“Still one of the best”

Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bucharest, Romania
“Still one of the best”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is still in excellent shape, its personnel keeps their traditional high quality services even if, around, Sharm el-Sheick suffered a lot after the latest events in Egypt.
The atmosphere is great, the beach almost perfect (just no enough sand) but if you like large sandy beaches Egypt shouldn't be the first choice.
Speaking about water, corals, marine life you should see it to feel why Red Sea is not Caribe, Mediterranean Sea or else (except the Indian Ocean islands and, of course, the Great Reef, Australia).
Chose Stella di Mare for a perfect vacation.

Room Tip: Any room with sea view do not means full sea view so you should check the room position if this is a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bogdan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hello folks, stayed in the Stella di mare hotel from 20th jily till 2nd august room 623...what a view,,,my partner and myself had a fantastic 2 week holiday and would recommend this hotel to everyone,,,,From arriving at the hotel and till the moment the courtesy bus dropped us back at the airport we were treated like Royalty....Nothing is too much for the hotel and the tremendous staff ,,,The rooms are beautiful and spotless, the housekeeping also fantastic,,,the food is tremendous and of the highest quality ,both a la carte awesome,as is the buiffet,,the beach bar, pool bar,and lobby bar brilliant with the fantastic barman and waiters...Then the management ,,,,never ever been in a 5 star hotel were you met the management daily and also the positive feeling as they constantly ask your feelings and welcome feedback,,,,,i cannot at any point think of a negative in the hotel ,,, Mr george , mr ashraf ,mr shenouda, mr youseff..and all other managers and assistants and to every staff member ,,,,thank you very much for the 2 week hoiliday myself and Sherry had at the hotel.....i will mention ,,,the golf, snorkel and other points in another post as i have been back busy at work from arriving back on sunday .....any questions from anybody will be welcome and any advise neede be no problem to me....Joe and Sherry very happy friends of Stella di mare .....
...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gasboard
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What can I say about our stay at the Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa. Firstly my partner did a great deal of research into hotels in Sharm El Sheikh before we booked the holiday for us and our 5 children. This hotel was listed as the number two hotel in Sharm El Sheikh and I can honestly say that after our visit it should be number 1. Our arrival was delayed and we did not get to the hotel until approximately midnight, however we were greeted by very friendly staff in the lobby, shown to a seat and asked what we would like to drink. We were then told that as the hotel had been expecting us they had kept the restaurant open yet there was still no urgency to get us in there. I guess this set the standard for the next two weeks stay. There are so many positive things to say I will try and get as many of them in as possible.

The restaurant - firstly the choice of food is immense, there really is something to cater for everyone's taste (the vegetable curry at lunchtime was a personal favourite of mine), and even if you don't see something you like ask and the staff will do everything to accommodate your request. Having had many chats with the restaurant manager he informed us that everything in this hotel is prepared fresh onsite by his 75 staff "from farm to fork". Now being the size our family was the staff soon made friends with us and our children, and I think that it may have even been after the first day that our drinks order was remembered and two portions of fries for the kids. Our breakfast, lunch and dinner dining experiences were made even more pleasurable by Mohammed, Hossam, Samoull, Tamer and Ahmed. They always had time to say hello, always had a smile on their faces and more importantly were fantastic with our children.

The Spa - Your first day around the pool you are greeted with the staff from various parts of the hotel trying to get you to book an excursion etc. A special mention would go to Mohammed in the spa who explained about the treatments that we could have as a couple. Now being a family of 7 we did not expect to be able to have any real time together but he explained that he would take care of the children while we have a two hour spa session at the beginning and at the end of our holiday. We were a little nervous of course, however the children loved it they played pool, table tennis, table football and were even given massages themselves. Mohammed always made a point of saying hello to us all and i must say the spa experience was fantastic for us both too.

The Pool - Ashraff & Saber always made sure that we had our seven beds each morning just a little wave across the pool before we went to breakfast was enough to get the sun beds made and two life jackets every day for the little ones. Milad was always on hand to provide your fresh cold drinks and food from the beach bar again always with a smile on his face too.

Entertainment - The animation team by day around the pool were on hand for the activities for adults and also for the children in the kids club. Our thanks would go to Mira for keeping the little ones entertained in kids club and the mini disco every night. Spacial thanks to Megan whom our children developed a very close relationship with and Sara, Alina and Lena too.

Rooms - The rooms were kept well maintained by Sameh our housekeeper. The children always looked forward to his towel creations which were amazing, elephant, rabbit, swan, monkey and my personal favourite was the crocodile. He was always very pleasant every day and if we needed anything such as more soft drinks or fresh towels on our last day it was never too much trouble.

