“Best Egyptian Hotel so far... location, staff, service all first class” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Best Egyptian Hotel so far... location, staff, service all first class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Having travelled extensively in this fascinating country this particular holiday was to be a total relaxer- and it was that and more. Where to start in handing out accolades?
Firstly the restaurant staff namely Mohammed, Khaled, Cel and, in the "La Coralla",
Bahar (who went the extra 'mile' ) after a slightly disappointing main course. However. La Terrazzo was of a very high standard both in quality, variety and presentation overseen
by the ever watchful Mr. Alaa Eldein A. Elaziz.. For their wonderful attention and kindness
the lads within the beach area- Abdull, Hamdy,Naeem, and Maher (good luck for your
wedding) and lastly Ahmed Samir with whose help my wife was able to fulfil a long held
ambition to snorkel (first time ever).Must also mention the animation team-Amy( my wife has found a Zumba class!!) and Enrique-all good wishes to him and his new family
on their return to Eqypt.
On arrival we were given a room on the 7 th floor, it coincided with Pasha's Night Club
opening night and celebrations continued until dawn! Next morning we asked for a room change and were offered two options- we chose a groundfloor garden room
which was ideal for beach access and was relatively quiet. Subsequently we were
treated to an even higher level of service (if that's possible) and this contributed to a superb and memorable holiday.Looking forward to returning in November.

1 Thank r_davies24
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read of your accolades and the names of so many Employees mentioned who have ensured that you spend a memorable holiday Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

Thank you to have offered specifics with regards to the main course issue, through our personal correspondence, after reading your guest comment card left on your departure. We have adjusted right away on receiving the details.

We will be pleased to have you back in November, thanks once again to have stayed with us.

executiveoffice@stelladimaresharm.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I have stayed at a few 5 star hotels in my life but I enjoyed this one the most.
The feeling whilst staying at some other 5 start hotels is that they are so clean and precise that you feel you have to be on your best behaviour at all times.
Stella di Mare has a more relaxed, friendly and familiar feeling and the staff are the real key to the success here.
The hotel itself is elegant and architecturaly beautiful but the people are what set it apart. Right from the airport pickup (arrange this in advance) to the airport drop off, everyone was as friendly as could possibly be - and not in the fishing for tips kind of way, but just geniunely friendly and happy.
There are a huge variety of <free> daily exercises and sport activities hosted outside in the pool / beach area, free water top ups and fruit brought round throughout the day, water sports (additional costs apply) and a range of restaurants with stunningly good food.
Breakfast is a veritable feast of flavours and the dinner buffet is even more grand and at all times you are weighted on hand and foot.
Can't say enough good about this hotel and already recommended it to jealous friends upon returning home.
It really was so good you could quite happily arrive, not leave the hotel grounds once before going back to the airport and still have had the time of your life!!

Room Tip: Nightclub on 3rd floor. Higher level rooms quieter
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Laurence_Garnade
Dear Laurence_Garnade,

We hope you have returned to your activities totally relaxed after your recent vacation at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for this grand recognition awarded to our Employees’ customer service and for recommending the hotel to your jealous friends.

We wish to have you again soon in residence and are very grateful for your visit.

Cordially,

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Having just returned from the Stella, last night in fact. I was compelled to write a revue. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in (and I work away from home quite a lot). The hotel was extremely luxurious and the staff marvelous. I would like to draw attention to one member of staff who was so hardworking, Alaa Hany (hope that is spelt correctly) He was so obliging and knew what you wanted before you did.
We were on a half board which proved to have been the right decision as I could not possibly have eaten any more!!! The breakfasts were plentiful with a wonderful selection, my favorite was Eggs Benedict. The evening meal was also extremely good, I didn't have the same meal twice in 14 days and each time it was a real treat. The rooms were very well proportioned and very comfortable, our room which over looked Naama bay was very nice but sometimes quite noising in the early morning from the bars of Naama. It would have been nice to have been able to go for a walk, but there wasn't a path into the town and you had to use the bus. The hotel shuttle bus was very good, however it did drop you outside the markets and unfortunately you felt under pressure to buy!!! The day before we left the top pool was re-opened and it looked wonderful, however we liked the quiet of the beach and the bottom pool was very good. I think I only had one small problem (small being the operative word) because we were on half board we were paying for all our drinks, which were rather expensive, however you do tend to realise that you will have to pay more if you are staying in a quality hotel, however I did expect that the measures would have been more consistent, for example I like martini and when I ordered a martin with lemonade, I was presented with the smallest measure of martini I have ever had! They use the spirit measure instead of the larger fortified wine measure which is usual. Also our wine, when ordered by the glass also varied in size. I spoke with the assistant beverage manager who informed me that this should not be the case and I did notice on the last few days my martini got a little larger but still not European standard. However I would still recommend this hotel to anyone and will most certainly return.

