“Unexpectedly Good - take your snorkeling gear!!”

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was looking for a decent place, to spend 10 days with some good temperatures but in Mid April that can be challenging. After a lot of deliberation around MiddleEast, Caribbean, west africa and islands I went for Sharm El Sheik, I celebrated my wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday while we were out there so I was in communication with the guest relations staff early about that and (Olga in particular was brilliant) however the staff did us proud on that score, and the towel art really made me laugh especially the monkey!! nice one, . I did not expect to enjoy the town though, and in fact that was confirmed. The Stella De Mare hotel however is another thing again. Brilliant staff, everybody tried very hard to make my stay enjoyable. It has been voted No2 on tripadvisor for quite some time and for good reason. The hotel is south of Naarma Bay and on a small peninsula (so can get a bit windy occasionally), (an army camp is just down the peninsula and occasionally you can here them on the ranges. (quite comforting in light of recent troubles). On that front security was overall very good. the hotel has it has its own Section of coral reef, with two Jetty's, (with lifeguards), fantastic for snorkeling and quite a few guests took advantage of this. there is a large buffet style restaurant similar to most Al Inclusive style hotels with a good mix of food and food types, and two good other al la carte restaurants (you can even book your own private secluded/romantic sea front place. the restaurants are Asian/Mediterranean and Many people take their food (from the buffet) outside (which overlooks a large pool). There is entertainment every evening and an array of activties to get involved in during the eay. Enrique will help you find something if your the energetic type. The kids normally hang around the lower pool while the adults tend to hang about the upper pool. The Staff at the upper pool are nothing short of brilliant, Young Mohammed and the experienced Waleed and Hany will keep you refreshed and are more than helpful. quite frankly I found their approach, perfect for my needs. they were there when you needed them and not when you did not. Superb. Their is support staff who take care of the sun beds and towels and come around with fresh fruit and even clean your sunglasses. (all part of the excellent service here). The hotel has a small beach bar, and some man made beaches which are constructed on top of the cliff edge, (so technically no sandy beach) two great pools and a small (Jacuzzi Pool in the Spa). The Spa facilities are great with Steam room, Sauna, Private bookable Jacuzzi and all the normal treatments. (the spa is a franchise and I thought the level of selling from their rep very bad overly aggressive which I know annoyed and upset quite a few people. Don't let this overly influence your opinion though. All the major sporting events are on in one of the conference halls, and the conciege is on hand to offer advice and guidance. There is a bus service down to the town on regular times. This hotel is without doubt a great place to stay if your looking at Sharm. The mix of clients was roughly 30% Brits, 50% Russian and a small mix of Arabian and others. Overall the Russian contingent were pretty much as you expect. but this is becoming a much more popular place with the Brits. It is actually an old hotel in the style of an the old intercontinental chain with some more modern touches. The staff are clearly very proud of their facility and rightly so. It's very well maintained, very clean and extremely well organised. Outside of the hotel is Naama bay where there is an array of typical nightlife, (watching the waiters in the Hard Rock dance to YMCA was a bit weird, but very funny. Overall thought Naama bay was not for me, slightly worse than some of the popular turkish resorts it was too pushy and to well quite frankly dirty!, so after a couple of brief forays down there I decided to stay at the hotel, so as a result my decision not to book Al Inclusive was on reflection not the best one for this location. The food service and choices are pretty much the same for everybody, All Inclusive or not. It's expensive if your not all inclusive. I undertook an advanced PADI dive course with the in-hotel dive school. (Desert Rose), the staff were helpful and the open water and Boat trip dives very well organised although I did manage to do a couple of the qualifying dives off their own jetty. The diving by the way is brilliant and in point of fact I reckon 50% of the people you see around naama bay are there for the diving so everything else is secondary. Overall this hotel proved better than I expected and to such an extent I will definitely return. (All Inclusive next time).

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with at least some view of the Sea, The more expensive rooms offer more spac...
4  Thank tonesontheroad
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear tonesontheroad,

I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees, Thank you for highly praising the hotel’s Employees, this is very much appreciated and gratify for their constant efforts. Your congratulations will be passed to all of them and they will be complimented for their valuable addition.

