“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is a lovely hotel. It is immaculate through out. The rooms are all a nice size. It is worth noteing that the only differnce between the rooms is the actual view, appart from that they are all a carbon copy of each other. Food was fine, I wouldnt say 5* but we never went hungry and there was always something you could find that you would like. To see more fresh fruit would of been nice, instead of all the sweet deserts.
The staff at this hotel are faultless, every single one of them always has a smile and a hello, and they all work extremely hard. A special mention to Ibraheem - Baby !!! He was great, with a fantastic sense of humour and would always make us laugh, he always had our towels and bed ready on the beach.
The only downfall to this hotel is that the outside music and serving at the bar closes at 10pm.
We never had dinner until 8pm, so we never sat down for a drink before 9pm. It would have been nice to have been able to sit outside and chat with friends that you have made on holiday
and have a drink. Im not suggesting that the music should be blaring, but it was quite early to be sent inside to carry on drinking. Us Europeans dont experience alot of lovely warm weather so it would be nice to be able to sit outside !!!
Also there is a doctor based in the hotel, with his own little surgery. I got a allergic reaction against a mosquito bite, went to see him, he gave me an injection and some cream and I was fine within a couple of hours.
Theres plenty of sun beds ect to go around, so you dont have to be a German and be up at the crack of dawn to get a space.
If you want a quiet relaxing holiday in a beautiful hotel then this is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 7
7 Thank sunnysummer107
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guests,

We appreciate your excellent feedback and really pleased to read of your nice stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. Your review is a great recognition for all the Employees efforts.
Thank you for mentioning Mr. Ibrahim who have been special during your stay, he will be congratulated for doing the extra miles.
We have noted the areas that you believe need improvements to enhance clients’ satisfaction.
We would like to thank you for your visit and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,

executiveoffice@stelladimaresharm.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,145)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
West Sussex
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Six of us returned from our second stay at Stella Di Mare last week, and once again were not disappointed! Everything from the welcome, service, rooms, cleanliness and food, were all just excellent!
The boys dived every day, and the dive team are amazing, so friendly and helpful - a real asset to Stella Di Mare. Huge thanks to Vania for helping me sort their plans before our arrival :)
The food was great - something for everyone, and if you're wanting a massage ask for Anna, the Thai girl - the BEST masages in the world!!
We are hoping to return in Sep/Oct this year, can't wait!!!

Room Tip: Best to have a room on the 7th floor; the rooms I've stayed in both times have amazing views
4 Thank clareWestSussex
Dear Guests,

Thank you for the trust and loyalty extended to Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa in selecting our property for the second visit.
We appreciate your great feedback and mentioning the Employees and areas which have delivered to your expectations, they will be congratulated by myself!
We hope to welcome you again in your second home, Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

Best Regards.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

What a treat!!! We have spent 2 wonderful weeks in Stella Di Mare with our parents and kids ( 4 and 5 year old). We all felt very welcome and pampered, and really did not want leave!

From the moment we stepped through the doors of the hotel we were made to feel like the most long awaited guests. The check-in was so quick that we didn't even have time to finish our welcome mocktails! I had e-mailed the hotel with some requests and enquiries prior to arrival - every single one was fulfilled without another word. I found this to be the case throughout the entire stay. Anything we asked was immediately done - hot water to dilute kids' drinks (we arrived with the typical school kids coughs), espresso ristretto, a glass of water to accompany the coffee, you name it! I find it amazing that the workers would remember our little quirks considering how many people they have to cater for. Brilliant. The staff at the hotel are indeed their main asset - positive, helpful, polite, quick, multilingual, hard working, just excellent! Unfortunately I do not remember the names of every person who impressed me, because this level of service is considered the norm in Stella. Mohammed and Mishelle from the reception desk attended to many matters for me, always professionally and positively.

I will not spend too much time on the rooms - get a sea view room, the rest will be taken care of.

The food in La Terrazza was delicious and varied, with plenty of fresh juicy flavoursome salad and veggies, as well as fresh quality sea food at every meal. The only downside is that you are likely to put a bit of weight on! Oh, one thing I must mention - Foul Medamis at breakfast. Now, I would never ordinarily have beans for breakfast, but this dish was out of this world, try it with plenty of tahina and all the accompaniments, you will know what I mean!

The thing that stood out most for me was the attention bestowed on our kids - within a day of arrival they were called out by their names everywhere we went! Even at busiest times, the staff found time to play and joke with them and the kids felt important, which as a parent one appreciates. In particular, I would like to say thank you to Amr Issa, Zeyneb and Mohammed, as well as the wonderful chefs from La Terrazza, Ihab the lifeguard, Mohammed the diving aide for the rides in the cart, Ahmed "Hussain Bolt" from the beach bar and Mohammed the barman from Bubbles mini disco for the attention to our children.

I also enjoyed talking to Rosie and Ionela from the animation team, again very positive.

The spa is great, and the hair dressing salon is great value for money. My 5 year old niece had her hair braided - the guys kept her entertained for 2,5 hours! Lovely people.

Overall we had a wonderful vacation and cannot wait to go back. Shukran Stella Di Mare!

3 Thank BKS75
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have just returned from a late Easter holiday break. Having previously stayed at the Renaissance Golden View (Marriott) twice, we decided to have a change. We chose Stella because we could stay in a family room in the villas with separate room for our daughter.

The room was good, beds very comfortable and a limited sea view - but very quiet. I emailed guest relations in advance and they fulfilled my request for a quiet first floor room. A minor problem with hot water on the first night was very promptly and apologetically remedied.