I know other people mentioned tipping the staff early on in their stay, however we did not do this until our last day in the hotel and we still received first class service every step of the way. I will be emailing the management with the names of the staff that made our stay one we will never forget. Our departure was a very emotional one especially for our children as a number of the staff I have mentioned all came up to the lobby to bid us farewell. So if you are considering a visit to Sharm El Sheikh then you would not need to waste any time looking at other hotels just book into the Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa. You will not be disappointed I guarantee it.

6 Thank Terry L
Surrey, England
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have just returned from our family all inclusive holiday at the lovely Stella Di Mare and on the whole had a wonderful, relaxing time! The hotel is beautiful from the lobby to the amazing views over the Red sea. Lets start with our rooms which were 254 and 255 they had lovely views over the lower pool with the waterfall and the sea, the rooms were of a good standard, clean and nicely decorated they have all the usual things included, tea+coffee making facilities,hairdryer,free safe,mini bar (all though be careful only the soft drinks,water and juice are included in AI) nice touches were the slippers and robes and all the tolietries which included lofa,body wash,toothbrushes,razor set,shampoo etc and you also get 5 items of clothing per person per week of free laundry done which is something we have never had before on previous AI holidays.The bed was comfy and huge! We had a very good cleaner, who kept the rooms spotless and was very good at the towel art specially on my daughters birthday, it was beautiful and really made her day.

Restaurants and food - The La terrazza buffet restaurant was very good! As with all AI buffet style restaurants it does get a little "samey" but there is always enough choice to choose something you have not had before and most evenings there was a different theme.
On my daughters 16th we went to the Asian restaurant La Scogliera and ordered from the AI menu, we sat outside on the terrace overlooking the sea, it was beautiful, it just needed a bit more lighting it was difficult to see what you were eating but the food was very good, maybe a touch spicy but they ask depending on the dish you choose how you like it. They made sure our table was beautifully decorated and my daughter received a lovely cake and everyone sang, it was a lovely evening. We also ate one evening at the Mediterranean restaurant Corallo Rosso, again the food was lovely especially the beef! it was very quiet the evening we went so there wasn't much in the way of ambience but we enjoyed it.
We also ate at the pool and beach restaurants which again were both very good, they have the burgers and wraps etc.
On the whole the food is very good! only the fussiest of fussy eaters would find problems with it!
I do have to mention to make this a fair and honest review some slight niggles I had and most of those were definition of All Inclusive, obviously most AI holidays don't include branded drinks etc but here there were other things not included which made you wary of what you ordered for example the Ice-cream bar (La Dolce Vita) is not included which is a shame specially for the children (although you could get ice-cream from the beach and pool bar but just the basic) Beer and chocolate in your mini bar are not included! Waiters will walk round with plates of Watermelon or fresh juice cocktails these are also not included! All the bars and restaurants have drink/food menu's but you have to look through to find the all inclusive menu because some cocktails and juices etc are not included!! drinks at the beach parties are not included which is strange considering you walk a couple of minutes to the other bar and they are, so again be careful! This is the first hotel we have been to that is not operating on the wrist band system, you have to sign for drinks which does become tedious at times. We did point this out at the management cocktail party we were invited to and we were told they are constantly reviewing the AI option so hopefully they will look at this because we know we were not the only ones who found it a bit confusing and at times annoying. Also just be aware after the first couple of days they seemed to get strict on their long trouser policy if the gents were in shorts you would be seated outside.

Entertainment - The lobby bar in the evening has a piano player who is very good but does tend to repeat the songs every other evening but we enjoyed it whilst playing cards and looking at the views.
We didn't catch many of the evening shows but those that we did we enjoyed.
The lower pool is where most of the daytime activities were, they included, pool volleyball,darts and water aerobics. We don't have young children but the children about seem to love the kids club and they looked to do lots of different activities.

Excursions - We didn't do any off the Thomas cook list, we were put of by our rep who we found to be not very helpful! we realised pretty quickly we were the only family on our arrival staying at our hotel so he didn't seem bothered at the welcome meeting the next day :( we got more help from the hotel staff!! And the one trip we did enquire about (Market madness) we were informed wasn't actually the price that was listed, we had to pay an extra 250 Egyptian pounds which didn't seem right so we choose not to do it. Through the hotel we used their free bus service to Naama bay and I have to say it was the longest two hours of my life! you are constantly hassled from the minute you step off the bus, you can't enjoy looking round or browsing the shops because it is constant and it was specially not very nice for my daughter who they seemed to focus on and at times were actually quite disrespectful to. On talking to other guests we were told about Soho Square which you can also book through the hotel concierge (a free bus) and this was the total opposite there was no hassle and you could browse without the stress we would highly recommend a couple of hours here specially in the evening, there is entertainment and some lovely bars and restaurants.

