I was looking for a decent place, to spend 10 days with some good temperatures but in Mid April that can be challenging. After a lot of deliberation around MiddleEast, Caribbean, west africa and islands I went for Sharm El Sheik, I celebrated my wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday while we were out there so I was in communication with the guest relations staff early about that and (Olga in particular was brilliant) however the staff did us proud on that score, and the towel art really made me laugh especially the monkey!! nice one, . I did not expect to enjoy the town though, and in fact that was confirmed. The Stella De Mare hotel however is another thing again. Brilliant staff, everybody tried very hard to make my stay enjoyable. It has been voted No2 on tripadvisor for quite some time and for good reason. The hotel is south of Naarma Bay and on a small peninsula (so can get a bit windy occasionally), (an army camp is just down the peninsula and occasionally you can here them on the ranges. (quite comforting in light of recent troubles). On that front security was overall very good. the hotel has it has its own Section of coral reef, with two Jetty's, (with lifeguards), fantastic for snorkeling and quite a few guests took advantage of this. there is a large buffet style restaurant similar to most Al Inclusive style hotels with a good mix of food and food types, and two good other al la carte restaurants (you can even book your own private secluded/romantic sea front place. the restaurants are Asian/Mediterranean and Many people take their food (from the buffet) outside (which overlooks a large pool). There is entertainment every evening and an array of activties to get involved in during the eay. Enrique will help you find something if your the energetic type. The kids normally hang around the lower pool while the adults tend to hang about the upper pool. The Staff at the upper pool are nothing short of brilliant, Young Mohammed and the experienced Waleed and Hany will keep you refreshed and are more than helpful. quite frankly I found their approach, perfect for my needs. they were there when you needed them and not when you did not. Superb. Their is support staff who take care of the sun beds and towels and come around with fresh fruit and even clean your sunglasses. (all part of the excellent service here). The hotel has a small beach bar, and some man made beaches which are constructed on top of the cliff edge, (so technically no sandy beach) two great pools and a small (Jacuzzi Pool in the Spa). The Spa facilities are great with Steam room, Sauna, Private bookable Jacuzzi and all the normal treatments. (the spa is a franchise and I thought the level of selling from their rep very bad overly aggressive which I know annoyed and upset quite a few people. Don't let this overly influence your opinion though. All the major sporting events are on in one of the conference halls, and the conciege is on hand to offer advice and guidance. There is a bus service down to the town on regular times. This hotel is without doubt a great place to stay if your looking at Sharm. The mix of clients was roughly 30% Brits, 50% Russian and a small mix of Arabian and others. Overall the Russian contingent were pretty much as you expect. but this is becoming a much more popular place with the Brits. It is actually an old hotel in the style of an the old intercontinental chain with some more modern touches. The staff are clearly very proud of their facility and rightly so. It's very well maintained, very clean and extremely well organised. Outside of the hotel is Naama bay where there is an array of typical nightlife, (watching the waiters in the Hard Rock dance to YMCA was a bit weird, but very funny. Overall thought Naama bay was not for me, slightly worse than some of the popular turkish resorts it was too pushy and to well quite frankly dirty!, so after a couple of brief forays down there I decided to stay at the hotel, so as a result my decision not to book Al Inclusive was on reflection not the best one for this location. The food service and choices are pretty much the same for everybody, All Inclusive or not. It's expensive if your not all inclusive. I undertook an advanced PADI dive course with the in-hotel dive school. (Desert Rose), the staff were helpful and the open water and Boat trip dives very well organised although I did manage to do a couple of the qualifying dives off their own jetty. The diving by the way is brilliant and in point of fact I reckon 50% of the people you see around naama bay are there for the diving so everything else is secondary. Overall this hotel proved better than I expected and to such an extent I will definitely return. (All Inclusive next time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious 5-star full resort is located nearest to Naama Bay. Gourmet dining, expert diving lessons, and evening entertainment, all with stunning views of the Red Sea. The rooms at Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa feature a contemporary design, and are fully modern with flat screen TVs. Each room includes a private balcony or terrace. Stella di Mare has a state-of-the-art PADI diving center and training facilities on-site. A lavish 600 square meter spa and Wellness Center offers guests full relaxation. Saunas, steam baths, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi are available. Guests can swim in the Stella di Mare's grand outdoor pool, with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The Stella's acclaimed a la carte restaurants offer a variety of dishes from Mediterranean cuisine to Sushi, all prepared by a team of highly-trained international chefs. We also offer guests the chance to play golf on our fantastic short course. Guest's can play whilst enjoying spectacular views of the clear blue sea and can also benefit from our professional golf instructor. The Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa also provides its own evening entertainment program, featuring local Egyptian belly-dancers and international singers nightly. The Resort is located just 10 km from Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport. Free parking is available on-site. Hotel Rooms: 298. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel And Spa
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh