“Review of hotel Stella di mare & spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Review of hotel Stella di mare & spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

My family & I went on a 18 day holiday starting Boxing Day to Stella Di Mare. From the moment we arrived we were in heaven. The staff and the service were exemplary, we were treated as kings & queens. One day while at the pool my wife lost her earring, she asked one of the life guards if they come across it to let us know. The next minute the life guard was in the pool and within 5 minutes he had found the earring and returned it to my wife who as you can imagine was over the moon. This is just one example of how staff go out of their way to assist you. I myself don't eat meat but the hotel provides enough fresh fish & seafood which kept me very happy. For meat eaters there is a wide selection of meats ranging from duck to lamb to veal, chicken, turkey and beef. There is a wide range of delicious fresh salads and vegetables everyday and the desserts were Michelin standard.
As well as the main restaurant there are an Asian and Mediterranean restaurants. The hotel is spotless they are always cleaning. The animation team provide activities for children & grown ups a like and provide evening entertainment. The hotel even when full provides enough space that you feel as though it is quiet, you can always get a sun lounger, no need to put your towel down early. The new year party laid on by the hotel was fantastic, we have spent a few New Years on holiday and we can say Stella Di Mare put on a party that in London would have cost minimum £500 a ticket. This really is a 5 star hotel, great for couples young and old, as well as families. Our children are aged 6 and 9 and they loved every minute. It is 5 mins bus or taxi ride from Narmaa bay which is gr8. We will go back to this hotel without a doubt.

Room Tip: Choose a villa side room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Robert J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have just returned from our second visit to this wonderful hotel and once again everything was exceptional.
The pool and garden areas are delightful and spotless. There are more than enough sun beds and umbrellas to go around and some lovely places to sit/lie in the beautiful sunshine.
The staff around the pool areas are courteous and friendly; coming round regularly with fresh water and fruit and cleaning your sunglasses if you wish!
The food is fabulous. We loved the pasta dishes which are created in front of your eyes to your own specification. The desserts are a work of art. The steak is succulent and tasty. I could go on and on...! The waiters are wonderfully efficient and work very hard and nothing is too much trouble. The same can be said for Mohamed Sobhy in the lobby bar who runs around like a whippet, always busy but always smiling and so charming to the guests.
We met some wonderful people and a number of them recognised us from last year which was nice. The staff remember EVERYBODY by name which adds a real personal touch. We especially liked the friendly banter from Bob, Hamdy and Abdu who were all so kind, particularly when I had some pretty nasty mosquito bites! Abdu was so nice to talk to and encouraged and helped us to go into the sea from the jetty despite our initial apprehension.
Enrique (AKA Farooq) and his animation team worked really hard and put on some good shows along with a good outdoor program for the daytime. Stretching with Megan and her other colleagues on the lawns was a great start to the day.
We must also thank Romany who cleaned our gorgeous room which was on the second floor and overlooked the pool and sea. The towel sculptures he created were a work of art and very ingenious!
Omar the Concierge was a delightful young man who we used to talk to most evenings after dinner in the hotel lobby. He also wanted to ensure we were happy and that everything was OK. The reception staff were also very helpful and obliging and nothing was too much trouble.
Finally, we would sincerely like to thank Mr Ashraf Shenouda for allocating us such a fantastic room. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and the hotel arranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to our room and some fruit and hand-made chocolate desserts which were incredible. It was such a lovely surprise.
We were very honoured to meet Mr George Hanna the General Manager during our stay. He must surely be very proud of his staff who put customer care at the top of their agenda and give 110% at all times. Congratulations to you all.
We can’t wait to return to our “little piece of paradise” once more but, unfortunately, we will have to wait until next year but we have all our wonderful memories to keep us going until then!

