“Could not be more perfect”

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have just come back from our holiday in Stella Di Mare Hotel in Sharm El Sheik.
We have enjoyed 11 days and I have to admit, it was not enough. First time in my life, I did not want to go home. Please trust me when I say, if I could I would never leave this place...
When we arrived to the hotel, we have been surprised with very warm welcome, and one fresh drink. Check in was very fast, after 5 minutes we have been in our room and only 2 minutes later our luggage has been delivered.
When we entered the room (superior deluxe), another surprise was waiting, Honeymoon cake prepared just for two of us, and the letter with the best wishes in behalf of Stella Di Mare hotel.
It was magical moment, something like my dream comes true!
Room was great, very clean, very nicely decorated with flowers and different towel shapes on our bad...like a magic. Real towel art...Every single day different surprise was waiting, very amassing and amusing experience :) In our room, we had also free internet access, and sea view. It was the best sea view ever.
The lobby area was very clean, nicely decorated with flowers and plants, and at the evening it was very romantic place, with man playing the violin, so we could enjoy the moment while we ware drinking or simply seating in the lobby.
At the restaurant same story as well. Very clean and nice with the kind and polite staff, doing their best to make you feel like you are the most important person on the world.
Food was excellent, beautifully presented in a buffet style, offering a very wide choice of foods. Every night we had different theme and stage show in accordance with.
Pool area with daily entertainment and beach area left us speechless. Everything was in order, very well organized and the beach guys were amaising, as soon as you chose your sunbed they ware there with a freshly laundered towel placed on the lounger for you. They were serving you with wather, froots or coctails, or whatever you need to make you more comfortable. Free We Fe was also available at the beach. To be honest, I have not even looked at my phone, since I had unique animation - all colors and types of fishes :) The most beatifull sea on the world, so frendly and live :)
In case you are not fun of the beach, you can spend your time in very nice SPA center, enjoying the massage or you can spend your time in nice Gym.
Free jacuzi was available on the 4th floor as well.
And if you would like to go out free mini bus to center of Nama Bay was available as well, but reservation was required.
Or if you need anything else, they will manage that for you.

This was our first stay in Egipt and sertenly not the last, so I will be free to say that this is THE BEST hotel on the world, and you may dissagree, but anyway, this was not the storry about facility or the furniture or the food...This was the story about this place, about the people who made this place so unique and so special. They are simpley amaizing, they make you feel like you are the king or the kween of the world.
Even if this holiday could not be more perfect they were asking us all the time if they could do something more.
At the end I would like especialy to thank you to Mr. Ayoub Tawfik (Executive housekeeper), Mr. Hany Khalyl (roomkeeper) Ms Elena (gest relationsheep) and Mr Mostafa Ahmady (from the beach).

Sincerely
Biljana
On

Room Tip: If you prefer the view, ask for the room at the 8 floor, right side Otherwise, ask for the room on...
7  Thank Biljana P

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sharmers!!

We love Sharm and have been several times and this is our favourite hotel yet.

We don't intend to stay anywhere else from now on (unless we win the lottery and could afford to try the Four Seasons!)

The staff make this hotel the hotel it is. They are amazing, so friendly and are always happy to go above the call of duty to make your holiday special.

The food here is exquisite. Which is really important to consider when booking all inclusive. The food in the main restaurant is beautifully presented in a buffet style, offering a wide variety of foods to suit any palette. The watermelon art on display was just fascinating. Food was served at an appropriate temperature of either hot or chilled. (Not warm). We ate lots of salad and had ice in drinks without any problems.

Breakfast was particularly good and I cannot think of any choice of breakfast that wasn't included; cereals, variety of breads, freshly made waffles to order, fruits, jams, yogurts, juices etc, I can even recall there was 4 choices of honey to chose from!! We particularly liked the Egg Station where eggs or an omelette was cooked to your liking, and the little shot glasses filled with chopped apple, oats, yogurt and honey were delicious.