3 Thank Denise123Sheffield
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Dear Customer,

I hope you have returned to your activities in great form and style after the delightful and relaxing holiday spent at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for your very positive returns and for recommending the hotel to others; we have taken into account your drink suggestion for adjustment/implementation.

We hope to have the pleasure of your presence in next to no time!

Wishing you excellent months ahead!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

This was our 3rd visit to the Stella Di Mare in 10 mths. What a wonderful hotel. As soon as we arrive we instantly relax and unwind. Its like a home from home to us now. The Stella Di Mare is Elegant and Luxurious. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The food is excellent, all tastes are catered for. The staff are very efficient, professional and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble if you need help or want something. Evertything you need for a fatastic holiday you will find at the Stella.
There are 5 individual beaches facing ont the Red sea and 2 swimming pools all have ample loungers all with parasols and tables and fresh towels everyday. The beach staff are very good and helpul from cleaning your sunglasses, to bringing some fresh melon , cools drinks and will spray you with cool water while you are sunbathing, the list is endless. The attention to detail at the Stella Di mare is second to none.
We are already planning our next visit in early September this year.
A very big THANK YOU to all the staff at the Stella Di Mare for a wonderful visit.

Dear Shona33,

It is such a pleasure to have you returning as family in your favorite residence, Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa!

Thank you for your continuous support and trust over the months, and the praise displayed in your written feedback.

We will be very content to welcome you with the extended family in September.

Very Warm Regards,

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

We spend Absolutely fantastic holiday in Stella di Mare Sharm.
Thanks to the all staff in the hotel for efficiency and excellent work. Rooms with sea view on Naama Bay, clean pools, absolutely delicious food (variety of well cooked sea food), very tolerant pleasant and open minded Animation team. Every day sport activities were facilitated by animators: stretching, aqua-gym, water ball, belly dance and so on.
Fantastic hotel location, three times a day Stella shuttle goes to Naama Bay.
I more that sure that I'll come back to this paradise and for sure will recommend Stella to all my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Polly_Tick
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your visit of Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa as well as for your glowing review which showcases the spirit of the hotel’s Employees.

We are very appreciative for your recommendation of the property to your friends and colleagues, and wish to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

We went when the hotel was virtually empty due to the unrest in other parts of Egypt, initially we were disappointed at the lack of holiday atmosphere but the high quaility of service and facilities turned this into an extremely relaxing and enjoyable week. The staff were friendly and helpful without being too intrusive and obviously took great pride in their hotel. (It was also interesting to discover that other peole we met who worked in Sharm also viewed the Stella as the best hotel in Sharm and aspired to work there).
For us the only drawback was that we enjoy walking and Naama Bay was so close but there was no coastal path to walk there (although we were given permission to use a staircase at a nearby hotel that allowed us to get straight down to the bay).
If we were to return to Sharm we would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jc1962
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very interesting feedback which highlights the quality stay you have experienced at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

We are grateful for choice being our hotel for your recent vacation and hope to have this privilege in the near future.