Room Tip: We liked our room on the 2nd floor which overlooked the pool and sea.
Waregem, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We just came back from Stella Di Mare after a 10 days holiday. Friends recommended this hotel and I must confirm it is absolutely perfect. Friendly staff, nice views, close to the city center of naayma bay, direct on the beach, cosy rooms, fabulous sea views. Good food in thea la carte restaurants and a great variety of all inclusive drinks. We definitely come back to Stella Di Mare. Good memories.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

In all honesty, there are no words that I can write to truly describe this hotel and our stay here, so apologies for the long review from me on this but I hope you find it useful.
Let me start with some background information, I love to travel and am able to rough it in the middle of the East African wilderness with only a jumper as a pillow to the luxuries of Dubai and what it has to offer, so I am able to live within both extremes.
Our journey started mid April 2013 when another couple and I decided to book a couples trip to escape the wintery weather of the UK for NYE (my girlfriend at the time is lucky enough to have her birthday on NYE also therefore an added bonus). My friend extensively researched the locations and hotels and we had easily narrowed it down to Stella Di Mare based on all the reviews we read. In all the excitement and build up, I decided that this would be an amazing place to send my parents for their 60th birthday present so also booked this hotel for them in JULY, before I had even tested it out! I ended up emailing the amazing Aladdin a.k.a. Mr Ashraf Shenouda, who I harassed via numerous emails almost daily, to ensure my parents were safe and looked after on their first trip together for many years! I was not disappointed, the reviews and feedback from their trip was almost dreamlike and they were really well looked after. This made me even more excited for my visit! I think, in a bout of hysteria I guess, I decided that this was going to be the setting of where I propose to my girlfriend at the time! Big decision to make! But Aladdin (Ashraf) was on hand to deal with all my emails, queries, suggestions, ideas and uncertainties with regards to food arrangements, locations, ideas, uniqueness and overall that sense of WoW factor!
As any person that wants to make this occasion special, I wanted to ensure that every detail was taken care of, for this reason I truly did have umpteen emails fired across to Aladdin who was always courteous and happy to help over and beyond any other hotel would from what I have experienced. My girlfriend has severe Gluten and Dairy allergies, but Mr Ashraf ensured that on my arrival I met with the head chef, Mr Sherif Attia and Head of Food and Beverages Mr Shenouda who mentioned so many options and food choices for the week ahead that I was immensely relieved. For my proposal, they arranged a special breakfast that she could have, freshly made pancakes using ingredients she can have (she hasn't had pancakes since before the allergies so was over the moon!!! Thanks Chef Sheriff - especially for the recipe too!! :-) ) , they arranged a saxophone player to come and serenade us for an hour during the whole birthday surprise and proposal and they also decorated the room to Chelsea flower show standards with towel art and room décor. I am truly indebted and humbled by the amount of effort these guys had all put in for that big day and the entire week!! And the good news is.. SHE SAID YES!! :-)