Shopping and haggling - Firstly you get a much better exchange rate in Egypt, at the hotel we got 12 LE (Egyptian pound) for £1 so we would wait until you get there but remember to ask for some smaller denominations for tips, which we have to point out we were never made to feel like we had to tip at all!!!!
After our not very pleasant trip to Naama bay we found the fixed priced supermarket in Soho square a god send! but you do have to haggle in the bag and jewellery shops I found it easier to work out how much I was prepared to pay for any item and then stick to that and be prepared to walk away if I couldn't get it for as near to that price as I could get ( you do have to be reasonable though) bags ranged from 190 LE up to 380 LE obviously they are all fake but you do get various degrees of quality. Silver jewellery is good we got a great deal actually in the hotel shop, go see Thomas he will give you a good deal! look at paying about £20 for a ring or bracelet depending on style and detail and about £10 for a pendant but the more items you get the bigger discount you can haggle over.

General - On your first day you will get the usual Spa,hotel excursion people, restaurant reps talking to you, offering deals etc let them speak but be firm if you are not interested, after that apart from hello's and some friendly banter they do leave you alone! the hotel does have a no hassle policy and you can ask the pool attendants for a do not disturb red flag.

You must try the snorkeling from the hotel jetty's it is amazing! and to hire a snorkel set for the day is 25 LE (just over £2)

We didn't use the Spa/gym except the outdoor jacuzzi which we found to be a little to warm but all enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere,sunbeds and lovely location.

The thing that made this holiday for me was the staff! of all the holidays we have been on I think these were the best trained staff we have come across, apart from one or two over enthusiastic members they had the perfect balance of interest in how your stay is going and whether everything is to your satisfaction to giving you space and allowing you to relax and enjoy! I have to mention a couple who really contributed to making our stay very enjoyable and they were Ashraf from my initial emailing regarding my daughters 16th birthday, dealing with Ashraf was a pleasure and he made it all so easy. Tamir in the La Terrazza restaurant he made sure our drinks were there for us and always had a moment to chat with us even when he was very busy. Milad the waiter by the lower pool as soon as we arrived he had our bottle of water there for us and regularly renewed our drinks without being asked. Saber a pool attendant who again was very helpful and attentive especially with the cold water spray!! As I said previously we never felt obliged to give tips but some staff go beyond and give that little extra which I think deserves a thank you.

I want to say a very big thank you to all the staff at the Stella specially for the lovely day they gave to my daughter on her 16th birthday, her room decorations and towel art, pool towel art and special drinks, our lovely meal overlooking the sea, two wonderful cakes and lots of fuss.. it was day she won't ever forget!!

I have to say on the whole we had a lovely holiday and would definitely return in the future, which I think is the biggest compliment you can give!

Room Tip: All the rooms have lovely outlooks!! I imagine the rooms overlooking the outdoor jacuzzi would be th...
11 Thank Saffy37
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a two week stay at Stella Di'Mare with my boyfriend and literally couldn't recommend this hotel more!
When we arrived we were greeted with complimentary drinks, seated in a gorgeous lobby lounge and listened to a man playing the piano while we were brought information about our stay and room. Straight away we knew we'd love this hotel and we weren't wrong.. All the staff were so polite, friendly and helpful.. We were made to feel at home from day one.
Our room was lovely, with a beautiful view of the private beach and sea.. There were four pools, a heated pool by the spa, a large pool with a bar, and then down a flight of stairs was another pool and a smaller children's pool, then walk a couple of metres and your on the private beach overlooking the sea, which had jetties so that you could go snorkelling (and there were some amazing fish!)
On our first day we were greeted by Mohammed (diamond geezer! ) who told us all about the spa and gave us a great deal on a package, which was definitely worth the money! So relaxing, we were truly pampered!! Mohammed went lengths to accommodate us and is a great guy, always stopped for a chat and a joke.
We were also greeted by Baseem, such a happy and cheerful guy, who worked at the delicious La Scogliera! As we only booked B&B he gave us a deal to eat at the restaurant.. The first time we ate there was for lunch for my boyfriends birthday, and they went so out of their way to help us celebrate!! Decorated a table, in our own private area overlooking the beach, with balloons, hearts, streamers, etc.. Was lovely! And the food was incredible!!! Everything was cooked to perfection, and tasted amazing.. After that we ate here quite often.. We just loved it, the food, atmosphere and staff.. Especially Baseem and Habib who made us so welcome. The restaurant is Thai but covers a wide range of foods. We fell in love with this restaurant so we didn't eat anywhere else in the hotel.
The pool staff were so friendly and attentive.. Checking we were ok and offering us drinks.
There was loads to do in the hotel too.. Exercise classes, dance classes and activities, all led by a group of really friendly and happy girls. The exercise classes were great, especially the stretching, which was out in the sunshine, and the body toning, which was in the gym... Just breaks the day up a bit and keeps your bikini body in good condition.
The breakfast had a wide variety and we were always spoilt for choice..
The cleaners on our floor were great, always coming up with new towel creations.
We literally don't have a bad word to say about this hotel, it was incredible! A truly relaxing hotel. I usually don't like going to the same place twice.. But I can definitely see myself returning to Stella Di'Mare!

