“Superb hotel - great service and value for money”

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here 27/04/14.I have been to Sharm for 13 years mainly scuba diving,but this was the first time since we got married with my wife.The hotel is immaculate,clean and well kept.Our room was on the second floor and had a sea view and a nice balcony,which was shaded so we could sit outside without getting too hot.The all inclusive pacakage is good value value for money,and you have an indoors restaurant,a pool bar and a beach snack bar,which you cn eat and drink at.The breakfast is fantastic with a huge amount of choice.Considering this is the Middle East,the breakfast is the closest I have come across to a normal English breakfast.The evening meals are buffet style and vary each evening,with a different theme(ie Italian)each evening and again choice is varied and the puddings are really nice.The staff are very polite and always try to be of help wherever possible.We even got sprayed down on our loungers with a nice scented water to cool us down,and fruit brought to us to eat ! The animation team offered classes,which included Yoga on the perfect lawns outside the hotel,water volleyball,aqua aerobics and cardio and tonning in the gym.Lots of familes and couples stayed here and it is suitable for both.Drinks were all local,and there is a lot to choose from,but all come part of the All Inclusive package.The animation team consisted of about 6 women and 2 men,and they are very welcoming,polite and a credit to the hotel.Also,thanks to the hotel for providing us with a cake upon arival for our honeymoon.We will be back as soon as possible.Just like to say a huge Thanks to all the staff at the hotel.PS Wifi is free and available,and reception on it is best in the huge lobby on the 7th floor.

Room Tip: Rooms with views across Naama bay are worth trying to get.Just email the hotel before booking.They r...
4  Thank ainswor
There are newer reviews for Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Stella Di Mare, having been to several all-inclusive resorts in Cuba, Mexico and North Africa previously. Our choice was primarily based on Trip Advisor rankings. Being as hotels #1 and #3 were twice the price of The Stella, we decided to go for this as all the reviews were nothing short of exemplary. We have come away rather disappointed.

Food was excellent in parts, but decidedly average in others. Highlights included our dinner at the Asian restaurant, which was varied and delicious. The omelette and waffle stations were also a favourite of ours. The salad bar was always fresh with plenty of different styles to choose from. Other that we found the food fairly bland and for the most part very salty. By the end of the week we were bored of the buffet choices and the somewhat limited menu available in the beach/pool cafés for all-inclusive customers.

Our room was small and basic. We backed onto the Spa pool but had a great view of the sea. It was clean and functional but far from luxurious. The bathroom in particular disappoints, with a poor finish and only a bath/shower hose to wash. There was a safe, however, which is always very welcome. Wifi was available but only worked intermittently, and when it did was fairly slow.

Service is a mixed bag to be honest. Without doubt the staff and friendly, enthusiastic and are very hardworking. However there were certain aspects of the customer service which were irritating, particularly the insistence on asking (literally) every 5 minutes during meals if everything was OK,
But also within 10 seconds of us returning to our room at the end of the day before we'd even had chance to put our bags down. Don't get us wrong, obviously you want to be asked and be given the opportunity to raise concerns and ask questions etc, but it did become a bit silly and did mean the holiday wasn't as relaxing as it could have been. Also be prepared to be bombarded when by the pool by representatives from the restaurants, spa, scuba/snorkelling companies and the animation team, some of which will give you an intense 10 minute spiel before you have to chance to say 'actually we ate there last night'.

The poorest part of the holiday though was for sure the evening entertainment, which was amusingly bad. I don't think the layout of the hotel helps, with the main platform for entertainment at one side of the pool and the seats arranged along the perimeter of the pool at the other side. This means that you feel strangely detached from it all. However, the actually acts themselves are pretty lame and don't do anything to appease the layout. Even on the beach where they have some of the entertainment it is decidedly lacklustre. On nights when the entertainment is down on the beach, there is no all-inclusive option for drinks which means you have to pay for them - this is unacceptable.

Please don't take this review as being a slur on the hotel - we enjoyed ourselves, the staff were lovely and we can understand why people like it, but our expectations were high (given the reviews and TA ranking). But compared to other all inclusives, particularly those in the Caribbean, I'm afraid the Stella Di Mare comes some way short.

