Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$102
US$63
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
US$89
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$98
US$195
Priceline
  • Pool
4,929 results
All reviewsla scoglieranaama baymr georgeasian restaurantspecial thankslobby barmain restaurantsea viewamazing hotelrestaurant managerhalf boardinclusive menuguest relationsreception teamman made beachspecial mentionfish
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had read various reviews on Trip Advisor so when we arrived we were hoping for a brilliant hotel and were not disappointed. Be warned the hotel is big with a lot of rooms and guests to cater for, so you can perhaps excuse the odd hiccup . Check in was smooth, we paid extra for an upgrade from a super deluxe room on the 1st and 2nd floors to a panoramic view on floor 7 (room). It was a much better room with great views of the bay and over the pools and out to sea. The super deluxe rooms are pool level, very dark and noise from the pool . Antonio Fransis looked after us brilliantly, always assisting us in whatever we needed in our room. On a couple of occasions we had problems with our room, broken bath plug and electric problems but Antonio sorted thus out for us straight away so we were not affected. Buffet restaurant does look a bit tired and could do with sprucing up, but the manager and staff were brilliant. The food does not vary much from day to day and one evening there was nothing for me to eat that I liked, the manager accommodated me with freshly cooked food from the kitchen. We ate in the other two restaurants paying a supplement on top of the all inclusive . The service and food at these restaurants were very good, and the entertainment nights were brilliant with the saxophonist in action, he was brilliant. As it was our wedding anniversary my husband arranged a romantic meal on the beach, this was set out beautifully with lit candles and flower petals with great food, again this was extra but well worth it. Be warned, when we asked for Bacardi and coke, the waiter bought 2 bottles of Bacardi to our table asking us to choose, we obviously chose the original Bacardi not realising until we signed the bill that this was charged extra at £28 in addition to the all inclusive for 4 bacardi's, a lesson learnt ! We did not have problems getting sun beds, but although the hotel was busy it was not full, I'm am not sure how the hotel would cope in peak times as there does not look like there would be enough beds to go round. The sunbed guys on the beach by La Scogliara restaurant were brilliant, even cleaning your sunglasses and bringing iced water and melon to you everyday. The big problem was the sales guys and girls who do not leave you alone trying to sell you spa treatments, diving, golf, restaurant special evenings etc. we did complain about this and said how off putting and annoying it is and I mean annoying, but as we left they were still at it all day so nothing had changed? If you do decide to have spa, golf, diving etc, please do not accept the price they offer, you can reduce/ barter them down to silly prices. I was offered a spa treatment for 120 euros, next day it was 100 euros and I finally got it down to 40 euros! Apparently if you do not want to be bothered with all the sales hype on the beach you can ask your towel attendant for a red flag to put by your sunbed but we were not made aware of this until the end of the holiday when we complained ! My husband spent every day in the gym run by Ossama, who was brilliant and helped my husband with a few things . The gym is well equipped for the space available and overlooks the jacuzzi pool. There is a nightly disco in Bubbles situated by the buffet restaurant, we did go there one evening to have a look and ended up staying all night as the music was good once we told the DJ what to play. We did not venture out of the hotel for the 8 days that we were there, we wanted a restful holiday and that is what we got, we did have a couple of disturbed nights with people slamming their doors at night but you would expect this in any hotel. We met some lovely people who helped make our holiday special. We would definitely return to the Stella, we have stayed in three similar rated hotels in Sharm and they are all very much on the same rating which we would agree with. A BIG thank you to all the staff at the Stella who helped make our holiday so restful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachbabe38
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Beachbabe38,
We are glad that you enjoyed overall a very good and comfortable holiday and appreciate your valuable comments. We will certainly look at the areas to improve, ensuring a higher satisfaction on your return visit.

Thank you to have resided at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and taken the time to let us know how we are performing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

just returned from 10 days here. excellent service by most of the staff, particularly in the restaurant and lobby bar, who were attentive but not intrusive. Food was always really good, with plenty of healthy options. Mohammed in lobby bar was so efficient, how he managed to remember everything was very impressive. The manager of the Terrazzo restaurant runs a very efficient team of committed staff, who are busy the whole time making sure that drinks are provided, plates cleared and all done with smiles all day long. the animation staff were great and it was lovely to see two English girls well integrated into the team, getting people to join in the wide variety of activities, well done Ruby and Megan. thanks a lot Sarah and Phil D'Eath

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Mrs. Sarah,
We are glad to have been able to match your expectations through personalized attentions delivered by our friendly professional teams. And we will surely praise the Team Members who have delivered extra miles to ensure you that you enjoy a comfortable stay.
Once more, Thank you for staying with us, we wish to have the pleasure of your presence soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Its taken me some time to write this review as I was not sure quite what to say.

I have been fortunate to stay in some amazing hotels in my life all over the world. Given the reviews of Stella Di Mare I was sure my expectations would be surpassed. Sadly they weren't.

I will say from the outset that the staff are lovely. They do go out of their way to help and I can see my reviewers are so happy with their stay. Our room attendant George was great, he was very proud of his work and did his absolute best to bring a smile to our day.

The building is new but tired. It kind of reminded me of an out-of-town shopping centre which hasnt quite worked. You know the type where they havent quite managed to let units so they fill them with stuff that wast really designed to go there? The lobby is nice but as you work down, the emptier the hotel feels.