The evening buffet had a different theme each night which provided variety for those who require it, however there's so much to chose from this isn't a problem. There is the standard 'English' type meals offered daily eg burgers, fish n chips ect however we didn't go for those foods as we like to try something new. Just by putting a tiny bit of food from what we fancied on our plate we ended up walking back to the table with a mountain. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection.

During the day we had snacks from the beach or pool bar, again amazing freshly made food, wraps, salads or pizza ect made to order, probably one of the best pizza ever!! (Beats Pizza Hut/Domino's) etc

The hotel is kept very clean and tidy with good facilities. We noticed that staff don't even take the lift without taking out a cloth and polishing as they go!
I honestly can't say a bad word about it.

The towel guys are so efficient, as soon as you chose which sunbed you want to use they are there with a freshly laundered towel placed on the lounger for you.

The hotel offers free wifi, which I wasn't aware of on booking, so an added bonus as internet costs are so expensive in Eygyt. Unfortunately we were unable to get it in our room as it was situated away from the main areas but an Ethernet cable was quickly provided for use with our laptop in the room.

On our first day we were approached by a couple of people showing us what facilities were available to us at the hotel; water sports, spa, al a cart restaurants. We wasn't made to feel pressured to buy anything from them, just mere information sharing. From then on the guys remembered they'd already spoken to us, gave us a friendly hello, and just made themselves available for us to approach them if we wanted anything.

All the staff are fantastic, remembered us, and made us feel special but in particular I would like to thank (sorry if we've spelt any names wrong and missed people out):

Ahmed Abrahiam - the most amazing pool bar tender there is. What a lovely bloke. He was genuinely interested in us and remembered a lot about us and we got to know him well. We want to return to see our friend.

Hussan Elgmal. Another happy helpful waiter that worked well in a team at the pool bar.

Hazem Hamdy. Really nice waiter in the main restaurant. Provided us with after dinner entertainment by showing us funny videos on his phone.

Also Adel Saad & Ahmed Fari from the restaurant were polite pleasant young men.

Mostafa Ahmady & Kasim from the beach bar were nice guys. Always happy and smiling and on the ball.
The waiter with the blue shirt always on the back was also very nice but unfortunately we didn't get his name.

Baseem Hamy - worked from the La Scogliera restaurant and served us during the day. He's a really nice down to earth, fun, cheeky chap. We got on well with him. ("No excuses"!)

Also the warm friendly waiter who pleasantly informed us about the La Scogliera restaurant with no pressure selling. We decided to go just because of how nice he was but we didn't get his name.

Also Masoud and Habib from the restaurant were great funny guys that made us feel warm and welcome.

Ahmed Sami - really nice cheeky waiter from the lobby bar. Always smiling and made you feel very welcome. We could have a good laugh with him. ("Alright Mate"!)

Ahmed Sayed from reception.
Lovely guy who went that extra mile on our last day after we had checked out of our room at 12pm and our flight wasn't until 9pm, by providing us with a secure area to leave our luggage that we could access so we could chill by the pool, and letting us use a spare room close to reception where our bags were for a quick shower before we left.

Jack the water sports guy. Funny man never pressured us to buy.

And of course we can't forget the truely amazing hunny the housekeeper. He looked after us very well and left some amazing towel art for us to enjoy. He was always happy and smiling a loved helping. What a nice guy.

Sorry to those we haven't mentioned. All the staff make it the hotel it is.

The only issue we had, which is at no fault of the hotel, was how rude a certain clientele (Russian) can be towards the staff. We were laid relaxing on the beach one day and a family came to our far left, the man immediately started loud whistling towards us and waving his hands like he was beckoning a dog. We wondered what was happeneing! Turns out he was beckoning the waiter at the bar on our right. SO RUDE .
However the waiter was so professional and gave them instant service with a smile. We just wanted to go and throw their drinks at them!!!! There's 'No excuse' for lack of manners!!

Can't fault this place. !