Back to the review, as I could go on about the whole week on a day by day detail but sure I will run out of space soon.....
All the staff in and around the hotel are truly an asset to the Stella Di Mare. From the front office reception to the cleaners and the maintenance teams who all deserve some appreciation. The grounds are maintained to extremely high standards, lawn was always pristine and all outdoor areas were seen to be brushed and swept daily. During our stay, we stayed in rooms 836 (Deluxe Sea view) and 622 (Panoramic Sea View – where the proposal took place!), both rooms were of the utmost highest standards. Always cleaned and left as if a new room each time. I had read reviews where some guests had experienced worn out fittings etc.. I found this hard to be the case as the staff are proud about their fixtures and fittings coming from Italy and them being off the highest standards (as mentioned to us on several occasions by management). So even if it was mentioned to the staff they would immediately rectify such issues I believe. Room 622 was amazing, as Aladdin had mentioned. It overlooked the Red Sea from one window, and Naama Bay from the other. On my next visit I cant wait to just sit on the balcony and enjoy a glass of wine from this view.
We got a great deal on the Spa for all for of us (2 couples) and this involved a 2 hour treatment on the first day and 2 hours again at the end of the trip. Which was much needed and enjoyed though we thought that the last 2 hour session was somewhat rushed and not as luxurious as the first 2 hours at the start of the holiday. The outdoor heated pool near the Spa was beautiful and at approx 26+ degrees was always found to be a relaxing and quiet area.
The food in all the restaurants was amazing and we never tired of any of it. From breakfast in the main restaurant, to lunch by the pool and dinner in either the Asian restaurant or the main, the food and service was always impeccable. I once again need to thank both the Sherifs – Check Sherif and Manager Sherif. They were amazing to talk to at all levels and I do feel that we did bond with these two individuals in particular. My group did feel that without these two individuals, and their skills and expertise in managing their teams that this whole experience and holiday would be totally different.
Some names to look out for and who deserve a special thanks are: the lobby bar staff (Mohammed, Mina and the entire team there in the evenings and during the day) that greet you to the Malad/Mourad in the pool area, the swim-up pool area (Mustafa, Mohammed, Damien and the rest of the team in the area!!), Manager Sherif Moursi and Amir who were the best hotel restaurant managers we had seen - they truly care for the guests and their staff and are happy to roll up their shirts and help them out when needed. Ayoub one of the general managers and Habib (the one that runs all over the place) one of the waiters, also need a special mention as they were always a pleasure to talk to and very welcoming.
There is so much more I can and want to write but sure I have bored you throughout this... all in all.. this hotel is definitely setting the bar VERY VERY HIGH! If you have booked this hotel, then take time to know the staff, talk a little to the guys who are looking after you and I guarantee you will enjoy your experience there! You cannot always ensure that other guest staying there are walking around in the proper attire at all times, or are not going to be rude and abrupt, but this unfortunately comes from their backgrounds and what they are used. Based on hotel staff alone and the building as it is, I would happily rebook there without thinking twice.
PS- The NYE Gala Dinner was the best international event I have been too. The entertainment had kept guests from all cultures happy, the staff working on that tough day were attentive and courteous and the dinner that was put on was truly amazing and vast – Fit for a king. Thanks to both Sherifs, and Mr Ashraf ‘Aladdin’Shenouda. Cant wait to see you all again soon!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ShivC83
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

As soon as I arrived we were waited on hand and foot. The service was amazing and we had our doubts that it would be a snobby hotel at first and we wouldn't fit it, but this wasn't the case, everyone was so relaxed and was a truly warming environment. If you are travelling as a couple, family, solo or with friends or for business, whether you are Gay or straight everyone is treated like royalty! Me and my partner shared a deluxe comfort room (637) which came with a complimentary fruit, bottles of water every day, shampoos and conditioner as well as robes and slippers. Extremely clean throughout the hotel and pools were kept immaculate. Plenty to do if you don't want to venture out of the complex as we decided. All the food is great with plenty of choice and didn't get ill or have an upset tummy. The waiter service was amazing, every single member of staff went well out of there way for you. We will definitely be going back again this year! Already planning another trip soon and hopefully taking our families this time. Couldn't fault any bit of the holiday as the service was truly 5* luxury! All the reviews are TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if anyone wants to complain, Then I guess there just one go those people that like to find fault with anything.

Positives...

- Great Location
- Amazing Staff, excellent customer service.
- No tacky wrist bands or plastic glasses for AI guest, waiter service throughout ( We went B&B)
which worked out better for us.
- Amazing views and grounds.
- We both felt safe and relaxed throughout the hotel.
- Free safe
- Free Robes and slippers.
- Excellent Beaches, great for snorkelling ( Although not fit for infants or younger children, water is deep and you can't walk on the reefs) - There is a really small tiny beach but get there early if you have small children,Soon gets busy.
- Waiter service on the beach which we thought was great!
- Plenty of sun beds throughout the grounds. And fresh towels every day
- Family orientated
- Couples retreat
- Good Spa resort
- Amazing food
- Stylish, kinda 1920's 1930's modern Art deco feel throughout the Hotel.
-Value for money! ( we took £450 between us and lived liked kings, room service, drinks and food and tips, And still came back with £30)
-Excellent room service menu and very cheap for a 5*
I could go on but I won't!
-Staff was always friendly and always had a smile on there face. Never felt like we had to give tips, However, in the end we couldn't help but do so... if we could have tipped more we would have.

