the road good for happy hour 7-9 half price cocktails free use of iPads
Xbox play station and pool available at a small charge
The shops outside the hotel are a nightmare they just won't leave you alone they won't take no for an answer I love shopping but I hated it in the end hassle with a capital H
Check what u buy some items very poor quality bags and trainers !
Soho square was a different class no hassle beautiful place to shop or eat or just chill at a nice bar

Men with camels are rude and aggressive if you don't want to ride their camel or have your photo taken with it just don't make eye contact with them!
Food at the hotel was ok always found something to eat but it was like eating in a school canteen
Queuing up outside to be seated felt like I was at school
Aircon in the rooms
Tipping your waiter gets u a better service
Smokers beware u can get very cheap cigarettes but they are fake and within a couple if days you'll be coughing up all sorts!
We were there when the mirror reported it's article in the paper about hundreds on drips in their rooms I must admit we never see or heard anything like this and none of us were ill over this holiday
I think the people that return year after year must have lower standards because although I enjoyed my holiday made some good friends and got a great tan I would definitely not return to this hotel and probably not back to sharm el sheik ! The locals need to wise up that we do not like being hassled and we are not all greezers or think everything is lovely jubblery
Think that's about it just to say I wish I had returned to the iberotel lamaya resort in marsa alam much much better a different class!

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank alison r

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld; we greatly depends on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. I was concerned to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Where do I start. The hotel is ok! I am not a picky person, nor am I fussy but this hotel needs to make improvements.
There are no fridges around where you can go and help yourself to water you can only get water from the restaurant at meal times and most of the time it was warm. There are no toilets near to the pools, so you have to trek back to your room or go to the main building to the toilets, this is a big pain when you have young children who want the toilet regularly.
Cleanliness is not good in the main restaurant. Some tables are wiped clean and some are not. We were shown to our table and it was ok but the seats were filthy, covered in crumbs and popcorn. The waiter asked me what was wrong because I did not want to sit down on a dirty chair, I told him and he pulled a face at me and then pointed to another table that was just as bad. So I had to wipe the chair off myself. He still did not attempt to clean off the chairs on the other table and made another family sit there who did not look to happy either. There was a hygiene check the other day as there had been either a bug or food poisoning (still nobody knows the truth as to what it was but it left a lot of people on drips, made the news and British papers, and this was just before we got here) so all the staff were wearing gloves and cleaning everything but, as soon as that was over only some were wearing gloves and the cleanliness slacked. The food is the same nearly everyday just names changed on some of the dishes but taste the same as the day before with another name. At breakfast you can get omelettes and fried eggs cooked in front of you but they are breaking the eggs open on a stainless steel work top and putting them into small dishes, mixing them up and then putting the fork down on top of the egg that has splashed on the work top and prepping this over and over. I never saw the man wipe the top once, so don't know how long the egg has been there and he was still putting he fork down on top of it after stirring the egg, this can cause salmonella!!
Some of the staff are very rude, the main one looking like the restaurant manager who barged passed our table knocking the drinks over and did not even turn to look and see what he had done. He collected our plates quite abruptly sloping food over the table. My son who is 16 also went up to the bar in the main restaurant and asked for 3 coca cola's and was told no, he asked twice and still was told no.
The bar In The lobby is small and there is not enough seating there either for such a big hotel. The bar closes at 12pm and even if you have been queuing for half an hour they will not serve you after 12pm, you are told no more and that is that.
We had 2 rooms. Mine was ok but the the other ones bathroom was not clean at all. We took antibacterial wet wipes and had to clean it, but there was a lot of Mould in the shower and bath. I was quite shocked too when I had left the dirty towels on the floor to be changed only to find that they had been folded up and put back on the towel rack, which meant that I did not know which towel was mine ( I knew which one was my sons because he had black marks on it from his feet). But there were 4 in the room, so not good for me.
The entertainment in the day was good and the animation team work very hard to keep people amused. We only went to an evening show once and they worked hard three too.
The staff for hair braiding and massage hassle you every day, I had to tell them that they were a nuisance in the end.
There is a swim up bar in one of the pools and 1 bar in the water park. A waiter does come around the main pool with a drinks trolly but you only see him about twice in the day, so you have to walk to other pools or bars to get a drink, otherwise you will die of thirst!
There are lots of pools and the waterpark itself does not open until 10am. You can get beds there no problem but if you want a spot in the main pool or the one next to it outside the waterpark, then you have to be up very early to get a bed, these are the chilled areas, and if you are like us with children then you will want to be at these pools so you are near to you room for the toilet, although the main pool was closed 4 days in a row for about 5 hours for cleaning because people had used the pool as a toilet which was disgusting. There is a beachside restaurant but it is limited selection. There is no late night snacks, so you need to fill up on dinner, or buy snacks in the shop. You need to look after your towels, as you are given a towel key and you only get that back if you hand in your towel. If you do not hand the towel key back then you are charged £10.
The mini fridge is stocked but is very expensive. I had mine emptied (which took 2 days for them to do). I asked for the other rooms fridge to be emptied but it never was and they drank 2 cans and 2 juices and was charged £8.
Children's club was good and the children enjoyed that. Going twice a day.
A trip is offered to go to watch a dolphin show and if you want to swim with the dolphins, which is great but, we found that it was only around the corner and probably would have cost half the price. You can see it from the top of the main slides.
The waterpark is good and you can have lots of fun on the rides, and there are no queues.
The lazy river is good but hard to get a rubber ring to float around on. We did not bother to use the al a cart restaurants as people we talked to said they weren't great.this hotel is completely manned by men and my husband said it needs a woman's touch as it could be cleaner. There are small lizards everywhere and they do get into your rooms, so be aware of them. We had to call a cleaner at 1 in the morning as there was tiny black worms all around the toilet which was disgusting. There is a seating area outside the restaurant where people gather in the evening (where they do bingo (which costs £5 for 2 tickets) but the seating is very uncomfortable especially if you are sitting there all evening.
There is wi fi in the lobby but, it is very slow. You can hire a wi if unit from Mohammed time tours for £20 and you can take this everywhere, good value if you want to be on the net a lot.
All in all it was ok but I do not think it is a 4* hotel. We do all inclusive every year and never lower than 4* and I have been to much better. I am glad we only did 1week this year as I could not have lasted 2 weeks there.
Everyone has their own opinion and this is ours, although we did speak to a few families whilst there and they felt the same and said they will never go back.