Rob & Angeline
Sheffield

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Cherry360
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a fanstatic but exhasuting trip on the Nile, we arrived at Stella Di Mare and enjoyed 3 days of absolute joy. Rooms were good, beaches great and swiiming pool areas. Buffet food good, just 1 day small incident where food was not being replensihed quick enough but as soon as we made a complaint they fell over backwards to ensure buffet food was tip top.

Beach service was amazing being sprayed with cold flowered water, having your sunglasses and reading glasses cleaned, and fruit being offered while lying in sun.

3  Thank CKIM
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have just returned from one week's stay at Stella. To contextualise, I travel on business twice a month and have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels across the world.

Quite simply: Stella is undoubtedly the best. If I tried to find a fault, I would fail. I travelled alone for this week - booked fairly last minute. But at no time felt alone.

The staff are simply fantastic. No matter what their role or function, everyone greets you with a smile and a welcome and delivers their service with quiet but powerful efficiency. For me personally, a huge thanks to Hany - who serviced my room several times a day and created the magnificent towel sculptures. To Ahmed, who's only role is to cook omelettes at breakfast but did so in the incredibly heat of the open kitchen and with a constant smile. To the restaurant manager (Im so sorry that I didnt get your name!) and the many pool staff that made sure that I wanted for nothing.

The cleanliness of the hotel is beyond reproach. Quietly but so efficiently, the staff are constantly cleaning all areas.

The food is, again, beyond reproach. The a la carte menu is somewhat limited by that is a strength. What is delivered is just what you ordered. I booked on a B&B basis but most evenings I chose the buffet option in the main restaurant. The theme of the food changed daily and there was quality, choice and volumes to satisfy just about anybody.

The hotel provides an activities programme delivered through their "animation team". Great team - huge thanks and hugs to Lina, Alina, Sara, Megan and the others. Personally, I went for the stretching classes under the palm tress, followed by morning pool volleyball, followed by afternoon pool volleyball and finally beach volleyball. If that sounds exhausting, it suited me perfectly.

I could go on and on but I'm guessing you get the point. The Stella di Mare is a relatively undiscovered gem and I am so happy to have found it.

I will be back! :-)

Room Tip: Can't add much, except that my room - 254 - was just perfect. It was a twin, but no problems wit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank MrMr2011
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have recently returned from a 7 day break at Stella Di Mare, I can honestly say it was the best holiday I have had and the best hotel. The hotel is spotless, our room was spacious, excellent choice of meals especially as I am a vegetarian. The beach at the back of the hotel was superb which is where we spent our time when we weren't exploring Sharm El Sheikh. After you make your way down the jetting onto the floating platforms the snorkelling was incredible.
But what really made our hotel was the extremely attentive and fabulous staff , Mohamed Taha who clean our room everyday and left some wonderful towel art. Sadek who served us drinks at the beach bar and Ibraham who found a sun bed, brought us melon, sprayed me with ice cold water and everyday cleaned my glasses were so friendly and happy and always made us laugh. Then us course Yousef Rezk who served us cocktails every night these staff really made the holiday very special. Thank you

7  Thank Jo J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the stella in June 2014.... the hotel was very clean & safe, plenty of variety when it came to meal times & thoroughly enjoyable. We went snorkeling which was amazing & would highly recommend the boat trip from sharks bay. All the staff were fab, but the names we can remember are Tamer in the restaurant, Mohammed from the pool bar, Hamesh who cleaned the rooms & has a wonderful talent for towel art & the guys giving out the towels. Its also only a short transfer from airport to hotel....We will definitely return one day.

Room Tip: Room 707..... lovely view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank zulubadge
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have recently returned from a 10 day stay at Stella Di Mare and we can truly say this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The hotel is lovely, so clean, food was fantastic and such great choice. We stayed all inclusive and I would definitely recommend this! The staff were brilliant - If you were to visit Stella - please try and speak with Sherif the restaurant manager he become a great friend whilst we were there and Miso (one of the pool attendant's) he was great fun during the day - cooling us off with cold water, keep ours beds for us and making us laugh all day!! A must if you are going to Sharm

Room Tip: I would choose a pool or sea view if we were to return
4  Thank Marie A