I definitely think that spending the extra bit really makes a difference as we heard a lot of people on the plane home moaning about their hotels and how much they hated their holiday.
Also I'd recommend going all inclusive as there are three restaurants to choose from with a variety of food and it'll save you having a hefty bill at the end of your holiday.. Worth every penny though! X

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Duckysoph
surreymaria
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It is really difficult to say something about this hotel that has not already been said. My review is delayed as I went straight back to work, we stayed from the 27th June - 7th July
Our room cleaner was amazing, the room was very well cleaned with all the animals that people speak of . He was also a very nice guy.
The restaurant manager was there at every meal,he was very friendly and asked us every day if we were ok. When I mentioned on the last day that I was a veggi he said I should of told him so he could of arranged some different food for me.This leads me on the the pasta chef, he was amazing. He kept me fed on pasta for nearly two weeks , every meal was different and extremely good.He was on the Fajita station one night and there were two very difficult customers,it was aslo exremley busy and I wanted a veggi fajita and he kept his cool and kept smiling especially at the two difficult ladies. I wouldn't of been able too.Another man that needs a mention is the bookings director. I explained that I was going straight back to to work the next day so I asked for a late check out. He arranged this for me, but the amazing thing is when we went to the meet the management he had taken the trouble to find out who I was . he came straight up to me to check everything was ok. Another member of staff that was amazing was a young man who worked in the outside bar in the evening.He was responsible for the shisha pipes, he always had a smile and a joke for us. he worked, as they all did very long hours.We had a panoramic sea view room. It was lovely.
The snorkeling is better if you swim out a bit as the coral is dead when yo enter the water, but if you swim along a bit you will see some lovely sights. The guys on the beach were also great, as has previously been said.I have traveled all over the world, Maldives Caribbean and New York to name a few of the places. I can honestly say that the Stella has the best staff I have ever come across. I was so impressed I intend to write to heir head office. I feel they deserve some recognition from management down to floor level for the effort they put in We did tip, but we would of received the same service without tipping. I know this as we didn't tip the first day as we hadn't changed out money up. We changed it it out there as you get a better rate,I forgot to mention this was out fourth trip ti Egypt. Thank you to all at Stella for a much needed break. I hope to see you all again someday.If I get time off work it will be the Stella I come back too.
surreymaria.

Room Tip: The rooms higer up have a better view. the panoramic rooms are away from the entertainment
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank surreymaria
Nantwich
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We returned from Stella di Mare, Sharm el Sheikh a couple of weeks ago. This hotel is one of the best we have ever stayed in for being friendly,helpful and relaxing.........and we have stayed in some really nice 5 star hotels! There were 4 in our party, my wife and our 2 sons aged 18 & 20. We played volleyball and water volleyball every day and it was great fun and usually well attended. The snorkelling was absolutely fantastic and it is just at the end of either 1 of 2 hotel piers. If you are into SCUBA, then there are courses for that, which we heard were extremely good.
The service in the main buffet restaurant and the 2 speciality ones was excellent. All the staff are friendly and can't do enough to ensure you have what you want or need. A special thanks to Sherif, Ahmed and Samuel for looking after us so attentively. The food is wonderful and each day had a different theme. None of our party had any sickness, which we have had before when we visited Sharm previously. We liked the fact that the bread rolls/pastries were always covered, to keep them fresh.
The entertainment team worked hard all day, looking after the guests. Megan & Sara, especially, went out of their way to make our holiday memorable and are a real credit to the hotel. They ensured our holiday was the best ever and a big THANKYOU goes to them. The pianist/violinist and saxophonist who played most evenings were a real joy to listen to. Absolutely magical and one of the things that would make us return to this wonderful hotel. All the reviews for this hotel are spot on and we would have no hesitation in recommending Stella di Mare to anyone. We will be sure to return.
Many thanks for a fantastic holiday - family known as 'G-units'!!

Room Tip: We overlooked the waterfall which was lovely and was turned off from late afternoon until mid mornin...
3 Thank Tony M