The food was exceptional in the main restaurant - so much so that we didn't venture elsewhere either in the alternative restaurants at Stella, or further afield. Great variety of meat fish and veggie options, and child friendly pasta etc.

The hotel site itself is also excellent, very well maintained. The staff could not do more - cleaning sunglasses, mist spraying cool water, serving chilled fresh fruit around the pool, free water in the rooms and at dinner, a welcome change from other hotels. Drinks are a little pricey, but to be expected in this standard of hotel. My only complaint was that a cocktail was a little wishy washy - probably because the hotel has an all-inclusive option.

We will certainly return, couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the disco, rooms overlooking the main pool will hear the evening entertainm...
3 Thank Alihalimh
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Mr. Ali,
We appreciate the time taken to comment on your experience during your recent residence at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. Your feedback underlines a wonderful experience and we are grateful for your visit and recommendation of the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure to be of your service once again.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I took my boyfriend to Stella di Mare for his 40th birthday and had paid a high premium as it was April school holidays. Having read a number of reviews I settled on Stella DI Mara as I wanted to ensure it was a really good hotel. I booked and was very much looking forward to surprising him as he is a keen diver. The hotel itself is a really lovely hotel, very well maintained with lovely pools and gardens. I upgraded to a panoramic room as I wanted to have a great sea view and this did not dissapoint. The room was kept spotlessly and lots of different animals appeared in the shape of towels over the week. Before I arrived I had a number of questions which I emailed to the hotel and they were answered very quickly and to my satisfaction. I requested a room on the 6th floor as I was led to believe from this site that internet access was available on this floor via wifi - I did not find this to be the case but it was fine in the lobby.

The pool staff were amazing especially Bob who keep me entertained as I was alone for much of the day while my boyfriend was diving. He always had my bed ready in the spot I liked, provided laughter and fruit and spraydowns each day - a real gem!

The pool staff were also great at the bar especially Sheriff who was very helpful and friendly and always kept our drinks replenished. I think its a trend of all inclusives though drinks are usually served in small glass which are half full but that fine.

The only downfall for the whole time was the food it really was not great, not that you would go hungry it was just it seemed to all taste pretty much the same. Anyway we had a great time and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and staff just need the food to be improved and it would be perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Catherine D
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Mrs. Catherine
We are glad that you had a relaxing holiday provided by polite, efficient and genuinely helpful staff members in all areas.
Thank you to have taken the time to return your comments and for recommending Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

We wish to be again very soon of your service

Toronto
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed there over Easter 2012 and was incredibly happy with the hotel. We did upgrade our room to a superior. At the time the cost difference was not that much and yet got a beautiful sea view. The superior rooms were spacious, clean with a very large modern bathroom and a balcony.
What impressed me the most was the food. We did the all inclusive option and not only were the restaurants good (you get to try each one once on your visit under this food plan) but the food at the buffet had so many many options to choose from. . . I always found something to eat.
There were little details in the service that I liked, someone handing out fruit on the beach, cleaning your sun glasses and handing out water. The drink service was a bit slow not because the waiters weren't trying, but maybe a bit understaffed, but it didn't bother to much as I was on holiday and therefore not in a rush.
I have already recommended this hotel to friends and would therefore recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Orca1Toronto
Dear Mr.Orca,

Thank you for visiting Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa, we are grateful for your notable feedback and recommendation to your friends.

We hope to have the pleasure to host your family and you very soon.

Very Warm Regards,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My best mate and I didn't have especially high hopes of this place but we knew the weather would be okay and the hotel of a reasonable standard but in fact it well exceeded expectations. Rooms immaculate, tho ask to be well above the disco floor as that was quite noisy and we were put directly above it on the first night. However, the staff moved us promptly and politely when we expressed dissatisfaction. The beds are so comfy and the Egyptian cotton sheets made the whole sleeping experience heavenly. Suggest the hotel puts more outdoor tables and chairs out at both breakfast (when a queue used to form) and in the evening, as in February there was nowhere to sit outside and have a drink and the foyer where drinks are served is smoky and a little un-relaxed. The vast majority of staff were fab, friendly and cheerful though the ones again in the foyer bar, were grumpy and a total contrast. It seems odd that everything is inclusive but you can't ask for a bottle of water at table in the inclusive restaurant. Just a smallish glass is given if water is requested and a charge imposed for a bottle. Makes the hotel look niggardly & nit-picking when its usually so expansive. The pools and man-made beach are great and we saw wild dolphins within feet of where we swam twice that week. The snorkelling is excellent, and having just snorkelled the Maldives last summer I can say the quality was very similar with amazing fish and beautiful harmless purple jellyfish. We also did the star-gazing trip which was absolutely brilliant into the Sinai Desert to a Bedouin settlement with the SharmSky people and it gave you a little taste of the real Egypt as well as being informative, interesting and good value. Unless you don't mind being hassled, Nama Bay town at night is rather trying. Very aggressive sales pitches which put me off going though I just wanted to pick up some small family presents. Requests to be left alone met with abuse. I really think the Sharm tourist authority should tackle this aspect of the resort. Nevertheless, it was a really marvellous relaxing sunny and luxurious holiday thanks to the hotel, and I will be back next year if not before, with the rest of my family.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 7 overlooking the sea. Lower down the disco can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sarah C
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Mrs. Sarah,
We are very grateful for your stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and are glad that you have qualified your visit as excellent. and we feel humbly proud to have exceeded your expectations

We are very thankful for your positive feedback and will highly consider your suggestions in view to improve our operation, providing more accurate services and comfort for our Residents.

Dear Mrs. Sarah, Once more, Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty and thank you
to be part of the ever growing Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa family!
Looking forward to having back in next to no time