Taunton, Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

I have just returned from the Stella Di Mare, so this is hot of the press! To give you some background, my Wife and I went with First Choice on an all inclusive basis, just as the hotel seemed to be 'coming back to life', after the recent troubles in Egypt, although I don’t believe this hotel and Sharm in general were affected anyway.
As I have said in other reviews, I am an average kind of guy, middle age, middle income, that expects high standards in all aspects from a hotel.
There are so many positives about this hotel that you will have to forgive me if I miss some out, you will just have to go and experience them yourself!
Before I comment in more detail on the hotel, I will just mention First Choice. They provided the package, the flights were acceptable, on time etc from Bristol and transfers okay. Dawn the 'in resort' rep, was very good, conscientious, gave a good 'Welcome’ meeting and provided a personal service when needed, throughout our stay. The only gripe we had was that we did not receive notification from First Choice that one of the two main swimming pools (the one with swim up bar) would be out of action during our stay, they would have had plenty of time to Email us or write a letter. I do not necessarily place any blame on the hotel, as I understand they have to do maintenance in quieter times, and besides the other main pool was more than acceptable and we would probably have used it more given the choice anyway.
On to the hotel! From the moment we arrived the two main things we observed (and throughout) were the staff's attentiveness, and the cleanliness and upkeep of the hotel. We were given cool face towels and non-alcoholic 'Florida' Cocktails (which continually sampled through out our stay) whilst checking in, and were shown to our room which was clean and spacious - a Deluxe Double Sea View.
On that note, our view was of Naama Bay, and initially I was hoping for a view out to the Red Sea. We did however find out that most of those rooms were out of use during the current quiet period, and now on reflection, I believe our view was equally as good. I was woken by music from the Naama Bay clubs etc a couple of times during the early hours of the morning, something that might be worth considering during peak periods. Also on a similar note, some reviews have mentioned the hotel being in the airport flight path. Yes it is, but the aircraft are still reasonably high over the hotel, and not exactly 'sucking the tiles of the roof!' Besides they tended to come in one wave of about half a dozen or more later in the afternoon hardly disturbing, and more of a talking point. Again, this may change during peak periods?
The pool area and general grounds of the hotel were immaculate, the gardeners seemed to be discreetly constantly at work! We tended to always find a 'pitch' by the main lower pool, there was always a perfect spot to be had with sun beds a plenty. One special word must go to Alaa, the pool side attendant, who proved to be absolutely meticulous in going about his work. Always sociable without being over friendly he proved to be a reflection of the hotel and its staff in general.
One point I haven’t seen in any review is to take insect repellant! There didn’t ‘seem’ to be a lot ‘midges’ around but I was eaten alive! – Although it may just have been me.
We always ate in the main restaurant - La Terrazza, with the exception of a couple of times when we had lunch at the Beach Bar. The food was always plentiful and of a varied choice, the quality was outstanding with little or no ‘junk food’. We did considered eating in the two A La Carte Restaurants (there was a separate AI menu, or 20% off the regular menu), but these always seemed to be empty, a reflection on how quiet the hotel was generally, and not there undoubted high standard. We just wanted a bit more atmosphere in the main restaurant.
We used the Spa facilites most late afternoons, and Shuttle bus in to Naama Bay one morning. The Spa was excellent, I enjoyed the Sauna and Spa Pool particularly and my wife, the multi-gym equipment. The Hotel Shuttle Bus was punctual and convienient, although my wife did not like the harrassment that we got from the traders in Naama Bay itself. I am a slightly more seasoned traveller and was happy to give a polite but firm no!
I mention this at no particular time, but if I were to have one issue with the hotel, it would be the smoking policy - or should I say lack of it! It would seem the only place you cannot smoke, is in a restaurant. I don’t know if the hotel has no smoking bedrooms, but ours had an ashtray in it, although I must admit it didn’t smell of smoke. We found ourselves leaving the Lobby Bar seating area probably earlier than we might have done after our evening cocktail, because of adjacent smokers. Likewise, even though the sun beds are fairly well spread out in the pool area, we would still have smoke wafting over us from an adjacent group. I would personally at least like to see zoned areas in both places. There did seem to be a lot of Ukrainian people in the hotel and the majority of them seemed to smoke! I think Egypt and Ukraine do not have as tighter rules as we do in the UK - they will come around one day!
On the subject of the amount Ukrainian people in the hotel, they were certainly no worse than the lager drinking tattooed Brits that you tend to get abroad in other places!
Finally, we have stayed in many hotels around the world, catering for many different reasons, sightseeing, theme parks and beaches. I can honestly say that the Stella Di Mare is probably at the top of the list, although each has their own attributes. I would like to think that the very high standards during busy peak periods will be maintained, and to that end certainly intend to re-visit.

1 Thank HonestWayne
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your in-depth feedback after your recent vacation at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Sp. This sojourn leaves you relaxed and very satisfied of the hospitality experienced with a great intent to return!

We apologize for the closure of the central pool for renovation during your stay and appreciate as well your indulgence. As you have indeed stated, those operations can only be done during average occupancy level in order to enhance further customers’ comfort. Now this facility is fully operating.

As you have mentioned, there is no strict smoking regulations here, but we have recently segregated areas as non-smoking zones to ensure that all who desire, relax in the environment of their choice. We do have as well a good number of non-smoking rooms.

Dear Guest, thank you once more for your very positive returns and suggestions, we hope to have your presence again soon.