We are grateful that you spent your 10-day’s vacation with us, and as well, we amply appreciate your exciting review.

Finally; I would like to take this opportunity to extend my warmest greetings on the two special occasions; and wish you and your wife a long life full of joy & happiness, and we wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.

Best wishes
George Hanna

Write a ReviewReviews (4,575)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here at Easter 2014 for 6 nights. Lovely, clean hotel with superb sea views; go for a room with sea view. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Thank you to Mustafa on the beach bar for serving extra cold rose wine at lunch times! Food is good with plenty of variety. Thank you for the gluten free pancakes; unfortunately this was the only gluten free item they offered and am glad I took my own gluten free rolls. The pools are fabulous and the water polo and aerobics good fun. We went on an all inclusive package with local drinks only but the wine was surprisingly good and they make a great Mojito at the pool swim up bar. Snorkelling is fantastic and no need for boat trip as the marine life by the hotel is plentiful. Spa is really nice but the offering of treatments is a little confusing.

Room Tip: Higher floors, sea view.
1  Thank Michelle L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel
beautiful well appointed rooms, cleaned every day with fresh bed liven and towels each day. Wide variety of food at every mealtime - something for everyone and excellent service all the staff were very attentive
would definitely visit again

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at Stella - last year the hotel and service was faultless and this year, I'm not sure how they stepped it up a notch. All the staff from Antonio who looked after our room, to Habib & Amir in the restaurants made you feel like you were the only guest in the hotel. Ashraf who is director of the rooms made a special effort to speak to us to ensure everything was catered for. Genuinely can stress enough how fantastic not only the hotel but the staff are. I would recommend anyone from couple to families to visit this hotel as they cater and manage all types of people. They are clean, organised and well mannered - everyone wore a smile and a friendly greet 24/7. Truly a 5* Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
1  Thank RishiB235
Reviewed 2 May 2014

exceeded our expectations, excellent customer service, great food & pleasant environment.
We were looking for a relaxing holiday so good that we didn't leave the hotel.

Definitely recommend this hotel however this is not a international 5*, the bathrooms feel a little dated but other than that very pleased!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here in January 2014. This hotel is the best five star you will find. We holiday 4 times a year and have never found another hotel to match this one for quality of service and food etc.
You are made to feel special at all levels. The other reviews on here which all give 5 star+ says it all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gordon P
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having been to Sharm many times before and having stayed in the Four Seasons I was concerned about booking to stay someone other than there. I need not have worried as the Stella Di Mare is really a beautiful hotel. I went with my 2 daughters and we were spoilt rotten! We had a lovely room overlooking the pool and the sea and the room was totally immaculate. (if I am being ever so slightly picky the bathroom was a little tired - old grouting and bath a bit stained - but still very clean)
Our room attendant, Sayed was so very friendly and made our room up absolutely beautifully - even arranging all my daughters many toys on the beds for them!
The restaurant staff are great - so very very friendly - nothing was too much trouble at all.
The animation team are simply great and a massive massive thank you must go to Alina who is so wonderful with the children, she is like the Pied Piper, all the children follow her everywhere! Wonderful, engaging and charming girl!
Kids disco - great!
Kids club - great! My children did not use it much but the facilities were amazing
Pool attendants and life guards at all pools are fabulous

The setting is just superb with the most divine little private beach

The grass is out of this world!

It is safe to say we had a great time

(My only one very slight comment would be about the amount of people that try to sell you things around the pool - this is annoying especially just after breakfast when you are being shown photographs of plates of food - it made me feel a bit queasy and actually put me off going to the restaurant where I had quite fancied it before!)

Otherwise a simply lovely hols!

We will come back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Louise B
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Louise B,
Thank you for your superb accolade review, which will certainly highly flatter all the Employees of Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa, assessing our hotel against the esteemed property mentioned!
We are pleased to have greatly topped your expectations and are grateful for your loyalty and trust. We will surely praise the Team Members who have delivered extra miles to ensure you that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.
Thank you once again; we anticipate your return shortly.
Best Regards