If you go outside of the hotel anywhere to shops beware, they hassle you! I thought Turkey was bad but that is mild compared to Egypt. All they say is no bloody hassle here and then hassle you to into there shop. They will not give you a price on anything until you have looked around there shop and want you to buy at least 2 things from the shop. We found this exhausting and ended up not wanting to go to the shops ( and I love shopping )' so please be aware of this.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just returned from Coral Sea Waterworld resort on 14/08/14. This was my second visit to the hotel in a year. I have to say I was well pleased again with the comfortable clean rooms, the food standards and selection and the service provided by all staff. I must say as a returning customer I was treated very well. We received a letter in our room welcoming us back, robes and slippers and plenty of towel art. My mum who was a first time guest and travelling with us received complimentary fruit platter delivered to her room.
We received brilliant rooms with amazing views. The rooms were room 2129, 2220 and 2221.
I Am so annoyed and angry at the fact that some English teenage guests thought it would be funny to use the pools as toilets and torture and distract lifeguards by messing about in watermark and refusing to use mats on slides. When a teenage boy hurt himself whilst messing around the lifeguard who had been abused by him a few hours earlier was kind enough to provide him with first aid and ice. Where were these teenagers parents ???? Probably away enjoying the rest of the facilities is this amazing hotel.
During our stay we received messages from home asking where we ok as the uk newspapers and sky news were broadcasting that there had been an outbreak of bug at the hotel. I never seen anybody being sick or on drips and there was nobody in our party of ten ill during our stay. Anyone I spoke to during my stay hadn't been I'll or seen any evidence of any sickness within the hotel.
My advice ignore the negative reviews and go and have a holiday of a lifetime !!!!
I and my family are already considering booking for next year can't wait to return to Sharm and I wouldn't dream of booking another hotel !

Room Tip: 2221 had an amazing view of main pools and beach amazing sunset views
9  Thank Joanneiqbal

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your return stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back next year. Please feel free to let us know once you have booked; we will do everything we can to make your 3rd stay with us even more memorable.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

just returned from an amazing two weeks holiday from coral sea waterworld it was gorgeous, this was my second time in egypt but first in this hotel! me and the family loved every min of it. the hotel was gorgeous from the food. the room and pools. the bar staff were all very funny and would always work so hard you got what you wanted.

the animation has to be the best i have seen in all my holidays abroad, they all work their socks off and always happy even in this heat and long hours. they have alot going on both in the day and at night. they have a range of activtives for the kids and adults and even for families to join in.the best showw by far was the animation show. but i would like to say a big shout out to elliot for being so friendly and outgoing, olliver for being a crazy man and jamie for just being the complete funny man that he is.

5  Thank aaron_metviver

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

we stayed here from 31st july for two weeks, and were already planning on going back, all the staff are amazing and helpful, very polite and always made my children smile especially Sayed whom is one of the waiters in the main dining area, he looked after us and always brought drinks and bottled water to our table, also Hesham and Hoosam whom are the barman in the ampitheatre were extremely friendly and helpfull, these 3 i have mentioned made our stay even more amazing! Reading previous comments about the animation team being rubbish......what the hell are you on about??? they spoke to us everytime they walked past and got my children involved in all activities, and as for someone saying Jamie from the animation team is immature and rude.....He is a childrens entertainer!!! his/theyre job is to be silly and entertaining and they always made myself, my husband and my children laugh! the resort in itself is spectacular as it was our first time abroad we didnt no what to expect but we were amazed by the beautiful views from around the hotel, the rooms are very spacious and always kept clean and was thrilled that we had a sea view room! we are really looking forward to returning next year :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Alison Leigh W

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.