10  Thank Wanabanana115
Reviewed 5 May 2014

As a family group of six, this was our fifth trip to Stella and we just didn't believe it could get even better, but it does!
Every single member of staff is highly trained, go out of their way for you and seem very proud to be working for Stella,
Some points and exceptional members of staff to be mentioned;
The wonderfully smooth and friendly check in with reception and concierge
Our excellent cleaner Hamdy - great work with the towel art!
All of my lovely friends at the Spa :) I shall miss you, Mido and his team are so very friendly, Ari (?) gives the best massage ever and please do not pay attention to the comments on here re Mohammed hassling you to have treatments - he will take no for an answer!
We based ourselves near the beach bar during the day and what can I say about the staff there except FANTASTIC! Mustafa ('Mr M') was just amazing and tended to our every need, such a great personality, so helpful and so very funny - we love you Mr M! Quite how those chefs at the small Beach Bar cook such amazing meals at lunchtime is beyond me, and amazing they are! One day we treated ourselves to the mixed seafood (additional charge), which was just gorgeous.
Also amazing is La Terazza - Sherif never fails to disappoint with his outstanding customer service, Amr the restaurant manager runs a great show - always offering for the chef to cook something different for my Sister ('the fussy one!') The food on offer is fantastic. Not forgetting our adorable waiter Ali :)
The pool boys are all wonderful, each one of them engaging every day with you, whether you are based in their area or not. Essam is so very helpful and friendly, whilst Walid and Hamdy ('Honey') are the same and run great teams. I have to mention 'Super Saber', who we made friends with last year and is just the nicest guy and the best pool boy!
The Pool Bar is great, with Hani being the Cocktail King!
We were on the 7th floor and the guys in the lobby bar were just as lovely as they always are.
The Animation Team are great, with Enrique and Ionela - they remember us every year, as we seem to participate in most things on offer! (not a 'devil child' in sight....)
The guys dived twice a day and now have the same instructor Hazeem, he and the dive boys always look after us :)
I cannot forget the gardeners, who are rarely mentioned - what a great job they do - in such high temperatures too, the gardens look like something from a magazine - these guys work so hard.
We had a bad experience in Naama Bay one evening, which we discussed with the Front Office Manager - this was something that was outside the scope of Stella, but still they investigated and put a solution in place - this was most appreciated.
My only criticism I have to say is those damn room doors! (beep beep beep beep beep beep, and so on) I think it is when people are coming back from Naama Bay late at night, this really effected sleep..
Finally I have to say a massive thank you to Mr Ashraf, extremely helpful and always wanting to ensure everything is fine.
This hotel and the staff get better each year :)
Simply cant wait to re-book another trip to our second home!

Room Tip: 7th floor with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank clareWestSussex
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at around 1030 pm the last few days of April and early May for our week long visit to be greeted by a very friendly reception team - we were accommodated to a very well appointed room change the next day with a better sea view, without any hassle.

Being vegetarians, food was an unnecessary prior concern for our all inclusive plan as the restaurant managers Amyr and Khaled were not only very hospitable but also extremely helpful with a good choice of food available from the buffet and ready willingness to make special fare for us all through our stay. We enjoyed the dishes on offer at the La Terraza Buffet Restaurant as well as the a la carte Mediterranean and Asian restaurants. The alcohol was all Egyptian unless you were willing to pay for the international varieties.

Olga, at guest relations, was excellent remembering our preferences and arranged for a late checkout without any prompting!

The house keeping was very good indeed and included bottled water in the room as well as limited laundry facilities in the all inclusive plan. The entertainment was also of a pretty good standard generally. Free wifi is available in the lobby areas and some public areas as well.

The pools and small beach areas were very well maintained and there was a very good balance between organised activities or doing your own thing. The waiters were very attentive - there was a constant supply of chilled drinking water, water melon slices, glass cleaning service etc. We made good friends with Sabr the on duty life guard. We extend our great appreciation to all the staff.

Access to the sea was very easy via a floating jetty at the end of the fixed one and snorkelling was very rewarding. Diving and off boat snorkelling was readily available.