I paid extra for a sea view room. We had a very low room (level 2) and certainly had a sea view but the room itself was dark and the view wasnt all that. I suspect a higher room would have a better vista. The beds were comfortable but they only supply one pillow. I asked on several occasions for an extra pillow but it never came.

Also note that the hotel does not seem to supply conditioner although everything else was covered including razors and toothbrushes.

The main dining room had plenty of choice. Wasn't brilliant for vegetarians though but there was always the pasta station. My one piece of feedback here is that, although most dishes were very well labled, for some reason the salads were hit and miss. As a number of the salads were with fish or meat, it meant I couldnt risk getting the wrong dish and had to leave it. Dana spoke to us every day and she was lovely.

I planned towards the end of our trip to use the other restaurants and discovered, too late, that you have to book well in advance. I tried on a Wednesday to book the asian restaurant but was told the earliest I could use it was the following Monday. This surprised me as it always looked quite quiet. I also discovered, again too late, that the restaurants do have a limited number of fixed menu covers available on the allinclusive deal. Book early.

For new years eve the hotel organised a big party. We chose to go to the Mediterranean restaurant and it was brilliant. Great food and service, wine always topped up. I told them in advance my dietary requirements and they charged me much less for my food given I wasnt eating meet.

The spa was great. I spent more time there than anywhere else and they will do a good deal if you ask nicely.

In all it was OK. In my experience its an OK 4 star with good service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gster1977
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Some time ago we decided to spend Christmas and the New Year away from the English winter and as we had never been before thought we would try Sharm El Sheikh. Our next step was to check out Trip advisor to see which hotel has consistent excellent reviews and Stella Di Mare seemed to fit the bill. On this information we decided to stay for 4 weeks and upgrade to a Stella suite with sea view. After a smooth check in we realised this was no ordinary hotel, the lobby area is lovely, rather similar to a luxury ship where we enjoyed a welcome drink. We were treated with the utmost curtesy, then taken to our suite with lovely views over the red sea. The suite was exceptional and had a huge walk-in wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and shelves to accommodate the extra luggage we had brought. This would be our home for 1 month and we were more than happy ! We soon settled in and loved walking around the impeccable grounds, which are a credit to the gardeners. On Christmas eve the dining room looked quite magical with dining tables set in green and red covers with twinkling candles on each. The buffet that night was outstanding set against intricate vegetable and fruit carvings. Our next 'big night' was New Years Eve. Our daughter and family had already arrived to join us for the celebrations. The venue was held in the most enormous marquee set in the hotel grounds with no expense spared, this must have been the best party in Sharm!. We all danced until the early hours then returned to the lobby bar to wish all the lovely waiters a happy new year. There was plenty of friendly banter and photo taking and will be a night to remember for a long time. The General Mr Hanna runs a tight ship and must feel proud that his efforts and those of other senior managers have trained their staff and team members to such an extraordinary level of competence that from day 1 never waned. Our four weeks passed all too quickly and it was with genuine sadness we had to say goodbye to everyone who had made our stay so memorable. Will we return ? you bet we will, we have already pencilled in part of November this year and look forward to confirming with Jen in guest relations our lovely Stella suite. So until then our many thanks to everyone. SHOKRAN !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. COPJMAR,
We are very grateful for your post which is emphasizing the level of sincerity and care of our Employees while providing services, and the height of our hospitality, providing excellent hassle free and enjoyable sojourns to our guests.
We are so proud to be part of our growing family and pleased to have greatly topped your expectations and are grateful for your loyalty and trust.
Once more thank you for your visit at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa and wait for your return visit in November
Best Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Where do I start! Apart from saying a huge thank you to "all" the staff at Stella for making a very long awaited for holiday a fantastic & hugely relaxing experience.
I had been to Sham for a weeks holiday 4yrs ago to the Sonnester, after that I was in no rush to go back anywhere to Sham for a holiday but due as it turn out I have missed out in those last 4yrs!!
I cannot praise this hotel if (& I am fussy, somewhat hard to please) but I can't wait to return for my next holiday - sunshine heaven....
It was the comments on TripAdvisor that convinced me, so if you are reading this & still wondering if you should choose Stella di Mare from a checklist of others, then think no more - JUST BOOK IT!!!
From walking in the front door on arrival to a very sad departure it was perfect. The room well... excellent- spacious, extra clean, one of the most comfortable bed's I've slept in & the view "ShamAmazing". Food - what a variety buffet in the Terrazza left you wanting for nothing what ever time of the day. Two other resaurants italian & asian flare inclusive or al a cart the food is delicious. Whether you like the beach or prefer pool sunbathing again it's all catered for.
All this would not be so special if it wasn't for "the staff" they make the hotel & your holiday. I can't praise them enough. Mr Tawfik-Executive Housekeeper, nothing too much trouble -ask & it will be there (thank you). Mr Moursi - Catering Executive always present & makes you feel like your the only diner (thank you) & Mr George in the Scogliera a credit to the restaurant.
So...I hope this encourages you to book Stella di Mare -you wont be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Seaview deluxe room wherever in the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear iluvgoa,

I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees.
And we are very proud to have fulfilled your expectations on your first stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. And thank you for highly recommending our property and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist.

Thank you for mentioning the Team Members who stood out during your stay, they will be complimented for their valuable addition.

We wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.

Kind regards,