Negatives...

- Russian people are the most ignorant and rudest people I have ever been in contact with! Sorry for my genralising comment. - Someone should teach them how to say Thank you or even smile.
-Pillows are quite uncomfortable but the bed's are amazing, Can honestly say that my bed now feels rubbish and I'm need of a new one. We actually woke up this morning wondering where our coffee was and realised we had to make it ourselves, thats how great the service was.
-Shops need to have prices as they can look at you and charge however much they want to charge! Speaking from experience! as i bought 10 packs of golden Virginia for friends at 750LE which is like 65GBP when you could get them on the plane for £50!!! so Remember to haggle hard!
There's a free bus into Naama Bay, otherwise its a 20 minute walk. And there's not that much outside the hotel, until you get into the town centre.

A special thank you to Mohamed Ali (Room Cleaner) for making our experience more memorable and for all is great towel art!!
As well as Tamir (La scog waiter) and Mohamed in the lobby (Belle Vista waiter)!
And all other staff and management for making the experience so worth while!

Other then that you won't be disappointed , However, if you are looking for a tacky AI 18-30's resort then this isn't the place for you.

Hope to see you all soon and all the best!!
Darren & Michael.

Somerton,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

A return trip and as good/better than before.

Wonderful and happy staff who are commited to your satisfaction as well as remembering from previous visits. Met on the first night by a waiter who could remember drinks preferences from 13 months ago. On other days bumped into staff who demonstrably remembered us from previous visit. All were engaging. In addition, we remembered faces from the staff, suggesting low turnover of staff.

Kitchens and restaurant produced food that was varied, interesting and delicious. It also changed nightly. For this reason we did not look beyond the main restaurant, even though the other two looked tempting.

Discreet enquiries were made to ensure we were satisfied and happy with our stay on day 3 and later, as well as invition to cocktail party to meet various heads of departments for us to provide any feedback whilst relaxing with them.

Main lounge area (Bella Vista) had excellent live musician playing light and light classical music on violin and piano. Also a good 'animation team' with a good balance of nationalities and languages as well as being a tight knit team for their evening entertainment routines as well as their daytime activities. As with the core hotel staff, all were thoroughly approachable as well as seeking us out.

The reef sells itself. Two jetties, 150 metres plus apart. Different light throughout the day on the corals and fish bringing out the wonderful colours.

Didn't experience spa/fitness suite beyond the spa/jacuzzi pool but saw the general facilities, hence reason why it is only marked as a 4. The other two pools and reef provided all the swimming facilities you could ask for.

Walking through the door was very much a feeling of returning to a home from home ( or even a haven from home?).

Room Tip: Hotel website provides guidelines. Rooms can be facing back over Naama bay or straight out to sea...
2 Thank chilliman_gyro
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Just got back after a week in Stella di Mare and I have nothing but praise! Firstly the hotel itself is incredible and everything is clean and grand! It was my girlfriends birthday when I was there and the hotel put a complimentary birthday cake in the room which was an excellent suprise for her! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. We ate in the main restrurant and the food was very good and the staff always friendly and helpful. We were only bed and breakfast and the breakfast selection was varied with eggs, bacon and toast to fresh fruit, pancakes and waffles all of which were very nice! Me and my girlfriend spent most of our evenings drinking cocktails in the bar near reception and the staff here were very friendly and we always felt looked after! The pools were very nice and clean and the hotel provide towels for no extra charge! The hotel also has 2 jettys where we snorkelled which was amazing seeing all the different fish! We were also looked after by Jen who sorted the cake out for us and also made sure we were having a good time which was a nice touch! Overall this hotel was truely special and was the stand out memory from the whole holiday! Next time we visit Egypt we will be staying here and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If the weather isnt as warm use the jacuzzi which is heated!
2 Thank Ross101