We used the spa facilities with deals available from Mohammed who we nicknamed Clinger from the American army TV comedy MASH for his wheeling dealing approach.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sunil P
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was looking for a decent place, to spend 10 days with some good temperatures but in Mid April that can be challenging. After a lot of deliberation around MiddleEast, Caribbean, west africa and islands I went for Sharm El Sheik, I celebrated my wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday while we were out there so I was in communication with the guest relations staff early about that and (Olga in particular was brilliant) however the staff did us proud on that score, and the towel art really made me laugh especially the monkey!! nice one, . I did not expect to enjoy the town though, and in fact that was confirmed. The Stella De Mare hotel however is another thing again. Brilliant staff, everybody tried very hard to make my stay enjoyable. It has been voted No2 on tripadvisor for quite some time and for good reason. The hotel is south of Naarma Bay and on a small peninsula (so can get a bit windy occasionally), (an army camp is just down the peninsula and occasionally you can here them on the ranges. (quite comforting in light of recent troubles). On that front security was overall very good. the hotel has it has its own Section of coral reef, with two Jetty's, (with lifeguards), fantastic for snorkeling and quite a few guests took advantage of this. there is a large buffet style restaurant similar to most Al Inclusive style hotels with a good mix of food and food types, and two good other al la carte restaurants (you can even book your own private secluded/romantic sea front place. the restaurants are Asian/Mediterranean and Many people take their food (from the buffet) outside (which overlooks a large pool). There is entertainment every evening and an array of activties to get involved in during the eay. Enrique will help you find something if your the energetic type. The kids normally hang around the lower pool while the adults tend to hang about the upper pool. The Staff at the upper pool are nothing short of brilliant, Young Mohammed and the experienced Waleed and Hany will keep you refreshed and are more than helpful. quite frankly I found their approach, perfect for my needs. they were there when you needed them and not when you did not. Superb. Their is support staff who take care of the sun beds and towels and come around with fresh fruit and even clean your sunglasses. (all part of the excellent service here). The hotel has a small beach bar, and some man made beaches which are constructed on top of the cliff edge, (so technically no sandy beach) two great pools and a small (Jacuzzi Pool in the Spa). The Spa facilities are great with Steam room, Sauna, Private bookable Jacuzzi and all the normal treatments. (the spa is a franchise and I thought the level of selling from their rep very bad overly aggressive which I know annoyed and upset quite a few people. Don't let this overly influence your opinion though. All the major sporting events are on in one of the conference halls, and the conciege is on hand to offer advice and guidance. There is a bus service down to the town on regular times. This hotel is without doubt a great place to stay if your looking at Sharm. The mix of clients was roughly 30% Brits, 50% Russian and a small mix of Arabian and others. Overall the Russian contingent were pretty much as you expect. but this is becoming a much more popular place with the Brits. It is actually an old hotel in the style of an the old intercontinental chain with some more modern touches. The staff are clearly very proud of their facility and rightly so. It's very well maintained, very clean and extremely well organised. Outside of the hotel is Naama bay where there is an array of typical nightlife, (watching the waiters in the Hard Rock dance to YMCA was a bit weird, but very funny. Overall thought Naama bay was not for me, slightly worse than some of the popular turkish resorts it was too pushy and to well quite frankly dirty!, so after a couple of brief forays down there I decided to stay at the hotel, so as a result my decision not to book Al Inclusive was on reflection not the best one for this location. The food service and choices are pretty much the same for everybody, All Inclusive or not. It's expensive if your not all inclusive. I undertook an advanced PADI dive course with the in-hotel dive school. (Desert Rose), the staff were helpful and the open water and Boat trip dives very well organised although I did manage to do a couple of the qualifying dives off their own jetty. The diving by the way is brilliant and in point of fact I reckon 50% of the people you see around naama bay are there for the diving so everything else is secondary. Overall this hotel proved better than I expected and to such an extent I will definitely return. (All Inclusive next time).

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with at least some view of the Sea, The more expensive rooms offer more spac...
4  Thank tonesontheroad
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear tonesontheroad,

I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees, Thank you for highly praising the hotel’s Employees, this is very much appreciated and gratify for their constant efforts. Your congratulations will be passed to all of them and they will be complimented for their valuable addition.

We are grateful that you spent your 10-day’s vacation with us, and as well, we amply appreciate your exciting review.

Finally; I would like to take this opportunity to extend my warmest greetings on the two special occasions; and wish you and your wife a long life full of joy & happiness, and we wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.

Best wishes
George Hanna

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here at Easter 2014 for 6 nights. Lovely, clean hotel with superb sea views; go for a room with sea view. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Thank you to Mustafa on the beach bar for serving extra cold rose wine at lunch times! Food is good with plenty of variety. Thank you for the gluten free pancakes; unfortunately this was the only gluten free item they offered and am glad I took my own gluten free rolls. The pools are fabulous and the water polo and aerobics good fun. We went on an all inclusive package with local drinks only but the wine was surprisingly good and they make a great Mojito at the pool swim up bar. Snorkelling is fantastic and no need for boat trip as the marine life by the hotel is plentiful. Spa is really nice but the offering of treatments is a little confusing.

Room Tip: Higher floors, sea view.
1  Thank Michelle L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel
beautiful well appointed rooms, cleaned every day with fresh bed liven and towels each day. Wide variety of food at every mealtime - something for everyone and excellent service all the staff were very attentive
would definitely visit again